Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Wasn't there a GCDer who died? His username was something like The Guy Who Wore Pink?

Lavish Lunatic

Pff, if you were going to 'test' the GCD, do it better next time. rolleyes
And it would still be condescending.
It is fine to spark a discussion about an unfamiliar topic, but please, hidden 'tests' to see if we read the whole thing and whatnot makes me feel like you're treating us like toddlers.

Anyway. Yes, people die. Yes, people might even commit suicide because of hurtful comments they might have received on the internet. However, people just as well might commit suicide because of real life hurtful comments. The only difference is that people usually take the internet less seriously and because of the 'veil of anonimity' are less.. polite than they would be in real life.

I do not think it's okay to insult someone, but, like anyone, I do make mistakes sometimes. Sometimes people get on my nerves. A lot. And then I might retaliate in a hurtful manner. Does that make me wrong? I don't know.
The situation is never as black and white as we'd like it to be.

Invisible Officer

13,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Well I'm a Grombie, so I am kinda the recently resurrected from the dead.

Super Humorist

Yeata Zi
I had a friend in a guild. She came on pretty regularly. Then one day she just stopped.

I convinced myself she had died, or something terrible had happened to her.

Eventually (years later) I searched for her username and found she had a twitter that she updated regularly.

The tying this in to your initial discussion is a little morbid.

; n ;
Since we're on this topic, I'm not dead. I've just been busy irl and decided to put my Here In heaven thread on hiatus. Plus I think i might actually finish the novel before I reopen it.

So far I've happen to meet two users who died later on.
It's an odd situation.
Some times we establish friendships so strong, this folk become family.
it's all very relative but in the end it all comes down to accepting it and moving on.

Kawaii Carnivore

Dear OP, in your case about dead people, you seem to only take in account only those who killed themselves . I am appalled . Lamia , one of my fellow Wgers and friend, didn 't kill herself , she died of aneurysm .And it ' s true that when someone hasn 't logged in ages , worried , I 'll check their post history/tumblr ...For the majority , they were taking a break from Gaia , thanks God !

As for insults , well I never use them because I think they are arguments of the weakest party : it ' s too easy to tell someone that they are stupid, ignorant , loathsome . Trying to understand their point of view and then rejecting it with your own ideas is much more mature and grown-up .That ' s why I don 't care if people insult me .Except if they were close friends : I think it would break my heart though maybe to anger them first , I would have dones something bad </3. Then , I would try to know why they don 't approve of my existence and behavior.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Monday Delirium
Yeata Zi
I had a friend in a guild. She came on pretty regularly. Then one day she just stopped.

I convinced myself she had died, or something terrible had happened to her.

Eventually (years later) I searched for her username and found she had a twitter that she updated regularly.

The tying this in to your initial discussion is a little morbid.

; n ;
Since we're on this topic, I'm not dead. I've just been busy irl and decided to put my Here In heaven thread on hiatus. Plus I think i might actually finish the novel before I reopen it.

So far I've happen to meet two users who died later on.
It's an odd situation.
Some times we establish friendships so strong, this folk become family.
it's all very relative but in the end it all comes down to accepting it and moving on.

I didn't think you were dead, lovely. <3

It's very sad. :/

Cat

I don't think that many Gaians are dead. Your statistics are a bit off, I think. It does happen, but I think people are more likely to be banned/take hiatuses/leave for a new account/leave the site completely than they are to stop logging on because they are no longer alive.

I think it's nice when parents or friends update someone's social media with the fact that they're no longer here; there was a youtuber i came across who had died and all his videos were still up but his family updated his info to say when/how he died and that they miss him and everyone in the comments of every video sent their condolences and said what a great guy he way. I thought it must have been nice for the family to see their child had friends that cared, even online.

I guess I'd like it if my family or a friend let people know what happened to me if i died; i have some really nice buddies on here and i'd hate to leave them in the dark.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
People die all the time. Everywhere. I would react the same way I would in life. It would depend on if I knew you well enough to full on grieve, or just be very sad for a bit. I don't ponder who may or may not be on hiatus or dead, but I do ponder where we fictional Gaian's go when we die.

As for people being complete asshats, yeah that happens everywhere irl too, not just here. I have met more people willing to make fun of you then to be polite, in my particular area. I live in a low economic area, and a lot of these poorer people aren't exactly normal people down on their luck, they are what you'd refer to as redneck/white trash or any other term that describes a belligerent fool who is willing to attack you. I still don't understand why you'd get raging mad over a dollar menu item, but people will cuss you out for putting sour cream on something we can easily remake for free without it. I have seen people who are literally covered in dirt and smell of urine, that do not work a dirty job, go insane spouting "I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS s**t!" because someone fudged a bit and gave them two strawberry donuts rather then a strawberry and lemon donut. I don't feel like the lady at the counter should have had to help this raging beast. I can't call her a beast, because I have met beasts of burden that smell sweeter then this cray-cray. I have also been called a whore for not marking a purposely misplaced item down by two dollars. I didn't tell her it couldn't happen, just that I couldn't do it but could call someone who would.

Any class of people are willing to do this, and especially on the internet where no one knows they are not truly nice. I have gotten into fights only a few times on here, and usually end them with a, "I'm not doing this" kind of thing. I just don't understand why you'd be a complete d**k to someone over an opinion on the internet. Uhg, I am so tired of high school drama filled people.

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Crikey, I hadn't thought of that...

I always assumed people had left, or gone onto another avatar or something.

Jeez...People are dead

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Lapine Lequesne

2. OHAYO! Im Kawaii princess sakudayaramu I am white outside, but I have japan ancestry! My dad gaev me windchime so i remember heritage-desu! nihao, I lurve yaoi and I em bi, but I only liek boys rite now!

dat PT reference

Fluffy Treat

the_true_iori

I anticipate a lot of 'well it's human nature' responses and would just like to let you know right off the bat that you are wrong. There are few if any documented studies that have, in any way, shown that humans are jerks without provocation. There are both psychological and evolutionary perspectives as to why altruism (ie: being nice or charitable toward others) is a good thing. If you disagree and want to be taken seriously by me I expect some sort of evidence to support your point(s).

evolution, eh...maybe the socially unfit are weeded out by being insulted unto suicide?

Player

I had a friend once that I talked a lot to.
I noticed her coming online less and she told me how boring Gaia is.
However, she just suddenly never came online again.
Not a bye, no status-message or topic, just POOF.

She was vending a lot and I believe she had a tendency of making bad business.
I guessed that she got banned and decided to quit.
But who knows that for sure.

I still wonder where she went or if she's okay at all.

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
LabTech Deusy
Well I'm a Grombie, so I am kinda the recently resurrected from the dead.

But you're not dead.
You were technically bitten by grunnies so much that your got symptoms similar to the flu.
Half of user population gone > Assume all are dead

No

Alot of bots were on this site until a couple years ago, I believe.. But some users just quit, or are online but not as much as they used to be. Some may be on a year long hiatus from school or RL in general. Though I have seen some people talk about users who've died, I know its possible. But it's not a common reason for people to all of a sudden not be online anymore/not be on as much as they used to be. I did stumble across a users profile who died though and ended up crying in RL .__.;; I felt odd because I didn't know them though..

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hello there!

You're kidding me. I try to think this in a more realisitic setting, some people just forget to log in again, or have stopped playing on Gaia. There is no way most of them will die in 10 years. I used to be butthurt and sensitive but now I have a tough shell and an unabashed ego.

Please, if this is an attempt at trolling us, you are failing. User Image

have a nice day

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas