Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Fatcat

I dont find the exchange scary. I find it a complete waste of time. If I want to buy something for a fair price like 3% off mp say for example they will ALWAYS try to screw more out of me. I only go to exchange when I want to buy something to use never to sell (my stuff usually sells within a week for more then I can get in exchange via MP)

If I disliked any specific board I guess it would be The GD because its like the aggressive chatterbox.

Bucktoothed Pants

19,550 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I don't remember what drew me to the GCD originally...but I came here in either late 05 or early 06 and just never left. This is pretty much the only forum I even bother with anymore. I'm constantly here even if I don't post. I read pretty much every thread other than the EI/REI threads.

For a while I was pretty heavily involved with the z!CB guild but that involvement pretty much died when I lost home internet in 09/10.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Kawaii Nerd

10,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
GD I can't stand that place anymore
I feel like an outcast in AT

I'm used to being in GCD, LD and Heaven

Anxious Vampire

the exchange isn't that scary imo
just a bunch of assholes trying to scam you
but it's understandable, buy low sell high. just some folks trying to get rich/richer

gd is just a complete shithole and everyone knows this

i have mixed feelings about gcd.
it reeks of elitism
one thread on "gaia discrimination", saw a post where this girl would not think that highly of someone who doesn't have a nice post style

on the other hand it's a good source of "news" and item lists, so i like that

chatterbox has a special place in my heart though
been there for around three years

there are the pretentious "regs" aka new wave of cbers that think being well known is a gift from the gods and get everything handed to them on a silver platter
but it's a fast forum which i like and i just have a lot of history with it so i'm comfortable there

i only lurk in other forums though and rarely post
like LD, AT, ITN, SF, and any art related forums

Salty Phantom

20,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
To be honest, I'm actually scared of the CB. I feel like if I'm going to post in there the regs will shoot me down with flaming arrows.

Kawaii Spirit

The art forums are terrible. Almost everyone there is super stuck up and full of crap. They told my friend that she couldn't draw and that she didn't know anything about art because she doesn't draw realism. She's a very successful professional artist. rofl

Barton Reveler

14,500 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
There are some really rude people in the AT. I don't go there anymore for avi item recs anymore, just general item questions.

I don't find the Exchange so bad, but then I never buy from/deal with high-end item sellers, so maybe that's to do with it?

And the CB and GD are inane and full of sex talk. :/

Sweet Gaian

17,650 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Really, I've never been scared to post in a certain forum and have posted in a great deal of them over the years. Users can says whatever they want to me and I am generally un-phased by it. More than anything I've grown out of forums and never come back to them. Two big ones are the Harry Potter forum and CB.

The GCD has always been a special place for me here on Gaia. I enjoy discussing my favorite website and what's going on around it the most. But, I will say that I'm happy that that "Prommie" s**t has died. That was always something that made me roll my eyes. Although, I will say that I still see elitism from a few select users. I've always wanted to be able to reach through my computer screen, shake these people hard, and say to them, "It's a website. A dress-up doll website. Get over yourself!" That's really been my only major problem with this forum over the years, though.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
mayakko
The art forums are terrible. Almost everyone there is super stuck up and full of crap. They told my friend that she couldn't draw and that she didn't know anything about art because she doesn't draw realism. She's a very successful professional artist. rofl
Oooooooooooooooooooohsnap! burning_eyes rofl

I've dabbled in visiting the art shop forums, mostly just to say hello and compliment the artists whose work I admire. There are a few people who are just nice/polite all the time and wonderful to talk to. If you ever see his thread, pop into Arthur Pen's shop. He's an all around sweet guy. 3nodding

Kawaii Spirit

Icysnowgirl
mayakko
Oooooooooooooooooooohsnap! burning_eyes rofl

I've dabbled in visiting the art shop forums, mostly just to say hello and compliment the artists whose work I admire. There are a few people who are just nice/polite all the time and wonderful to talk to. If you ever see his thread, pop into Arthur Pen's shop. He's an all around sweet guy. 3nodding

Oh I will, thank you!

I was mostly talking about the Art Discussion and that critiques forum. People there are super elitist and butthurt in my opinion. It's like they resent people who draw better than them.

Dapper Dabbler

I started out in hang-out threads in the CB, but it got weird real fast.

The GD used to be my home, from 2004 all the way to 2009-2010, then I moved to the art shops/auctions. The GD was fun until about '06, which is when the prommie s**t got out of hand and hanging out or talking to those people gave you a bad reputation for some reason. I popped in once since I returned to Gaia and haven't been back since... I guess it seemed like fun when I was a hyper teenager, now, not so much :'D

The art forums were fun enough, but while prommies were annoying in the GD, the shops were on a whole other level of cliquey behaviour. It was ridiculous. It doesn't look like it has changed much.

Frequented the exchange quite a lot but it's mostly "selling (item), taking offers" and saying no a hundred times until you get a decent offer. Very impersonal, for me anyway. Not particularly scary, just not geared towards communication.

I guess AT could be scary, I haven't been in a while but they had a reputation a few years back already.

GCD is where I've spent most of my time lately, which is funny since I never ever used to come here before.

Festive Star

14,750 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
      the exchange kind of scares me mostly because of all the super rich and elite people there o n o;;

hmm sometimes i'll poke my nose into the at to look at pretty avatars. i don't post there much though. i just admire u v u

i like the gcd and (don't judge me) the cb. the gcd because the people are more mature (even if i do sometimes feel like one of the youngest here haha) and the topics are fun, and the cb because they're more my age range and it moves fast.

Noble Abomination

11,900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We used to be a GDer.

Ah, those were the days.

Then zOMG came along and we moved over there.

Now we just lurk indiscriminately.

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
I find the Exchange incredibly scary. Its like whenever I try and sell something there's a flock of vultures around me sniffing for profit and then giving me sass when I say no to their offers D:

Other than that I think there's good and bad bits of all forums. I usually just ignore the rude people. >3>;;

Healing Spirit

18,150 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Conventioneer 300
GCD is pretty much my home but i do like to dabble in the Pokemon forum as well as the GD.

GCD will always be where i fit in, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff