Nothing.

This was long overdue.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
OtakuJeannie
I also see a lot of people refusing to accept any answer that does not gel with their wishes. Even if evidence is brought up that either the feature does not make money to keep a staff memeber on it or that it's a wiser financial stratigy to not alot much dev time to it, they'd still try to crunch the numbers using whatever vodoo economics might produce the desired result.
spot on

the biggest problem zomg has is that it just doesn't have enough people playing it. you can blame gaia for failed marketing or whatever floats your boat but in a world where i can go and play dungeons and dragons, lord of the rings, star trek, dc universe (all for basically free) and/or spend $10 to get the guild wars trilogy it's painfully obvious to see why zomg hasn't worked.

all of the mmos mentioned have better gameplay, better graphics, no monthly fee, massive communities, decent customer service and are updated frequently. it hard for people to hear but zomg frankly cannot compete against these games and things like world of warcraft and star wars old republic. that's the problem zomg has.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Backstrom
Silk Kanishk
Also the issue here has little to do with the community but Gaia's fail attempts at promoting and fine-tuning zOMG!

why do you care if gaia fails or not. honest question. do you work for gaia? if not then emotionally investing in a site that has pretty serious flaws and has had them since 2003 is a bit foolish if you ask me.

anyway zomg was pretty much doomed from the start. why anyone now is SO SHOCKED that gaia is shelving it is beyond me. i think the best part is when people try to tell me all these things about gaia running as a business when they want to continue to pump money into a failed project. not to mention the biggest failed project gaia's had.

and as someone who worked pretty directly with the administration team anyone telling me that gaia's communication skills are terrible really has no idea emotion_awesome

Have I ever implied I care about Gaia? I do love the game though. Is that acceptable, being passionate about a game? emotion_kirakira

And yes, it is rather unfortunate that Gaia bungled on a game that could've amounted to something great and in doing so have also left an entire community in the lurch.

And Cool story bro. o 3o

Time-traveling Senshi

OtakuJeannie
I also see a lot of people refusing to accept any answer that does not gel with their wishes. Even if evidence is brought up that either the feature does not make money to keep a staff memeber on it or that it's a wiser financial stratigy to not alot much dev time to it, they'd still try to crunch the numbers using whatever vodoo economics might produce the desired result.

These are the same ones who go into any thread on the subject that the Devs post and are all, "Tell us how much we have to buy in order to pay for a full time developer for zOMG." They are so convinced that power ups, double orbs, and revives are going to be enough to pay the salary for one developer's pay period. They won't take anything less than either "Okay we'll pull JK off that project and put him back onto zOMG full time and never take him off zOMG" or "You were right we were wrong all the problems with the game are because we didn't have a flash artist for zOMG so we went out and found one for you to be on the game and nothing else." And no matter what the staff tells them that is truth they just don't want to accept it and keep insisting a full time developer is the only thing that will rectify the whole thing.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Chibi Halo
OtakuJeannie

These are the same ones who go into any thread on the subject that the Devs post and are all, "Tell us how much we have to buy in order to pay for a full time developer for zOMG." They are so convinced that power ups, double orbs, and revives are going to be enough to pay the salary for one developer's pay period. They won't take anything less than either "Okay we'll pull JK off that project and put him back onto zOMG full time and never take him off zOMG" or "You were right we were wrong all the problems with the game are because we didn't have a flash artist for zOMG so we went out and found one for you to be on the game and nothing else." And no matter what the staff tells them that is truth they just don't want to accept it and keep insisting a full time developer is the only thing that will rectify the whole thing.

Which they aren't going to get. rolleyes I've noticed this as well.

It's mildly frustrating. It's like there's no give or get here. :/

Time-traveling Senshi

Yeata Zi
Which they aren't going to get. rolleyes I've noticed this as well.

It's mildly frustrating. It's like there's no give or get here. :/

They simply can't accept anything but a full time in house not contract developer by the name of JK or swarf working on nothing but zOMG. They sure can be a stubborn little group.

Desirable Cutesmasher

Eh, I loved the game at first but like many MMO's, it became more work than fun.
Taking several minutes/hours to find people to play with and then more hours to get things started, only for your group to disband after 1-10 battles... God, never again.

The constant gold nerfing only made things worse in that regard but then to start playing favor to those who pay-to-play? Sorry Gaia, but if I wanted to pay to slave away in a game, I'd much rather give my money to Blizzard. At least then I'd get 3D graphics, mounts, weapons that do stuff, an expansive world to explore and be able to sell my account for hundreds of REAL dollars.

HOWEVER, that does not mean I want Gaia to put an end to ZOMG. I believe the game can be fun again if they revert it to where it was back when it started but fixed things like controls, graphics, frame rate issues, etc.

Although, that probably won't happen. Whatever, I won't cry if it does get taken offline.

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I can fit all the ******** I give about zOMG into my little finger.

I am intensely happy that it is gone, in actual fact, because I hate the entire 'game' notion affixed to Gaia, and I have resented that thing since day one. From my perspective, it fosters an ideal being pushed on the website that is at odds with what I feel that it actually -is-, and I am not in the slightest surprised that it failed.

My two cents, and I pretty much expect nobody to agree with it.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
Anyone who thinks it's spoiled brats throwing a fit until their parent buys them a Lamborghini for their 16th birthday is full of s**t.

Gaia can't run Gaia.
This FB foray is spreading resources too thin and in the long term, they aren't making as much as they put in.

zOMG! wasn't meant to be a game, it was meant to be the site with game elements. Want to argue economics? You can't, I can't, they don't want to.

If you want to support a company that can't communicate, let alone communicate in an accurate manner, go right ahead. 3 years tops before it goes bankrupt and FB pops.

No you can't have my stuff.

On top of that, you foolish people posting in here have some weakness, I'm sure. Guilds and forum overhauls aren't a priority. Does that feel nice?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff