Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I don't read/watch/or even care about Sherlock.

I could give a flip about anything concerning it.

-rolls out of thread-

Dangerous Loiterer

Meh, I like Sherlock, but this ******** obsession with it is getting on my ******** nerves. We've got
so many Sherlock items now that it's ridiculous. The general obsession for Sherlock and Doctor Who
is one of the things that makes me want to bash my head in against a wall.

At least it's not tumblr with the incessant gifsets

Butyeah
badfans can deter me for awhile
anyone that passionate about something is bound to taint first impressions a bit
but usually I come around and end up giving it a try
sometimes I see it as overhyped bullshit (avengers)
sometimes I can totally grasp the hype and end up being an even bigger, but classier, nerd over it (hometrucks)
and sometimes I enjoy it, get why people like it, but still want nothing to do with it (benedict cumdumpster)
Yeata Zi
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
I'd rather see sherlock than the rest of the s**t fanbases nowadays.

namely Homestuck.
namely Homestuck. neutral

You mean like the "Green Worm", record, zodiac mood bubbles that conveniently reference Homestuck characters?

okay granted the obvious ones were CS iirc and had to be cancelled because of not getting permission from the author

what are you talking about?
last time i checked they weren't "canceled"
cash shop items just dont stay around forever. neutral
Homestuck items are never going to happen on Gaia because the Homestuck Creator and non-gaia fanbase THREW SUCH A HUGE s**t STORM WHEN THOSE STUPID ASTROLOGY SYMBOL MOOD BUBBLE CAME OUT.

Am I the only person who remembers this?

Wasn't the creator
Just his overzealous gf who does that type of s**t to people who dare to sell prints/horns at cons~
and bad tumblrfans who escalate everything to shitstorm levels

Nerd

♫♫ I can actually handle the references on Gaia mostly because nothing is as bad as tumblr. Surprisingly I still want to check out the show after I get done watching Merlin(I can only one show with a freakish fandom at a time) the references haven't ruined it for me. I can't speak on Doctor Who mainly because I am one of those freakishly obsessed fans and as far as other references I can't think of one that would irritate me.

Time-traveling Senshi

VKiera
^This is my thoughts pretty much, about any fandom really, be I apart of it or not. It's cool, you can dig it, ship whoever, enjoy it as much as you want, but don't like jump on me with your over the top craziness plz.

Though hell yes, we need an NCIS item! I vote for Burt, everyone needs a farting hippo right?

I'm personally sick of the gangnam style thing going around in rl pop culture, I just...no. My friend says I'm like the exact opposite of a person who is easily amused, so perhaps that's it, I'm just not easily amused.

As for on Gaia, nothing really annoys me (maybe when we have too much Diedrich in the events), I mean eh Sherlock, not my thing really I roll my eyes and go along for the ride. Though I think most of that is the fact that tumbler is obsessed with it and Dr. Who, so no matter what or who you follow, it will end up on your dash. So I'm a bit over exposed to it?

There's also the fact I don't get fangirls like that, at all. I mean as a woman, you're obsessing over men, who by definition, have absolutely no interest in you and objectifying relationships is not generally cool man.

But overall I'm just kinda 'meh, move along now, nothing to see here' and I move along on my merry way.

I will never deny a person the right to ship whoever they want to. I'll question their reasons behind it and wonder what they're smoking with why they're doing it but they can ship all they want. It's when it becomes the central part of the fanon that it makes me shy away from the series all together. I guess this is why I can accept the fact that reaper ships Sherlock and John because they've been mistaken for a couple in the series. I just really don't need to see the graphic side of that shipping all the time.

And oh man a Burt item with a speech bubble that says "It's hinky" and a large cup of Caf Pow would be awesome to have on Gaia. Heck, I'll just take a purple hippo plush and pretend it's Burt. xp

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Never really understood the fandom to begin with, namely because although I like BBC's Sherlock, I was always a fan of Jeremy Brett as the Sherlock. I guess I don't hang out around a bunch of fandoms or not really exposed to it (like not having a tumblr I suppose) I just never understood the serious hate.

I mean, hate on Twilight makes more sense, but even then extreme disgust/extreme love over shipping different fictional characters never really made sense to me. Sure, rabid fandoms are annoying, but that's regardless of who they're fans of.

PS. Still would love to see an NCIS tribute/fan item though emotion_kirakira

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I don't mind things like this. I'm not in the fandom myself, but I think it's nice for fans to get things like that. My only problem was that it took over the entire freaking forum. I hope if they do this again, the put in some kind of "if you see a thread for this don't make another one." rule. That was obnoxious.

I'd love to have something like that for my fandom, but my fandom is tiny.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
No, not really. I can't think of anything like that. I don't mind these references.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Anti-Ling
Yeata Zi
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater

namely Homestuck.

You mean like the "Green Worm", record, zodiac mood bubbles that conveniently reference Homestuck characters?

okay granted the obvious ones were CS iirc and had to be cancelled because of not getting permission from the author

Homestuck items are never going to happen on Gaia because the Homestuck Creator and non-gaia fanbase THREW SUCH A HUGE s**t STORM WHEN THOSE STUPID ASTROLOGY SYMBOL MOOD BUBBLE CAME OUT.

Wasn't the creator
Just his overzealous gf who does that type of s**t to people who dare to sell prints/horns at cons~
Well, that's probably worse. :/

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Anti-Ling
Yeata Zi
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater

namely Homestuck.

Wasn't the creator
Well, that's probably worse. :/

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Not my place to judge other people's fandoms. Or at least I try to.

Reindeer

wow no >:T

Salty Sweetheart

11,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Hm, I guess I just haven't experienced this "creepy fandom" much in real life and Sherlock rarely comes up in conversation with anyone I know. I don't know anything about the artist that created the item, I'm not on tumbler or whatever... The most I see of the fandom is on Deviant Art and I don't really browse fanart much.

I was happy to get a Sherlock item since I like the show. In real life, I was the only one of my friends that watched it until recently. I now know a grand total of two people that watch it besides me (in real life). One of them is my dad's friend who's in his 50's, the other is my friend. I suggested she watch it on Netflix because I thought she'd like it, and she just finished it the other day. She said she enjoyed it a lot. I'm not really saturated with it in my life though.

Lavish Lunatic

I think a some people need to mellow out a bit.

Hating something because other people love something excessively only costs you energy.
I don't understand the fandoms, but hey, if they like it. Sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff