Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

Super Fightin Prototype
Chibi Halo

It's probably out there but as long as it's not on the places I go to it's easier for me to ignore that it is. Holy hell, I can probably guess right that someone's Rule 34'd Gibbs and Fornell because of their shared ex-wife Diane. They're good bromance fodder but yeah I wouldn't want to see someone justify Leroy Jethro Gibbs giving up his thing for red heads because they remind him of his murdered first wife to shack up with a balding FBI agent who was also married to the same woman Gibbs was here on Gaia through art and items.

I'm the kind of person who wants to enjoy a series without all of the weird corners of the fandom being constantly put into my face. That's why obsessive fandom references on Gaia tend to get old fast for me. I tend to like the non obsessive subtle references that make you giddy with joy when you see them come about.

I said it when Ships Happen came out and I'll say it again - trying to justify a pairing like that usually makes it seem like the shipper has never watched or read what they seem to love so much.

Everyone knows Mokuba Kaiba and Seto Kaiba love each other sexually because this one fanfic I read called Seto Kaiba a prince and the royal family liked to keep it in. Obviously those two just love brocest. emotion_awesome Yeah no, I don't buy that; however I do admit my Photobucket username came from a passing glance at a Yugioh fanfic that called Seto Kaiba a prince.

Ugh I hate fans like that. They just assume that because two characters look good or that they have a rivalry it means they're in boylove with each other. At least with reaper wanting to put Sherlock and John together actually has merits as poor John is constantly being thought of as Sherlock's life partner by people as evidenced in the Hound of the Baskervilles when they travel to Baskerville and stay at the inn for their case. I felt so bad for him when the woman checking them in asked him if they wanted one bed or two in their room and John got so flustered over her thinking they were an actual couple.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
I'd rather see sherlock than the rest of the s**t fanbases nowadays.

namely Homestuck.
namely Homestuck. neutral

You mean like the "Green Worm", record, zodiac mood bubbles that conveniently reference Homestuck characters?

okay granted the obvious ones were CS iirc and had to be cancelled because of not getting permission from the author

what are you talking about?
last time i checked they weren't "canceled"
cash shop items just dont stay around forever. neutral

Impassioned Lionheart

Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
namely Homestuck.

You mean like the "Green Worm", record, zodiac mood bubbles that conveniently reference Homestuck characters?
okay granted the obvious ones were CS iirc and had to be cancelled because of not getting permission from the author

What he said emotion_kirakira
The items were part of a special RIG that left the cash shop after a while because that's what RIGs do. Also, any items on Gaia that reference something are protected under parody/fair use. As long as they're not directly making money off of them, then they're allowed to be there.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing more references to American cartoons. emotion_kirakira

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
I want Jekyll next.

Fantastiche!

And I don't think there's anything I hate enough ...

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater

namely Homestuck.

Homestuck items are never going to happen on Gaia because the Homestuck Creator and non-gaia fanbase THREW SUCH A HUGE s**t STORM WHEN THOSE STUPID ASTROLOGY SYMBOL MOOD BUBBLE CAME OUT.

Am I the only person who remembers this?

Impassioned Lionheart

Yeata Zi
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
namely Homestuck.

Homestuck items are never going to happen on Gaia because the Homestuck Creator and non-gaia fanbase THREW SUCH A HUGE s**t STORM WHEN THOSE STUPID ASTROLOGY SYMBOL MOOD BUBBLE CAME OUT.

Gaia totally should. I'd like to see Hussie try to sue Gaia. > A>

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
TehChich
Yeata Zi
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
namely Homestuck.

I don't know who that is.

But watching folks sue Gaia would be terrible, because if Gaia went bankrupt it would be gone forever.

Fluffy Creature

SmallTownGuy
Funny thing is that this event didn't even mention the current tv show nor any other film adaptation. This was all about the original stories.

But the grant item is all about the current show, having a Benedict Cumberbatch companion, dolls of BBC Sherlock and Watson, and I would also assume the hat is in reference to the current show. And the flat background does look somewhat modern.

Impassioned Lionheart

Yeata Zi
TehChich
Yeata Zi
Mermaid Eater
Cloud Riven
Mermaid Eater
namely Homestuck.

I don't know who that is.
But watching folks sue Gaia would be terrible, because if Gaia went bankrupt it would be gone forever.

Oh no, I'm saying because he could never win. He's the Homestuck guy, btw

Bashful Faun

15,190 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
Why? sorry but this thread does sounds really mean .-.
She took the work of doing something very nice and a complicated event that brought people together in speculation and tough like we have had few before. And no little amount of frustration xD
Not mentioning going trough the work of doing a nice item of multiple poses for a free event. You may not like the series but she does and if by showing her love she does good for everybody more power to her.

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I recently started watching it (Like a week ago I think) And I love it so for me this event was perfectly timed >w<

Aekea Nerd

13,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
I feel the same way... But I refuse to let Reapersun's creepy obsession ruin Sherlock Holmes in general for me. I've been a fan of the books since I was a kid. Not, like, a huge gigantic fan, but I enjoyed reading the ones I happened across. I like the idea of a genius detective. I really liked the Robert Downey Jr. movies and I greatly enjoy the show Elementary, but even though I did like the first season of Sherlock (for the most part...), I just can't bring myself to watch it ever again... Although I can't really blame Reapersun entirely. It also has to do with the fact that I hate Steven Moffat for ruining Doctor Who. stressed

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Chibi Halo
Super Fightin Prototype
Chibi Halo
          You know this whole thing kind of makes me glad reaper hasn't shown any kind of interest in NCIS. Oh my god I don't think I could take any attempt to get Tony and Tim to hook up. gonk

NCIS is like my one live action series I'm passionate about and it'd be weird to have that kind of obsession being thrown out there for it.

No exceptions. You should know this by now. >:3

It's probably out there but as long as it's not on the places I go to it's easier for me to ignore that it is. Holy hell, I can probably guess right that someone's Rule 34'd Gibbs and Fornell because of their shared ex-wife Diane. They're good bromance fodder but yeah I wouldn't want to see someone justify Leroy Jethro Gibbs giving up his thing for red heads because they remind him of his murdered first wife to shack up with a balding FBI agent who was also married to the same woman Gibbs was here on Gaia through art and items.

I'm the kind of person who wants to enjoy a series without all of the weird corners of the fandom being constantly put into my face. That's why obsessive fandom references on Gaia tend to get old fast for me. I tend to like the non obsessive subtle references that make you giddy with joy when you see them come about.

^This is my thoughts pretty much, about any fandom really, be I apart of it or not. It's cool, you can dig it, ship whoever, enjoy it as much as you want, but don't like jump on me with your over the top craziness plz.

Though hell yes, we need an NCIS item! I vote for Burt, everyone needs a farting hippo right?

I'm personally sick of the gangnam style thing going around in rl pop culture, I just...no. My friend says I'm like the exact opposite of a person who is easily amused, so perhaps that's it, I'm just not easily amused.

As for on Gaia, nothing really annoys me (maybe when we have too much Diedrich in the events), I mean eh Sherlock, not my thing really I roll my eyes and go along for the ride. Though I think most of that is the fact that tumbler is obsessed with it and Dr. Who, so no matter what or who you follow, it will end up on your dash. So I'm a bit over exposed to it?

There's also the fact I don't get fangirls like that, at all. I mean as a woman, you're obsessing over men, who by definition, have absolutely no interest in you and objectifying relationships is not generally cool man.

But overall I'm just kinda 'meh, move along now, nothing to see here' and I move along on my merry way.

Unholy Prophet

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm the type of person that when I see a new fandom I try to give it a shot before I completely dismiss it, but even when I like something I can never see why some people get so obsessed with it.

Take mlp for example, I watched probably the first 10 episodes of it, and could honestly say it wasn't that bad, but when I see people going crazy over it shipping themselves with characters, writing spin offs, talking about it non-stop, making it sexual, and just generally being weird about it, then it makes me hate it. I find it completely disgusting the obsession some people have over stuff like this.

You know what I really love; Captain America. I have a jacket, two shirts Captain America related that I wear all the time, and my gamer pic on live is of Captain America. I don't talk about him obsessively though, I think the most I ever did was get art of my avatar and Captain America, which might I add I didn't spam everywhere. I love his character and everything he stands for, but at no point would I consider myself obsessed with him.

I have no problem with fandoms, I do however have a problem with people's unhealthy obsession with things.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces