Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Can we never ever ever reference this show again?

Let's find a new obsession.

Oh, sweet jesus please.

I hear Downton Abbey is all the rage.

Anything but Sherlock.

Eh.

Do you ever get tired of seeing something over and over and over again on Gaia?

Tell me about it!

Or better yet--is there anything in pop culture (I guess) that you abhor because of Gaiaonline.

(Yes, yes~I know Reapersun has a super fandom for this show--doesn't mean I can't hate it forever.... probably because of Reapersun's super obsession with this show.... yeah, that's it.)

And sorry if this sounds mean or anything! Different strokes for different folks! AND I ALSO HAVE A COLD AND FEEL TERRIBLE! So blame that.

Nostalgic Otaku

*shrugs*

Other than Sherlock, the only times Gaia ever had items that directly referenced my fandoms was Tiger & Bunny and even that was rather small.

I'm still tired of the whole superlit/litbreak/whatever on the RP boards if that counts.

Buggy Punk

..Now I can b***h about Crosstitch not updating today! haaaa.

I kind of get tired of events because they inundate forums like this, and the novelty wears off on my quickly. It was fun this morning, but I'm really glad it's winding down now. I need things to read here because I'm too dull to come up with threads myself. emo

I lurked around the MLP forum for a bit and some users there were just so awful it put me off everything about it because thinking of them made my blood boil. Good lord, nothing is more sad and infuriating than a woman complaining about feminism. How dare other women not want to be housewives!

So now I can't veg out watching ponies with my little cousin without wanting to die a little inside.

Liberal Capitalist

10,200 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
It's really not a fairness thing, you know. If other fandoms had people equally as talented and as in love with a certain thing as Reapersun is, then they'd get stuff too. Obviously, if you don't want to deal with a fandom, get the hell away when stuff hits the fan. xD

Obviously I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gaia was made to be a community forum where people could talk to each other over the internet with cute people to dress up. It's nice to get that again, even if it was just a short while. Of course, if it was any longer we'd all keel over dead, but it is really nice to get something for season 3 waiting pains.

And its nice to see Gaians come together and get over any strife or trolls to do this. It was magnificent. Thanks, Reaper. heart heart heart heart

Mysterious Trickster

I'm not too much of a fan of the BBC series, or the American series (Elementary). I prefer the books. I think Naoto is a fan. I'll have to ask her the next time I'm in Inaba.

// I can't get enough of Persona, honestly. It's my favorite game series. If there were a little bit more in the site, I would be a very happy user. //

Time-traveling Senshi

Sherlock is one of those series where I like the show but can not stand the majority of the fans. I do believe it has to do with how it's fawned over by the obsessive fans. If you don't tune them out then it can become a turn off for the series when it's something very good. Get chatting about it with someone who isn't into pairing off the main characters and all the other weird anime fandom type things people are slapping onto this series and you can get into some very good bull sessions about plot and theory (thank god for my eighteen year old niece). I've learned to filter out the fandom and just enjoy the show. Heck, because I've learned to filter out the general fandom and focus on the shows any overly obsessed stuff that shows up on Gaia bothers me not.

Downton Abbey would make for a good obsession on Gaia what with their love of making Agatha dress up as anything Maggie Smith does for Halloween. Then again, I don't see them obsessing over Inspector Lewis like a portion of the wider net does. Nor do I see anyone who is into my favorite live action fandom, NCIS. I sure would love to see a huge cup of Caf Pow, a hippo plush, and a speech bubble saying "It's hinky" in it. I don't see that happening anytime soon at all.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I kind of miss sponsorship items.

but it's not like there are any kpop/kdrama companies who'd advertise on gaia, so...

Since gaia can't distribute straight reference/tribute items without making them free (charging people money would probably violate copyright laws), we can only get these types of items from freebies now...and with how there is like 0 item sponsorship activity on gaia it makes these types of items even rarer. so it seems like we can only get them if an artist volunteers to make the freebie reference items.

that's kind of unfortunate.

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Actually I'm kind of glad it's Sherlock. And not some other supposed smart guy. Notably Doctor Who. I swear I have Dr Who oozing out of my ears and I haven't ever watched the show. Nor do I ever care to either, or participate in a similar event over it. (by jove, would I want the free item though in the end xd )

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Mereluna

I kind of get tired of events because they inundate forums like this, and the novelty wears off on my quickly. It was fun this morning, but I'm really glad it's winding down now. I need things to read here because I'm too dull to come up with threads myself. emo

I lurked around the MLP forum for a bit and some users there were just so awful it put me off everything about it because thinking of them made my blood boil. Good lord, nothing is more sad and infuriating than a woman complaining about feminism. How dare other women not want to be housewives!

So now I can't veg out watching ponies with my little cousin without wanting to die a little inside.

I've never watched the Sherlock (becuse of Gaia)

But my room mate watches it.... and I just end up hating everything she watches because she's one of those annoying fan types.

Like, there was a time I enjoyed Dr. Who..... but now she watches the s**t out of it, and talks about it nonstop, and is really annying about it... and... I just can't enjoy it anymore.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
daydreamer_girl
Actually I'm kind of glad it's Sherlock. And not some other supposed smart guy. Notably Doctor Who. I swear I have Dr Who oozing out of my ears and I haven't ever watched the show. Nor do I ever care to either, or participate in a similar event over it. (by jove, would I want the free item though in the end xd )

These are my feelings exactly about Sherlock XD

I SURE HATE IT. AND IT'S ALL REAPERSUN'S FAULT.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Orgasmic Honey Roll
It's really not a fairness thing, you know. If other fandoms had people equally as talented and as in love with a certain thing as Reapersun is, then they'd get stuff too. Obviously, if you don't want to deal with a fandom, get the hell away when stuff hits the fan. xD

Obviously I thoroughly enjoyed it. Gaia was made to be a community forum where people could talk to each other over the internet with cute people to dress up. It's nice to get that again, even if it was just a short while. Of course, if it was any longer we'd all keel over dead, but it is really nice to get something for season 3 waiting pains.

And its nice to see Gaians come together and get over any strife or trolls to do this. It was magnificent. Thanks, Reaper. heart heart heart heart

Eh. I wasn't saying it was a fairness thing.

Thank god no one else seems to obsess over anythign to this extent in the Gaia staff. razz

I love puzzles, but I missed this one because I have work and school.

Just, like, seeing all the GCD threads was crazy for me.

I would prefer puzzle things like this to be plot-related, though. emo

Buggy Punk

Yeata Zi
Mereluna

But my room mate watches it.... and I just end up hating everything she watches because she's one of those annoying fan types.

Like, there was a time I enjoyed Dr. Who..... but now she watches the s**t out of it, and talks about it nonstop, and is really annying about it... and... I just can't enjoy it anymore.
I refuse to watch Dr Who because everyone I know who does is just so obnoxious about it. And maybe the sane people who watch it just keep it themselves, but the guy who used to text me about the show while he was watching it like I was supposed to care.. hoo, boy.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Mereluna
Yeata Zi
Mereluna

I refuse to watch Dr Who because everyone I know who does is just so obnoxious about it. And maybe the sane people who watch it just keep it themselves, but the guy who used to text me about the show while he was watching it like I was supposed to care.. hoo, boy.

Yes.

I hate fanatics, though.

So anything that's like--HEY YOU WOULD LIKE THIS I WANT X TO HAVE MY BABY WHILE ALSO BEING IN LOVE WITH Y AND OMG I LOVE SO MUCH

Just makes me want to stab my eyeballs out. <3

Beloved Elder

Funny thing is that this event didn't even mention the current tv show nor any other film adaptation. This was all about the original stories.

Buggy Punk

Yeata Zi
Mereluna
Yeata Zi
Mereluna

Yes.

I hate fanatics, though.

So anything that's like--HEY YOU WOULD LIKE THIS I WANT X TO HAVE MY BABY WHILE ALSO BEING IN LOVE WITH Y AND OMG I LOVE SO MUCH

Just makes me want to stab my eyeballs out. <3
I'm glad I could never figure out how to use tumblr effectively because I would have gone crazy in short order. .__.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff