• Jack-pot 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
User Image

OMG. TELL me I'm NOT dreaming?! emotion_kirakira I wish this to be permanent
Sandokiri
Bluecandescent
This can't be permanent
Why are they doing this? They've been sodomizing us so badly for the past year with this crap that I just can't trust them to do anything good for the site.

That staff update said the generators were gone "for the time being." You know they're coming back. There's probably a glitch with how the generators are working, not that they were glitched out of the store. So they removed them all and once the glitch is fixed they're going right back in to wreak their havoc.

They'd never do this voluntarily. They don't have any kindness in their hearts.

It's not a glitch, again. This is something we've decided to do.

minghii
petition to have gaia make the gg's thumbnails into equippable items
i want those melons and honey pots and flying pigs to be hold in my hands

Our thumbnails are surprisingly popular requests for item conversion. I can, at least, pass the suggestion along. yum_puddi
As someone who just came back after half a decade, I want to say thank you.

I can't wait to get my six month locked account back and start putting money back into this site. I really do appreciate it. heart

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Sandokiri

minghii

Our thumbnails are surprisingly popular requests for item conversion. I can, at least, pass the suggestion along. yum_puddi

TRUST ME THEY VERY MUCH ARE SO YES PLEASEE
a lot of us would love to have those icons being made into items like your 09 and 10 prize collections. we prefer seeing those much more than the generators itself. i mean you can't deny how cute those icons are really
Ebania
Exactly. If for a second gold generators show up on the scene, I cancel. It's that simple.

Internet Hero 56K
and gaia gets their results, i'm sure many will be doing the same as well now or moreso when it's promised they are gone surprised
i think I'll do my same thing once I get my old account unlocked heart

Tricky Exhibitionist

13,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Maybe they'll do something where gold generators are only available in certain circumstances, like if you sign up for Autocash, you get one a month or something. Odds are that we'll be seeing the generators back in the cash shop sometime soon though.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Sandokiri
minghii

Add alchemy components to that list too please -- so many awesome flowers in there heart
Sandokiri
Bluecandescent
This can't be permanent
Why are they doing this? They've been sodomizing us so badly for the past year with this crap that I just can't trust them to do anything good for the site.

That staff update said the generators were gone "for the time being." You know they're coming back. There's probably a glitch with how the generators are working, not that they were glitched out of the store. So they removed them all and once the glitch is fixed they're going right back in to wreak their havoc.

minghii

Make the flying piggy an 'I Am' item. I would love an I Am item... That I can AFFORD... I want a Scorchwood Dragon or a Pixie Kitten... Inflation needs to go down so I can get my paws on those...

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Sandokiri
Bluecandescent
This can't be permanent

minghii

I believe this song expresses my opinions on this matter you guys have done:

emotion_kirakira

Angelic Star

8,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Cresceres
Singing-Ariel
Cresceres
Singing-Ariel
Can I ask why everyone dislikes the Gold generators? I think someone mentioned it adds to the inflation of prices, but I would like to know more.

The only gold generators I invested in were the piggy smash 10 pack ones, because that helped me make way more gold and I can finally afford some of the stuff on here. But I only bought GC for that once....all the other GC I have is from those daily videos and doing surveys when I have time.

So anyways, I guess I'm just curious as to why everyone seems to hate them.

Gold generators adds gold that was not there before. When lots of people buy gold generators, they tend to also purchase items all at once, causing inflation. You bought a gg, all these other people did too, and you're all interested in the same item. Now everybody buys that item, causing a raise in the price until the last one at the bottom is at 1b. You buy more gg to cover that 1b, rinse and repeat. Inflation maximum.

By the way, you can make more gold by buying an LQI or other item and selling it on the marketplace then you ever would in a gold generator, and it sinks the gold through the 3% tax. Gold is not added to the market, it's just shifting hands.

Hmmm I see. That does make sense now that I see it explained. I do sell a lot of items on the marketplace and it has helped, but for someone who doesn't want to spend real money on Gaia, other options for getting a lot of gold is hard to come by. You can only do so many runs on Zomg, sell so many items, etc. Any suggestions on what to do instead? I agree that this inflation is ridiculous and I would like to help out.

Unfortunately, playing the marketplace is the best you can do. My suggestion, however, is to utilize the GoFusion feature that was recently introduced. You can collect charms from Daily Chance and often make the very items that are being sold in the Cash Shop. 3nodding

Good idea, thank you :3 I guess we shall see what Gaia decides to do! If they do bring them back, maybe it should only be very rarely and just one, not a whole bunch a time.

Mega Mage

Loner Yanagi
I probably also would be more inclined to spend money on GC if the GG's were gone for good... x__X The staff update doesn't really make it seem that way though...

Me too. A few years ago I had no problem dropping money down each month for an evolving item and the MC. Since the gold generators hit, I haven't spent a dime. If they do get rid of them, I thing spending will become more level again, and collectable items will be a source of wealth once again.

Friendly Dreamer

Slick Southpaw

who knows, if the sales increase from deliberate lack of GG, it could be permanent.

It's a better way for people to make gold in the first place. I mean why buy a GG and get 40m when you can buy an item and sell it for 30b+?
Loner Yanagi
Slick Southpaw

who knows, if the sales increase from deliberate lack of GG, it could be permanent.

It's a better way for people to make gold in the first place. I mean why buy a GG and get 40m when you can buy an item and sell it for 30b+?
Exactly. More of a focus towards items and the eventual lack of GG's will lead to nothing but good for the gaians, economy and actually, the company itself. Being someone in business, this makes the possibility of making every other item a tiny bit more expensive and honestly, I don't think anyone would mind now. I know I wouldn't.

Friendly Dreamer

twiggimmapiggus

Me too. A few years ago I had no problem dropping money down each month for an evolving item and the MC. Since the gold generators hit, I haven't spent a dime. If they do get rid of them, I thing spending will become more level again, and collectable items will be a source of wealth once again.

I agree with you completely. I mean the sealed letters are not as big of a deal as they use to be because items are constantly coming out. If they were to ensure that they would not re release the items ever it would be one thing, but as is they are no different from a chance item.

Friendly Dreamer

Internet Hero 56K
Exactly. More of a focus towards items and the eventual lack of GG's will lead to nothing but good for the gaians, economy and actually, the company itself. Being someone in business, this makes the possibility of making every other item a tiny bit more expensive and honestly, I don't think anyone would mind now. I know I wouldn't.

Yeah I'd even be fine with that, but I don't think it would be necessary to raise the prices. A happy community is one that will support the site. They just have to work towards regaining people's trust.

I think it would be nice if they would start doing promotions for movies and games like they use to. This way they'd have income from large corporations coming in and wouldn't have to rely on us so much.
Loner Yanagi
Internet Hero 56K

Yeah I'd even be fine with that, but I don't think it would be necessary to raise the prices. A happy community is one that will support the site. They just have to work towards regaining people's trust.

I think it would be nice if they would start doing promotions for movies and games like that use to. This way they'd have income from large corporations coming in and wouldn't have to rely on us so much.
I bet that happens again, honestly. This site is perfect for a lot of advertisers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff