Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hoarding Hoarder

Bleh, I was under the assumption that the majority of the vampire fandom died a couple years ago when every movie/show/book became related to it and it was the cool thing to hate it, like last year with zombies and werewolves.
I usually tend to ignore those fads and just join whatever team I like or whichever one I find more villainous.

Trapper

Get over it.

I picked the vampire side because I don't like Don Kuro. Stop being so narrow-minded.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Psssshhh... These arent vampires. talk2hand

Now this.... This is a vampire. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I hope Im wrong and when the event starts the teams are more even then one sided. I plan on having fun regardless. whee

Durem Citizen

12,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Champion 300
A lot of people keep saying Don Kuro needs a good spanking. What looks like mistreating the vampires, really is business. Don't like business, quit. Yes, Zhivago has that deal with the glove, it's his own fault, not the Don, for accepting that anyway. If the vampires don't like the business, why sign contracts and deals with the Elf. It's their own deeds putting them in this position. If they have such trouble with what's going on, they should stop their contracts and cut ties. CLearly the vampires suck at business, or are gluttons for punishment.

As for the vampires. They still hunt in the night killing innocent people. Most of them anyway. Yeah they're vampires and they need blood, but at the expense of so many lives of humans and maybe the other races. Perhaps even Dark Elves have been drained for a vampire's meal.

This to me doesn't seem like the vampires wanting to help anyone. It seems like the vampires are hurting (THeir egos anyway) so they blame someone else, not them selves. Perhaps reputations sake. ALso perhaps stemming from the long line of heated blood between the two races. Kuro's are the only ones to ,fight against them, keep them in line from taking over and perhaps stopping them from killing more innocent Gaians for their meals.

Yes the Don's methods are extreme, but the Elves are tired of living in the shadows, if the way for the elves to see light again, and be something influential in the world, perhaps extreme is what needs to be done. I for one, will support the Don. As for vampires, they should drop their egos and learn to deal differently in business.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I sided with the vampires out of species solidarity because my avatar is one. However if I was still on my old non-vampire account, I'd still side with the vampires because I don't like Don Kuro and am not okay with him blowing up Edmund's shop and not okay with him trying to kill off other NPCs. I don't condone or support criminal behavior, even if it is fictional criminal behavior with fictional criminals and fictional victims.

It's funny that people whine that elves are going to loose on the basis that vampires are popular and overrated when the elves and their supporters... [who clearly either don't follow plots or don't care about what should be considered illegal/criminal behavior]... blatantly outnumber the vampires and their supporters.

User ImageIs the GCD really so absentminded that it already forgot that the vampire skin has never been popular. It has been hated by this forum specifically for a long time now due to its numerous flaws -- bad layering with eye items [which got fixed], bad layering with mouth items, no eyes if using item skins, rampaging green goo, females look anorexic, others -- while other people just consider it ugly. How ugly? The few times that someone makes an ugly skin thread in this forum, the vampire skin always wins hands down.

I am hoping though that this event does mean that Gaia is going to introduce a new vampire skin.... maybe not to the same extent as Countess Ambrosia.... but something that fixes the flaws of the current skin plus gives users the option of actually having a skin complexion, you know like the NPCs.

Maybe there will be a hybrid vampire dark elf skin. When has Halloween ever NOT introduce a new skin in some fashion?

Beloved Sex Symbol

I dunno i think killing someone and draining them over their blood seems like "criminal behavior" to me... rolleyes

Heroic Mage

I picked the Vampires because Don Kuro's completely insane.

Since we don't know what the event will be like, there's a chance that popularity will have nothing to do with it.

Hell, in the past, having large numbers has actually hurt groups before.

Yes, vampires are a little overused and cliche...but so are elves of all kinds. Just because it's cliche doesn't mean it can't be done well, either. (Someone needs a little Christopher Moore in their life.)

As for vampire food...isn't Louie the spokesperson for a vegan blood substitute? If they're behind him, they very well could be using that, instead.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Diet Poison
I picked the Vampires because Don Kuro's completely insane.

Since we don't know what the event will be like, there's a chance that popularity will have nothing to do with it.

Hell, in the past, having large numbers has actually hurt groups before.

Yes, vampires are a little overused and cliche...but so are elves of all kinds. Just because it's cliche doesn't mean it can't be done well, either. (Someone needs a little Christopher Moore in their life.)

As for vampire food...isn't Louie the spokesperson for a vegan blood substitute? If they're behind him, they very well could be using that, instead.

I think people start to lose me when they start to speak of vegan blood substitute vampires. Cuz then there not vampires at all.

I think the count might be a vegan vampire. He should be the only one.

Heroic Mage

Toby Vespa
I think people start to lose when the speak of vegan blood substitute vampires. Cuz then there not vampires at all.

They still are vampires, whether you like it or not, just a different version.

Besides, if vampires are in a big enough group...much like people, some would logically choose not to kill people/drink human blood.

Blessed Soldier

14,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I'd like to think those on the GCD are intelligent enough to choose a side with a reasoning other than, "OMG VAMPIRES ARE HAWT", but sadly, and perhaps true, a lot of the other members chose the vampire side due to that...probably due to Twilight, I dunno though, I'm old. confused

Gracious Lunatic

well like the richest family in Gaia consists of Vampires, and their family is huge so what did you expect?
Dinosaurs?

Salty Codger

Your Blushing Paladin
Wow, immature much?

Not really. I've read the books (all of them) and have realized that there is something fundamentally wrong with Bella and Edward's relationship. It is based more on obsession and need than any mature feeling for one another. He compulsively feels it's necessary to protect her, and she feels it's her duty to allow him to save her over and over. He enables her sense of helplessness rather than give her the opportunity to learn to protect and look after herself. Essentially, he deepens her already needy attachment to him by turning himself into her savior.

As for the abusive part, well... He does kind of keep fighting the desire to kill her. He won't allow her to be alone. He stalks her. And his enabling ties her self esteem to his approval.

All in all, no literary text has any one interpretation. This is just mine.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

Why are you complaining about it? rofl If anything, I'd be thrilled that my team wasn't swarmed with people who are just joining the "kewl popular" side. Why? Less dead weight during the event. Look at what happened to Durem over the summer: swarmed with people that wanted to be on the "winning side" --> couldn't support all the dead weight accounts and got 4th place.

But anyway, as you can see by a bunch of posts here, not everyone is picking the vampire side just cause "vampires r kewl and da smex." I picked vampires because 1) I was a vampire during the 2008 event so there's the loyalty aspect and 2) not a fan of Don Kuro's agenda, especially the destruction of H&R Wesley.

But anyway, I don't see where you're getting this popularity contest thing from unless you're looking at other forums. From what I've seen in GCD so far, it seems like a pretty good mix of both sides. I'm sure there will be some more sway as the manga continues to be released and the event eventually starts.

Liberal Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Pumpkinfrost
So what?

Ditto.

Time-traveling Senshi

Ananemain
Chibi Halo

Agreed.

I sided with the vampires based on the plot, not because they're vampires. I don't agree with this whole "bomb everything" attitude. Besides, I feel like it's safer being on Edmund's side. Less death... (Though I have this strange feeling that this upcoming manga is going to put everything into perspective and make us realize we should have gone with the elves after all. Like that Luca is only doing it for the memory of his mother or something. Ugh.)

Though I will be supporting the elves on one of my mules. Because that's just how I roll.

Anything to keep Edmund, Gino, Overseer, Sen, and Lady Hands (GOSH) in one piece along with making certain the Von Helson brothers aren't turned into the next dogs on a short leash like Zhivago. Anything that keeps the status quo going in Gaia, and especially Barton, for another year is number one with me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff