Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I joined in 08 on this account. No idea when I got my first mil.
Probably like a bit less than a year later.

I felt like hot s**t when I got my 6,666,666 screenshot though. Hot damn.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

azphyxxxiate's Girlfriend

Spoopy Bat

I joined in 07, but wasn't active until 08. I started donating and then Fortune Egg came along, I won a 1m Mythrill Coin and through a series of fortunate buying decisions I was able to gradually increase that number. Mind you, I wouldn't suggest new users go out and buy a RIG expecting to win big though; the early RIGs had much more reasonable chances.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I joined in '06. I've never been "rich", in fact, I've never had more than 500k gold at any one time until I was able to make a profit from making and selling Philosopher's Caches, which is a pretty recent thing. But through working, I was able to get many of the items I wanted anyway, so it never mattered that I didn't have millions of gold.

Devout Gaian

I learned how to vend, the buy low sell high kind, and gradually developed from 200k to a few millions. It took me around 1 year. Although I've been relaxing more now, education is more important.

For new players, I would just suggest zOMG because it's fun and making friends are easy.

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
When I first started using cash.

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
Maybe 2 years? When I joined a million gold was a ridiculous amount.

Quotable Prophet

i joined in '05 and was pretty broke all until a friend of mine, whom i introduced to gaia earlier, decided to quit in '07.
he gave me most of his expensive items (dtail, horns, ninja headband, kitsune mask, etc..) and that's how i became "rich".

he spent hours trying to convince me to actually take his items, i remember.
i didn't want to take them because i kind of hoped he would come back!
he hasn't, and four years later i sold the items i didn't much like (ninja headband, kitsune mask, some MCs) and started vending. now i have plenty of millions of pure sitting on my account that i can consider myself rich.

and it's still not enough.
gonk

Posessed Pup

I don't remember making my first Million. I used to consider myself as a penniless hobo, could never make enough gold to buy the store items so I bought a few Donation items here and there. 8 years later and I'm now considered loaded. eek

So I made my "Riches" through the slow passage of time.

Backwoods Survivor

hilarious_icecream
when you guys first joined gaia, you were pretty much broke>_>.... how long did it take you to be 'rich'? or reach at least 1 mil in gaia?
(I joined gaia approx 5 years ago)
Yeah, I'd like a million...this is not easy if every time you buy something you like. You'll never hit a million. Just got to hoard away money I guess. sweatdrop

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Joined in '04, only got my first mil years and years later, sometime around... '10? Back when I made good dosh from RIG bundles (and I still do).

Golden Gawker

>>>: I've been on gaia for 8 years now and never had 1 mil in pure gold.
Closest I've ever been was like 800k. Though I have items worth more than 1m so..

CommonCuts's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

My first mil was a good 3 or 4 years after I joined.
It definitely took me awhile to build my account up to where I am today.
It's difficult at first but earning gold does get easier!

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I am still pretty much broke.

but I have quested for a 2 mil item once--this year, actually... and I've been here since 2005. It is the only time I've had more than 500k at a time. :3

Now I have 22k.

But I am rich in items. I have a lot of them that I've collected over the years.

Obsessive Werewolf

Gcash.
It took me about 4 months to convince myself to buy it, but when I did I made 3mil in a day. It was back when RIG bundles went for 1mil a pop. Man, I thought I was spazzy. 3mil now is like pocket change cat_gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff