Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Bear with me, I actually have a point xd

IN THE BEGINNING, well for me at any rate, when I came in to join up with Zurg in their Xmas Gift Giving (cos cows are delicious not good holiday meat suits), there were few items available that enhanced cleavage. Didn't stop people from trying, of course.

Vampire skins came along; and progress was somewhat made. And don't forget the Changeling skins, with proving that you can have big tits, curves, and not have to alter the clothing. Wingdings made hilarious poking at showing that yes, boobs and booty were certainly possible to ridiculous proportions on pixel dolls

User Image

picture may or may not be related to the point I am trying to make

Alruna made waves with sexiness and Gaia hasn't stopped bouncing off all sorts of ways to create chesticles. Well, for lady bases (minus boob chesplate and MASSIVE MANLY CLEAVAGE in Shadowlegend that work on male bases).

Now there are so many more releases than ever before. Yet, like I stated here about crotches, dudes are severely lacking in that department. Comparatively, this makes my Ken dolls look like he had a strap on under his boxers. Well before I stopped receiving them as gifts due to my Barbie doll decapitation skills as a child.

What is it about Gaians, Gaian artists, and boobs?
User Image
regardless of obeying the laws of nature and physics

While I cannot deny that boobs are amazing things, I really like it when baby got back to balance it out. Yet there's just boobs so many boobs everywhere with items, mainly, at least in my opinion, making a lot of the top heavy ladies look like they qualify for Sameface Syndrome.

Honestly, when I see things like*:

Quote:
this is a pixel doll site. Of course it's for girls

Quote:
there's more girls here so obviously there would be more feminine items

Quote:
feminine items sell because of the large amount of ladies on this site. Basic business

*these are common sentiments I see especially when complaining about the amount of femme items being sold, not directed at any particular users

It makes me wonder why the mantra "sex sells" is oft repeated as well. I mean, who is Gaia's audience when putting out this stuff? Heterosexual men? Lesbians with specific tastes? Transgender with a specific look/desire? Cross dressing? Do a lot of ladies like looking sexy in that manner? I don't know.

And if we're going to go into shallowness/superficial concepts in marketing, why aren't more Chippendale-esque things being marketed? There's been a lot of vocal support for male gay relationships, canon or not with NPC shipping. And I guess yaoi is a popular fandom genre regardless of orientation & presentation so why isn't this reflected more often in Gaia's marketing strategy?

User Image
I'm still unsure why str8 ladies seem like gay men so much.

User Image

gaia_spoons Why is there such a marketing ploy for pixel breasts?

gaia_spoons Who is Gaia's audience for marketing breast enhancements?

gaia_spoons Do you like pixel cleavage or seeing it on other people's avatars? Does it make you uncomfortable?

gaia_spoons If you like pixel cleavage, why? If you don't like it, why?

gaia_spoons Would you like to see more pixel hunks? Or do you just like seeing sexy ladies?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Would you like to see more pixel hunks? Or do you just like seeing sexy ladies?

-Moar pixel hunks pweaze...there's only so much that I can do to my rl hubby that does not involve surgery. rofl

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

August Star Of Heaven
Would you like to see more pixel hunks? Or do you just like seeing sexy ladies?

-Moar pixel hunks pweaze...there's only so much that I can do to my rl hubby that does not involve surgery. rofl

xd

Part of me wonders why there hasn't been a real Gaian equivalent to the sexy firefighter calendars, y'know?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
I'm all for the sexualization of the male figure. If we're not going to stop objectifying and oversexualizing women maybe we should sexualize men a bit more so it's more balanced.

Either way, more pixel bulges pls emotion_dowant

Lunatic

I agree. Don't get me wrong I love having big bazooms on my avi, but it would be fair for guys if the artists would balance this sexual appearence in the avatars. xD I would like to see some ding dongs down there~

I've always hated how people reference this site like you have on the quotes. ''Only for girls blabla'' bullshit. There are plenty of guys that is just an excuse...

Shirtless Raider

10,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Really one of to be the main reasons you are likely going to see more pixel boobs than bulges for guys packages is because showing off boobs seems to be more acceptable. Even on television topless images of women are much more likely to be seen, than men with it all hanging out.

I wouldn't be against seeing some david bowie labyrinth sized pixel bulges. Just not sure when/if gaia is going to be up for making them. Revealing the female body is just more socially acceptable it seems.

* s o n i c s *

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

A long time ago there used to be almost no breast enhancing items. Now they're bloody a dime a dozen. There's just so many that they're just starting to blur together. Sort of like the whole thing with Backwings. Just boobie overload. @_@

It might be marketing. (As much as I don't want to admit it)
Simply tacking on a "BOOBIES" pose onto a relatively normal item makes it worth just so much more which is just a waste of a potential pose space to me. I mean hey, it's fantastic now we have so many buxom items now letting the girls have more "diversity" in their body types...but we gotta draw the line when too much is too much. Plus there is nearly not enough items that enhances the backside of things. Like Dandy, I'm a slave to da booty dramallama

...And the day Gaia puts out a bulge enhancing item, I'll make a video of the manliest users singing this song.

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

You know what I'm going to say. I could use less sex appeal on here for female avatars. I want to be able to make more warrior type females without having to resort to male items. Sure, we have a few, but it's skimpy armor with bewbage. I don't want that,at all.

Othello Phion's Husband

Magical Lover

Boobs, boobs everywhere. Sure we like em but how many of the same chest mods do we need? At this point I feel they should start making more customization items. [example: mouths, bangs and summer cuts..] I feel like the options are so much more with those than just seeing the same thing rehashed and beaten to death.

On a side note: Someone needs to win a ticket and just make an item/pose(s) for it. If gaia won't... we will. emotion_dowant

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I tend to like dressing in male items so I'm all for adding more of them.

It would also give me an excuse to dress my male mule in something other than a dress.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Boobs are fantastic, but I am getting a little bored of the abundance of items with them. I mean I use a male base so there aren't many breast enhancements that affect me, but there are lots of items with gaping chest spaces now that don't make much sense on my man chest. Anyway, I'd be all for male enhancements on Gaia. Muscles and codpieces for everyone!

Werewolf

I think you already know how I feel about the potential of enhanced pixel crotches. (For those who have just joined us on this quest: HI. MY NAME IS STEREK AND I LIKE BULGES.) I want to believe that the manscaper items are a tiny step in the right direction and that they're considering more of those elusive items we've been asking for, but I suppose we'll have to wait a month or two before we can tell.

I think the reason for the ~estrogen predominance~ of items and avatars is a question of both demographics and habits. The majority of the userbase is female, yes, but even if you look at any MMO game, you'll find that most female players pick female characters, and a good amount of male players also pick female characters. (Hell, you could even extend that to say that a significant amount of straight cis men enjoy crossdressing, while the opposite--women roleplaying as men or just dressing the part--is not as common, because the taboo associated with gender-bending is almost exclusively reserved to men and, consequently, they're more likely to want to explore it just for kicks.) So, basically, a good amount of people want to have enhanced boobs, and a good amount of people want to see enhanced boobs, and the rest probably doesn't represent an amount significant enough to generate the profits Gaia is hoping for--at least not in comparison. And that's the part where we need to prove them wrong, by suggesting masculine/manly items and actually purchasing them when they're released.

As for the cleavage on avatars, I'm cool with it. I don't think it's particularly well done in most cases, but it totally makes certain top items "fit" better, and it does change the avatars' silhouettes a bit.

Questionable Warlord

More options for pixel hunks o/! Why? Because I like to play Demon Lord and they need to look dangerous/rough in order to strike fear into their foes. Flappy arms won't do.

And I like seeing more detail boobs on the female avatars because it's easier to request nice art with such references and it makes them look less like 12 year old girls. It's just a matter of aesthetic. I also feel like the website started to grow with us and the artists realized that their user base doesn't consist of young teenagers anymore, that they have to appeal to their paying customers in a different way.

Golden Gawker

>>>: Honestly, even though I'm bisexual and love boobies,
all I can think when I see them huge pixel boobs without proper
support all round and perky is FAKE or OUCH NO BRA, BACK PAIN!
And that's what I would think if I saw a male avatar with a big bulge
on his crotch, too. Then again I have no experience about having a
p***s because I'm a girl, but I can't imagine it would be comfortable
with huge junk down there. Correct me if I'm wrong guys xD
So while it doesn't bother me I can't help but think how incredibly
painful/uncomfortable it would be to have that in real life lol

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
۞PALADIN۞

※※※※※※※※※※

I honestly find massive cleavage on avatars to be cheap. It's like Gaia can't be bothered to make a decent top which people want because it's well made. They just tack cleavage on an otherwise boring and ill-made item and somehow that's supposed to make it sell. I have nothing against people who use them; I just wish there were more unisex tops.

※※※※※※※※※※

۞✧✧✧✧✧۞

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas