Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Bookworm

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
[ Kitsune Chan ]
Cresceres
No, because this is a stable gold generation available to ALL users. Before GGs were only available to cash users.

...so instead of trying to get prices back down to remotely resembling what they were before the gold-generators broke the economy, Gaia's increasing the lowest available gold gain to make the current rate of inflation the standard?

Sounds like Zimbabwe stare

Also keep in mind that if you miss logging in for a day, you def won't be so lucky.

Shy Lovergirl

[ Kitsune Chan ]
Cresceres
No, because this is a stable gold generation available to ALL users. Before GGs were only available to cash users.

...so instead of trying to get prices back down to remotely resembling what they were before the gold-generators broke the economy, Gaia's increasing the lowest available gold gain to make the current rate of inflation the standard?

You can't go back anymore. It's out of control.

Wheezing Member

[ Kitsune Chan ]

Hue.
also

/sob

Cresceres

you can't fix the issue of too much gold by pumping out more gold.
since this gold is available to all users, that means it's also available to the cash users.
it's going to raise the lowest prices.. as well as the highest prices.
really not much will change except D*C will be vendor trash and there will be more 0's in the MP.
confused

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I got 3 hearts and almost 500m

Magical Bunny

Torse
Cresceres

you can't fix the issue of too much gold by pumping out more gold.
since this gold is available to all users, that means it's also available to the cash users.
it's going to raise the lowest prices.. as well as the highest prices.
really not much will change except D*C will be vendor trash and there will be more 0's in the MP.
confused

That's true. But I think the increased gold in Daily Chance will deter a majority of GC users in terms of GG. I know that if I were to make the same amount of gold just clicking a few things for free as spending $5 on GG, I'd go for the free method. Unless I was doing surveys and watching videos for the GC and spending it on GG, I guess?

Personally, I think a majority of spenders on GG are new users who don't know the damage they're causing to the market. Once new users are able to get a foot in the door without resulting to GG and realizing they get more bang for their buck buying items through the CS and selling them on the MP, we'll see an improvement.

But I'm also optimistic as ********, so don't mind me.

Wheezing Member

Cresceres

That's true. But I think the increased gold in Daily Chance will deter a majority of GC users in terms of GG. I know that if I were to make the same amount of gold just clicking a few things for free as spending $5 on GG, I'd go for the free method. Unless I was doing surveys and watching videos for the GC and spending it on GG, I guess?

Personally, I think a majority of spenders on GG are new users who don't know damage they're causing to the market. Once new users are able to get a foot in the door without resulting to GG and realizing they get more bang for their buck buying items through the CS and selling them on the MP, we'll see an improvement.

I can't really speak for those who purchase gold gens...
Though I think the DC update might deter a few of them I think a majority will still be attracted to the obnoxiously huge payouts and instant gratification.
That does make sense though. I guess we'll have to see how it all plays out over time.

as for users not knowing the damage they cause..
Have a look through this thread
I could only handle skimming through a few pages.
that was literally the turning point for me, where I used to be optimistic and a bit of an activist.. now I'm just preparing myself to sit in a cesspool for extended periods of time. v_v

The buyers, for the most part, do know what they are doing.
they just don't care.
the users themselves don't care. I just don't even..

BUT.
don't let me stop your optimism.
it's refreshing to see someone who's both cheery and completely aware of the issues~!
4laugh

Magical Bunny

Torse
Cresceres

Personally, I think a majority of spenders on GG are new users who don't know damage they're causing to the market. Once new users are able to get a foot in the door without resulting to GG and realizing they get more bang for their buck buying items through the CS and selling them on the MP, we'll see an improvement.

I can't really speak for those who purchase gold gens...
Though I think the DC update might deter a few of them I think a majority will still be attracted to the obnoxiously huge payouts and instant gratification.
That does make sense though. I guess we'll have to see how it all plays out over time.

as for users not knowing the damage they cause..
Have a look through this thread
I could only handle skimming through a few pages.
that was literally the turning point for me, where I used to be optimistic and a bit of an activist.. now I'm just preparing myself to sit in a cesspool for extended periods of time. v_v

The buyers, for the most part, do know what they are doing.
they just don't care.
the users themselves don't care. I just don't even..

BUT.
don't let me stop your optimism.
it's refreshing to see someone who's both cheery and completely aware of the issues~!
4laugh

An ominous tune started playing in my head the moment you linked me that thread and I started skimming. gonk

Sugary Cat

I thought Dernier Cri. I kept going to the store to check things emotion_facepalm Uuuugggh

Wheezing Member

Cresceres
An ominous tune started playing in my head the moment you linked me that thread and I started skimming. gonk

My playlist actually had just switched to dark/creepy cello music moments before I went to look up the link to that thread.

WEIRD.

Wheezing Member

MiameMiame
I thought Dernier Cri. I kept going to the store to check things emotion_facepalm Uuuugggh

That's dumb. You're dumb.

I did tooooooo Dx

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
MiameMiame

I nearly did; but then had to remind myself that Dernier Cri has been abandoned. User Image

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
But Gaia already stated they think the economy is healthy. lol When will people realize that Gaia is smart enough to know what they are doing and they probably want inflation to happen to boost their cash sales up? If they didn't they would have removed GGs a long time ago. Gaia does not want to fix inflation, they want to control it for their financial advantage. Like people thought a fraud scam was going to fix inflation. It didn't. The graph will continue to grow and sadly there isn't anything we can do about it.

If anything will result from this daily grant is more Gaians will probably be able to get some alchemy recipes and event stuff, that's it. Yes it will cause a little inflation, but how can you know that people will spend the gold on marketplace? You can't. If anything most of the gold will probably go into gold shops since that is the price range in which things are affordable. I don't touch marketplace myself anymore, so for me, higher gold payout means I can buy more gold shop items and be able to donate those items to the Welcome to Gaia forum.

Also funny fact about the GGs. For just 49 cents you can make an easy 1 billion gold just for selling a zOMG! powerup than you could from a fail result of a 99 cent GG: zOMG! Powerups For 99 cent power-up you could make an easy 2-3 Billion. GGs are like in the hundred million range now I think of average payout? So yes GGs are a major ripoff to use compared to other products when being used. I think people make more gold off the unopened ones than the opened ones usually.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff