Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Hoarder

Sounded to me like they were only selling them in 100 packs and keeping the prices cut. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Angelic Blob

I guess the Gold Generators will be the reverse of a Gaia Cash sale.

For Jonron's Compadre

Hopeless Trash

21,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
aramaa
INow that I think about it, there has been a lack of announcements/PMs about GC sales. eek But that might be because of the serious hate and bad feedback on the PMs. sweatdrop Honestly, it just sounds like they might be raising the prices of the GGs (or go back to their regular prices). I hope there's more info about it soon. surprised

Quote:
Hey Gaians! Just a friendly little reminder that the 80% off sale on Gold Grab Bag and Strawberry Fields ends soon! Remember, this sale is a result of future price changes coming soon to your favorite Gold Chance Items!
(x)

I figure that the reason GC related announcements suddenly seem so infrequent is only because the summer sale ended, so they can't justify 40+ announcements a day right now...

Handsome Man-Lover

Hope: discontinue goldgens forever.
Fear: just means they won't do 70% discounts on them anymore rolleyes

Pumpkin

well all the gold generator items are priced at 99gc individually
they're probably just going to bump the price up a bit
to like 149gc or 199gc
hopefully it'll curb the rate of inflation a little bit...

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
I don't know about newer changes but it really feels like the lower the odds on many of the recent ones

Dapper Noob

I'm just hoping against hope that "price change" doesn't equate to selling them for even cheaper, to lure more suckers in. I will punch a b***h, if that's what they're intending on doing.
If Gaia wants gold generators to remain profitable, they will continue their current pricing structure or decrease it.

As the devaluation of Gaia gold continues to increase, the price for selling it must be relative in order to entice users to continue buying.

Gold generators are likely the most cost-effective product Gaia has, as they're essentially users spending virtual currency - on another virtual currency.

If Gaia is arrogant enough to try experimenting with a price increase to nickle and dime those who do purchase GGs, that would likely benefit the average user as the rate of inflation would probably decrease.
biggrin

I just don't see that happening.
rolleyes
You know how gold gens are usually 60% off? Probably they'll just change the base price so we don't have to see a constant discount.

Or... they might just get rid of the 99c ones and have only those Plus bundle versions.

O.G. Codger

20,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
Bowie-Spawan
Hope: discontinue goldgens forever.
Fear: just means they won't do 70% discounts on them anymore rolleyes

I wholeheartedly agree with your hope, but I disagree with your fear. Ramp up the price on the gold gens, if Gaia must continue to sell them. It will mean less people buy them. I, at least, would like to see them sold less frequently (I mean, they roll out 2-3 a week!).

But I agree with some people on here. They will probably get rid of the discounts indefinitely (or perma reduce them; at least no more announcements if this happens). Or it will just be the change to buying singles and 100 packs.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I think a lack of discounts would be slightly more acceptable... I don't think they'll ever stop with the gold gens, but if they make it harder to get them, that's slightly encouraging.

Threads about GGs always make me wonder though-- if Gaia did trash GGs forever, I wonder how many complaints they'd get? I'd want to think there'd be site-wide celebration, but... Hmm.

Mega Noob

Hope that they stop having "sales" on gold gens, or they at least give a choice between gold and items.

If more items were introduced, and less gold, that would help us long-term. gonk

Charitable Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
Maybe theyre just going to let people straight out buy gold now....

Wheezing Member

Hopefully the change means removal of gold gens. emotion_awesome

..but they'll probably just reduce the chance of higher payouts. rolleyes

Sparkly Fairy

Eurydice Evyn
I hope they raise the prices so damn high on gold gens that people stop buying them by the shitload so their impact on the economy takes a hit RIGHT IN THE METAPHORICAL TAINT.
A girl's allowed to dream, I suppose.

which means they'll probably lower them in hopes people buy buy buy buy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff