Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Fairy

15,550 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Just realized it today when looking through the past Gaia blogs. Did anyone else not get the announcement? D:< Kinda upset with myself since I missed out on the other days. *sighs*

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Guilds do things?
For some reason I thought they were going to do a dev alert ^^; that was my bad... but a blog notice is great for those who follow up on it :3
I suppose it's another community event like how Spirit Week is every year

It's still not too late to drop by the events and such
I'm sure everyone would be glad to see some new faces in their thread

Tipsy Fairy

15,550 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Volkov Seraphim
Guilds do things?

Here's a link to the announcement.

Edit: stupid link works now lol

OG Member

Didn't notice.

Off topic: Your name is delish. emotion_drool

Time-traveling Senshi

Gee if they wanted to blur the lines between the guilds and community they could have done a better job getting the word out. I run a guild and I'm on the crew of two others and I feel like if you're not a member of their GGN based guild you're not worth their time. They're a very self centered guild that claims to represent the interests of every guild owner out there but at times they don't. This kind of smells of "We're not as bad as people make us out to be so please shower us with your love" for one guild and one guild alone.

Tipsy Fairy

15,550 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
Chibi Halo
          Gee if they wanted to blur the lines between the guilds and community they could have done a better job getting the word out. I run a guild and I'm on the crew of two others and I feel like if you're not a member of their GGN based guild you're not worth their time. They're a very self centered guild that claims to represent the interests of every guild owner out there but at times they don't. This kind of smells of "We're not as bad as people make us out to be so please shower us with your love" for one guild and one guild alone.

Eh? This is the first time I've even heard of them. What things have the GGN done in the past to make you feel this way? I just thought it was a cool user run Gaia thing going on.

Time-traveling Senshi

Hnnng-san
Chibi Halo

Eh? This is the first time I've even heard of them. What things have the GGN done in the past to make you feel this way? I just thought it was a cool user run Gaia thing going on.

I'm not sure how things are run now but for a while anytime anything was brought up in SF regarding guilds one of their more prominent members would always go on and on about how they spent weeks in conversation with one of the developers for a spring cleaning proposal just to have the developer go back on their word and screw up how the proposal was supposed to be done. They kept going on and on about how they were cheated out of getting the updates every guild captain wanted when, as a guild captain, I never asked them to speak on my behalf when I'm not even a member of the guild. The martyr attitude some had two years back left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouths.

Some of their members just really didn't do a good job of putting forth a good representation of the guild and what their objectives really were. They wonder why there's a disconnect between guilds and the rest of the community it's because of how they represented themselves to the public forums. They made guild captains look pretty whiny and demanding of the developers from my perspective.

Angelic Blob

Hnnng-san
Volkov Seraphim
Guilds do things?

Here's a link to the announcement.

Edit: stupid link works now lol

You doubled the URL

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Hm. Idk, guilds are so meh >_<

Saint

Barely noticed it. I haven't paid attention to the blog notices for a long time.

I don't like what I see in the linked guild anyway. Too much developer a**-kissing, too pretentious, and they try to speak for everyone when hardly anyone ever heard of them. For instance, here's a choice piece ripped right off their front page:

(Bolded bullshit speaks for itself)
Quote:
Guild Culture
Guild software isn't the real problem - it's guild culture that's killing us. Even if we were to get all the features ever requested it won't actually help the real problem of too many lazy guilds with uncommitted members.

• We need to get our acts together before we can expect to be given anything by the developers
  • We need to work together and help ourselves rather than expecting someone else to help us
  • We need to improve our attitudes and get along with each other, forum members, and developers rather than being elitist recluses
  • We need to get active, involved, and most importantly dedicated rather than moving from one failed guild to start another doomed one
  • We need to give back to the community rather than close ourselves off from it

For so much 'pride' they have about guilds, they sure make a lot of negative assumptions. They're blaming guilds being lazy/uncommitted (to what?), elitist (against who?), not dedicated, and in dire need of an attitude adjustment (why?), even though the most often given reason for why nobody joins guilds is because it's so outdated compared to forums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff