Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
every gen has a different set of items? this is new to me. all other evolving items I've seen have all had the same exact items (which is why varying MP prices confuse me. as an example, gen 3 has the same items as gen 9, yet gen 3 is 3 billion more than gen 9). it just doesn't seem right to me. someone goes and buys the item when it's brand new. they see an announcement that the item has evolved, and they go to check out their item only to find that the items aren't there...but they are in the gen 2 that's now available for purchase. and then this continues for every evolution after that. how is that fair?

Queen Majo's Wife

Combative Gaian

Well...this is how an evolving item works: with every evolution a new set of poses is revealed and replaces the old. A new gen is released, a step beyond the previous. When the item is done evolving, the first gen get all the other poses + the finale unlocked, and becomes a finished item. You have to wait for the other gens to complete the evolving before they get all the other poses. That's why a first gen is much more expensive.

A lot of older items, which are done evolving a long time ago, have the exact same amount of poses, since the older generations "catched up". The prices vary because of reasons, but the first gen always get an "special treatment" from the users.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
This is how original evolving items worked, I believe. I'm so used to REIs now that I can't remember very well, but I'm pretty sure they were all like that. Once the item has finished evolving completely, then all the poses become available.

Valiant Jackling

Knight of Britannia
This is how original evolving items worked, I believe. I'm so used to REIs now that I can't remember very well, but I'm pretty sure they were all like that. Once the item has finished evolving completely, then all the poses become available.

It is. REIs became popular because of a much faster evolutionary rate and a kind of "instant gratification". Buyers didn't have to wait until the very end to get back the poses they liked, they were available no matter what part of the evolutionary process they were in.

A regular EI's require patience. As it evolves it loses what it once had and gains new poses. Once the item is finished evolving all of it's previous poses become available. Each EI also undergos the same rate of evolution. So if an EI takes 12 months to evolve, no matter what generation you have, it will take 12 months (so, if an item evolves once a month, the 9th generation would finished 9 months after the first since it was released 9 months after it).

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
Erailea
Knight of Britannia

It is. REIs became popular because of a much faster evolutionary rate and a kind of "instant gratification". Buyers didn't have to wait until the very end to get back the poses they liked, they were available no matter what party of the evolutionary process they were in.

A regular EI's require patience. As it evolves it loses what it once had and gains new poses. Once the item is finished evolving all of it's previous poses become available. Each EI also undergos the same rate of evolution. So if an EI takes 12 months to evolve, no matter what generation you have, it will take 12 months (so, if an item evolves once a month, the 9th generation would finished 9 months after the first since it was released until 9 months after it).

Great, that's how I remembered it then. I didn't actually start buying cash regularly until after REIs started becoming more popular, so I'd nearly forgotten what a long process it really was. I don't think I ever owned an EI from start to finish!

Creeper Bunny

Yep, you just gotta wait for your gen to finish. It's all good.
If you wanna check out all the poses, just Inventory Search Gaia and try all the gens.

Personally, I miss this type of EI. I find the waiting game and making new outfits with the couple of different poses each gen fun.
Also, longer stories (I had a nice time seeing Gimpi grow up and out of his childhood illness)

-PokEdsie-'s Senpai

Pierced Protagonist

Most of the Evolving Items these days are "REI"s aka "Rapid Evolving Items", which means
          they evolve at a faster pace and all items that become available from each evolution stay available.

Older Evolving Items - ex being the original Zodiacal, Gogh Reed, Fremere's Guard, and others-
          evolve only once every few weeks, or once a month. They get twice the amount of evolutions as
          the REI's, and while they are evolving, only some of the items are available each time. { First Gen,
          would have only the newest evolution, 2nd gen would have the evolution just before that, and so on. }
          Once an item has evolved fully, all the previous poses become available.

Since Zodiacal Equinox is a recolor, it follows the same rules with evolving as the original.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Ya'll so spoiled with this REIs these days.

Back when I was younger we waited a year for Case of Pietro to evolve one stage. A. WHOLE. YEAR. emotion_donotwant

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
OH! I see what you mean. now it all makes sense. (so I really didn't need to remove the one I had on my wishlist with the gen that currently has items I like *facepalm*)

I took a long break between 2006 and 2010, and then a short one between 2010 and 2012, so I forgot about the long evolving time and became use to the short evolving time. but I remember it now. I kinda like the the pattern of the REIs because I can become impatient. bad habit. that's why I like it when I find these EIs AFTER they're done. that way I have everything at my disposal. then again, getting new poses is like getting presents.

thanks SO much for all your help!!!

heart heart heart heart heart

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Madam Ace

Back when I was younger we waited a year for Case of Pietro to evolve one stage. A. WHOLE. YEAR. emotion_donotwant

We're not suppose to speak of this!

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

RandomKate
Madam Ace

NEVER. FORGET. emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
Madam Ace

lol not going to deny it! I'm totally spoiled! It's just been so long!

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Knight of Britannia
Madam Ace

lol not going to deny it! I'm totally spoiled! It's just been so long!

THE ONE EI THAT HAD A BIRTHDAY AND IT STILL DIDN'T FINISH YET. emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

Anxious Garbage

Madam Ace
RandomKate
Madam Ace

Didn't the whole EI take a little over two years to complete?

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

IDS Wheatley
Madam Ace
RandomKate
Madam Ace

Didn't the whole EI take a little over two years to complete?

YES. emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant

AND THUS THE SHIFT TO REIs BEGAN.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas