Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Explorer

-with all the family and specie-st and vampire elven war/ mixed bloodline Drama that's been done before, with the gambinos and Von Helsons; and I hate how you seemingly randomly decided to make Cordell half vampire, and Zhivago to have an interest in her, like some kind of bad fanfiction; when Cordell always appeared to me like she was a character who never showed interest in looking for a man to court her, and settle down with- and because few women - other than Moira- have had; and come out of a relationship in the plot without having been turned into a giant oozing, lovesick p***y who loses all sense of coolness and badassery...look at what you did to the Von Helson Sisters, who are still chasing Liam and drooling over him like bitches in heat. I really hope you decide to rehash Moira's storyline for Cordell, eventually, and have her take "the cure" to rid herself of her vampire half, and ditch Zhivago.

Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Firstly, yes they are sort of re-hashing the plot but we don’t know who the vampire and elf who had a relationship were yet. we don’t know if it is cordell and Zhivago or some other vampire and elf.

So don’t make accusations until the plot is revealed further and they tell us who they were and see where they go with this.

Distinct Explorer

Tsuki_Kirkland
Firstly, yes they are sort of re-hashing the plot but we don’t know who the vampire and elf who had a relationship were yet. we don’t know if it is cordell and Zhivago or some other vampire and elf.

So don’t make accusations until the plot is revealed further and they tell us who they were and see where they go with this.
sorry. i'm just tired of vampires taking over Gaia, so I was real exasperated after finding out they just decided, seemingly out of the blue, to have Cordell part vampire, when up until this new chapter, everyone thought she was a full blooded dark elf. And regardless of who the mystery vamp daddy is who birthed her or whoever made her half vampire by turning her or whatever, fact is, she's now still part vampire, as if we don't have enough vampire favoritism in nearly every plot and events...

Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Fractale
Tsuki_Kirkland

sorry. i'm just tired of vampires taking over Gaia, so I was real exasperated after finding out they just decided, seemingly out of the blue, to have Cordell part vampire, when up until this new chapter, everyone thought she was a full blooded dark elf. And regardless of who the mystery vamp daddy is who birthed her or whoever made her half vampire by turning her or whatever, fact is, she's now still part vampire, as if we don't have enough vampire favoritism in nearly every plot and events...

There’s been no favoritism in the event, have examples of this? I am sick of vampires too but we did get a break last year when they used werewolves instead , so its not like they use them every year.

Distinct Explorer

Tsuki_Kirkland
Fractale
Tsuki_Kirkland

There’s been no favoritism in the event, have examples of this? I am sick of vampires too but we did get a break last year when they used werewolves instead , so its not like they use them every year.
no, not in this current ongoing event...yet. Although bringing vampires into yet another event, regardless, and having the plot focus on them for so long, I could argue otherwise...seriously, how much plot have mermaids, dragons, fairies, imps, trolls, ect, been in, compared to the vampires? How many events have they gotten spotlighted in? adding Cordell to the ever growing list of vampires was just a "wtfreally?" for me that just doesn't make a lick of sense. I saw no harm in expressing an opinion to have her turn out like Moira and take a cure to rid herself of her vampire blood, completely, eventually, and not have vampelven babies with Zhivago although gaia's likely going to do just the opposite, since Gaia's never portrayed her as ....well, like someone who the VH sisters turned out to be.... They ruin all their good female characters- as few as they are in the plot- by hooking them up with someone.

Cutie-Pie

15,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
Fractale

There’s been no favoritism in the event, have examples of this? I am sick of vampires too but we did get a break last year when they used werewolves instead , so its not like they use them every year.no, not in this current ongoing event...yet. Although bringing vampires into yet another event, regardless, and having the plot focus on them for so long, I could argue otherwise...seriously, how much plot have mermaids, dragons, fairies, imps, trolls, ect, been in, compared to the vampires? How many events have they gotten spotlighted in? adding Cordell to the ever growing list of vampires was just a "wtfreally?" for me that just doesn't make a lick of sense. I saw no harm in expressing an opinion to have her turn out like Moira and take a cure to rid herself of her vampire blood, completely, eventually, and not have vampelven babies with Zhivago although gaia's likely going to do just the opposite, since Gaia's never portrayed her as ....well, like someone who the VH sisters turned out to be...

That is true, perhaps you should suggest those other creatures get more of a spotlight in the plot. And we don’t know what Gaia will do,and again we don’t know who the elf and vampire were..or are.

Salty Phantom

Halloween timeline:

2003 - just jack
2004 - zombies
2005- grombies
2006- zurg
2007- vampires
2008- human vs other monsters
2009- demon/demi god
2010- ghosts
2011- werewolves
2012- vampires vs dark elves

(source)

if anything, zombies (including grombies) have shown up more than vampires (not including this year, which would make them tied)

i think Gaia has made Halloween quite diverse over the years
yes, vampires are overly used and super popular, but that's just the direction they decided to go

(manga wise) to me, Cordell seemed more surprised that Zhivago had feeling for her then just jumping into his arms and having some gooey romance
nothing has happened yet, i feel like you're jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about the comic when it isnt even finished yet
who cares if the bad guy has a love interest? it gives him character. Hell, it made more interested in him because up until then he had been a fairly generic bad guy. This gave him dimension, it gave him an emotional level that wasn't just anger and hate

Moonlight Sweetheart

22,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
Zhivago??? Vlad (Ian/Loui's father) is the vampire that almost got his head chopped off for whoever the elf wench was.

Thats the story I'm sticking to until the artists prove me wrong.

But yes, the whole whore wife getting with another dude and then getting exiled/murdered/ext is as old as time itself and been done SO MANY TIMES that I dont even want to read the rest of the comic it bores me to death. The art style is interesting, but if you want someone to actually care about the story/characters, you need a story to go along with it. Something with some thought put into it. Yes, you artists have to make a bunch of items a month and dont have that much creativity to think of a good story, but if all you're going to put out BS you should just not put out anything at all or have someone else design the comic for you. I'm pretty sure everyone was content with picking a side before the comic came out, there was really no need for it.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

I don't know what else you were expecting. Last time I checked, manga in general isn't exactly a genre known for its literary merit. Everybody knows that Gaia just makes up its lore as it goes along.

I see nothing at all in the manga that indicates any sort of romantic feelings between Zhivago and Cordell. If anything, his behaviour is extremely threatening. He's as good as said that he plans to kill her and her family. The fact that you perceive the situation as romantic probably says more about you than it does about them.

We don't know that the Von Helson sisters are "still" doing anything. They haven't appeared in over a year.

Invisible Conversationalist

Mortok
I see nothing at all in the manga that indicates any sort of romantic feelings between Zhivago and Cordell. If anything, his behaviour is extremely threatening. He's as good as said that he plans to kill her and her family. The fact that you perceive the situation as romantic probably says more about you than it does about them.

[******** thank you.
They're not in a romantic relationship right now, have never been, and until staff confirms it I'll say they never will.
The fact that there's a couple threads full of stupid little brats out there insisting it is so means nothing. That's fan speculation, and it should ******** stay that way.

Zhivago has a degree of respect for Cordell, if anything. He doesn't think she's a tyrannical, spoilt loony like her brother, and he respects her as a leader and a fighter. That's all.
To say nothing of what she thinks of him, which I'm under the impression is markedly less.

Enduring Survivor

If you have to bring up Twilight in any case against why you hate vampires, your argument is already invalidated heavily on your behalf.

While I agree to an extent that vampires are ridiculously overplayed by media (Granted they were always a very sexual-based kind), in the instance of Gaia that is not the case. The vampires getting screentime is a result of causality. Important characters are vampires, and therefore since the event is about them, the vampires are of course going to be a racial focus.

Have we had an event where the Dark Elves are the absolute main attraction of the event? Where the other races are just a byproduct of their actions? Have we?

While I also agree on the Cordell bit (I'm really sickened by the "total change for love" tripe), I wouldn't say it's "out of nowhere". We'll see where it leads, and from there we can make our judgments.

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Witty Shapeshifter

14,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
shruikan
Halloween timeline:

2003 - just jack
2004 - zombies
2005- grombies
2006- zurg
2007- vampires
2008- human vs other monsters
2009- demon/demi god
2010- ghosts
2011- werewolves
2012- vampires vs dark elves

(source)

if anything, zombies (including grombies) have shown up more than vampires (not including this year, which would make them tied)

i think Gaia has made Halloween quite diverse over the years
yes, vampires are overly used and super popular, but that's just the direction they decided to go

(manga wise) to me, Cordell seemed more surprised that Zhivago had feeling for her then just jumping into his arms and having some gooey romance
nothing has happened yet, i feel like you're jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about the comic when it isnt even finished yet
who cares if the bad guy has a love interest? it gives him character. Hell, it made more interested in him because up until then he had been a fairly generic bad guy. This gave him dimension, it gave him an emotional level that wasn't just anger and hate

This.
Exactly this.

Are you just confused that the plot line has been all about vampires lately because of Louie and Ian being vampires?

Vampires are way overused in the media, but Gaia at least has had the decency to be unique in their approach to them.

Elysian Abomination

24,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Sweatpants Princess
Mortok
I see nothing at all in the manga that indicates any sort of romantic feelings between Zhivago and Cordell. If anything, his behavior is extremely threatening. He's as good as said that he plans to kill her and her family. The fact that you perceive the situation as romantic probably says more about you than it does about them.

[******** thank you.
They're not in a romantic relationship right now, have never been, and until staff confirms it I'll say they never will.
The fact that there's a couple threads full of stupid little brats out there insisting it is so means nothing. That's fan speculation, and it should ******** stay that way.

Zhivago has a degree of respect for Cordell, if anything. He doesn't think she's a tyrannical, spoilt loony like her brother, and he respects her as a leader and a fighter. That's all.
To say nothing of what she thinks of him, which I'm under the impression is markedly less.

Agreed. It drives me nuts when people claim things as fact when its really not. Also I highly doubt as people are speculating that the Vamp in the current manga arc is Vladamir, Vampires do not age or grow new facial hair.... stressed ... User Image

Mortok

We don't know that the Von Helson sisters are "still" doing anything. They haven't appeared in over a year.

Last I've seen them they were standing outside Deadmans Shadow in zOMG! biggrin

Anxious Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Please bring back the terrible vampire CGI movies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff