Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of the Shops Landing page?

I don't like it! 0.648 64.8% [ 81 ]
I like it! 0.136 13.6% [ 17 ]
Give me gold! 0.216 21.6% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 125 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I noticed that today too. Well, it's not really anything bad
to me. In fact, if you want to try and sell things, it is a smart
idea. It's not like people are forced to click it.

People will b***h about it, I'm sure. Because God forbid it's
a minor change and everyone has to go into hysterics about
it. Seriously, it's a business. If you want to try and push a
certain item or thing.. you have the right to do it in little ways
like this.

If anything, I'm sure the real super bitchers can just ad-block
it or something. rolleyes

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
oh there's no problem with this
It's not like items aren't the reason why everyone is here
It's a business guys
It's not like it doesn't have to look constantly desperate for gold to keep a good image or anything
people don't care about things like that
jeeeeeez
grow up~
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

You know, I don't even know why we need a Shops landing in the First place.

I mean it's nice that we can get to see the ACTUAL shops. But it's a bit annoying to click the "Enter" Button.

But Eh, I'm weird like that. sweatdrop

-~--~-

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Head - > Desk

(all my friends have jumped ship already, I only even know about this because somebody posted in our new hangout on a different site >.> )

Time-traveling Senshi

This isn't going to do much to convince people Gaia isn't being "Money hungry" like some of them are crying out lately. If they're being told to spend money spend money spend money they're going to get the feeling that Gaia doesn't care about the gold shops anymore. I don't mind the changes but I kind of wish there was some kind of a note about it since the randomness has been around for so long. Although, now I feel bad for the poor neglected D*C being stuck at the bottom and the fact that it hasn't received any kind of an update in ages.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» I keep getting dropped off in front of La Victoire, and I clicked the Shops tab 20 times. That is not pushing cash purchases at all or looking money-hungry. Oh no, not even close. rolleyes

" Shutting down. "

Stellar Succubus

Yup, same happens for me too. I wasn't a fan of the randomness, because it rarely landed on the store I wanted and I had to go an extra step to get there.

So, nothing has really changed, except that it's fixed rather than random. Still have that extra step if I go that way to the store I want.

Fluffy Creature

They're really pushing the GC lately, aren't they...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Growliere
They're really pushing the GC lately, aren't they...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Target acquired. "

»»» Yes. I have been revisiting the Shops page numerous times for the past while after reading this thread, and each time I end up at La Victoire. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. neutral And yet somehow people are acting like this is perfectly acceptable adn that the users should not be at all angry about it.

" Shutting down. "

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
If anything, I would prefer to have the random shop front be determined by our chosen town. I chose Durem, so I wouldn't mind seeing Durem shops.
LOL, how annoying!

I liked the randomness a lot, actually. Because to be honest there are several shops that I never visit for any purpose, but it was kinda nice to be dropped at them occasionally and admire their decor. Now I'd have to go out of my way to achieve that effect, and I can't be bothered.

Honestly though, I can't see that as a viable business strategy at all. It's just kind of irritating. The users who are going to spend real money for Gaia items are already going to do it, and the users who aren't going to spend real money for Gaia items still aren't going to spend real money for Gaia items. It's not like people don't know about the cash shops' existence. Being forcibly dropped in front of them innumerable times isn't going to cause anybody to suddenly wake up to the idea of spending real money here. And I'm pretty sure it's also not going to cause people to gradually forget that there are means by which one can obtain items that don't involve that particular practice. I'm not even opposed to all the recent pushiness about Gaia Cash, but.. rolleyes
Apparently Ian's and Rufus's loyalty points are trumped by Club Verge's cash points.

Celestial Spirit

Definitely unnecessary. I rather liked the random aspect as well.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I hate to sound like a broken record, but Gaia is pushing the cash items.

Kawaii Slayer

19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items