Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of the Shops Landing page?

I don't like it! 0.648 64.8% [ 81 ]
I like it! 0.136 13.6% [ 17 ]
Give me gold! 0.216 21.6% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 125 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

meep12345
Naladi
meep12345

Ja, I too really preferred the randomosity and... Couldn't they have achieved the same streamlining effect without making it seem like they're giving preferential treatment to the shops you spend gCa$h in? cat_sad

I liked the randomness of it as well. It was rather fun trying to guess where you would end up while the page was loading.

And is it just me, or does La Victoire look a bit shabby when compared to Club Verge and Mecha Neko? I think the shop could use a face lift, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch out the items in the window. None of the items in La Victoire's store front are available for purchase anymore.
In fact, quite a few of the gold shops could use a bit of a makeover too.

Me too! cat_blaugh I often liked wondering where I was going to land! cat_xd

To be honest... The old colour scheme for La Victoire made it seem a bit more high-end, but... The new has always seemed a bit shabby... Then again... Club Verge doesn't even look like a shop front as much as it looks like something out of VH... So... I feel like that it is hard to compete with it in the sense that one is trying to look like a store while the other... Isn't cat_confused

As for MechNeko... I dunno what to say... Its always had a sort of shabbiness to it, but I think, in context that it is probably located in Aekea, it would make perfect sense that it looks the way it does (while La Victoire is on the Isle of Gambino, the so shabbiness is very unexpected) cat_sweatdrop

Club Verge looks like a three story night club where the celebrities hang out to do celebrity things and avoid the flashing cameras of the paparazzi while Mecha Neko looks like a massive anime-themed specialty store where you can find vinyl dolls for even the most obscure series. La Victoire on the other hand looks like a downtown boutique that was once very hip and happening but has suffered a loss in popularity over the years that is shown by its un-updated store front and fading paint job.

Although that's probably just my wild imagination running away with me again, heh heh... sweatdrop

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
chaos butterfly
meep12345
chaos butterfly
Lol, it means plebs like me that shop at Junk in the Trunk have to click twice to get away from the posh shop we can't afford. gonk xp

Still it does look a bit neater and better organised, I think it's a bit of an improvement, actually. ^_^

How is a bit neater or more organised than before? cat_eek I mean, the only change was sticking CV, La Victoire, and MechaNeko at the top of the list, whilst the rest remained the same cat_sad

Dernier Cri used to be stuck in the middle, with Victoire. I find the progression of categories more logical as I scroll down through the list. I'm just going to mentally filter out the top three shops, so it's just going to have the opposite effect to that intended. wink

...So, why not stick the three premium shops back under the luxury section, with D*C, at the bottom? I mean, are they not shops full of luxuries (since what could be more of a luxury than being able to spend $1000 dollars on Gaia for a handful of single-pose exclusives?)? cat_confused

Man-Lover

Yeah, click on "shops" and your at Club Verge right away~ I want to get like a screen shot of like hundreds of people outside for fun~

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Naladi
meep12345
Naladi
meep12345

Ja, I too really preferred the randomosity and... Couldn't they have achieved the same streamlining effect without making it seem like they're giving preferential treatment to the shops you spend gCa$h in? cat_sad

I liked the randomness of it as well. It was rather fun trying to guess where you would end up while the page was loading.

And is it just me, or does La Victoire look a bit shabby when compared to Club Verge and Mecha Neko? I think the shop could use a face lift, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch out the items in the window. None of the items in La Victoire's store front are available for purchase anymore.
In fact, quite a few of the gold shops could use a bit of a makeover too.

Me too! cat_blaugh I often liked wondering where I was going to land! cat_xd

To be honest... The old colour scheme for La Victoire made it seem a bit more high-end, but... The new has always seemed a bit shabby... Then again... Club Verge doesn't even look like a shop front as much as it looks like something out of VH... So... I feel like that it is hard to compete with it in the sense that one is trying to look like a store while the other... Isn't cat_confused

As for MechNeko... I dunno what to say... Its always had a sort of shabbiness to it, but I think, in context that it is probably located in Aekea, it would make perfect sense that it looks the way it does (while La Victoire is on the Isle of Gambino, the so shabbiness is very unexpected) cat_sweatdrop

Club Verge looks like a three story night club where the celebrities hang out to do celebrity things and avoid the flashing cameras of the paparazzi while Mecha Neko looks like a massive anime-themed specialty store where you can find vinyl dolls for even the most obscure series. La Victoire on the other hand looks like a downtown boutique that was once very hip and happening but has suffered a loss in popularity over the years that is shown by its un-updated store front and fading paint job.

Although that's probably just my wild imagination running away with me again, heh heh... sweatdrop

Oh no, I like all of that and can definitely relate to that! cat_blaugh In fact, I often think about the shops like this too cat_3nodding Of course, sometimes, I like to think about the Gaians I see out front of the shops (like why they're there or would I shop there if they do or is that what they looked like before going in or after coming out, etc) and I like to imagine my own avi's reaction to those Gaians as well cat_whee

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Imperial Shockies
Yeah, click on "shops" and your at Club Verge right away~ I want to get like a screen shot of like hundreds of people outside for fun~

I thought there was a limit to the number of Gaians you could see outside a shop at any given time? cat_rolleyes

Man-Lover

meep12345
Imperial Shockies

I thought there was a limit to the number of Gaians you could see outside a shop at any given time? cat_rolleyes
Is there? Well, that sucks...

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Imperial Shockies
meep12345
Imperial Shockies

Is there? Well, that sucks...

Well, I don't know for sure, but, based on experience, I rarely see like a "mob" of Gaians and I think some shops display more than others (like Barton Jewelers always has a lot of people) while the others don't... And I don't know if that has to do with the lack of Gaians at said shops too cat_sweatdrop

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200

I've noticed it for a while now. I really hate landing on Verge, it's so gloomy looking.

It would be nice if we could chose where we land.
The bitfrost shop is so pretty, I wouldn't mind landing there everyday c;

Pylea P's Husband

Magical Pants

19,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I don't like it. Ian's shop should be first. Not the "lets tempt users to spend real money" shops emo

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Deletris

I've noticed it for a while now. I really hate landing on Verge, it's so gloomy looking.

It would be nice if we could chose where we land.
The bitfrost shop is so pretty, I wouldn't mind landing there everyday c;

Hmm... cat_rolleyes ...You know, I was so use to the randomness, I never really thought to consider the idea of being able to "set" your shops landing page to a particular shop. I mean, I often recall landing on Gambino Outfitters a lot, back when it was random, but I rarely buy items from that gold shop... cat_stare

...Personally, I'd love to always land on H&R Wesley (well, maybe all the time...), because it is probably the store I shop at most, followed close behind by Global Imports and, unfortunately, La Victoire... Maybe they should have based the randomosity off of what shops you went to most? cat_surprised

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
I actually don't mind the fact the premium shops were moved at the top. Considering the nature of items in the shop, I even think they should consider moving Dernier Cri right under it instead of having it completely at the bottom of the list. Btw, is it just me or they also reordered the list of shops with new subtitles?

That said, I'm not really sure why "Buttercup Cafe" is placed underneath "games". Because you can exchange flowers? Maybe but.. it doesn't really makes any sense considering you can exchange bugs, inks and papers in 3 other shops which are placed underneath "Apparel".

Also, I'm sad they removed the "randomizing" of the shops -- I always felt that sometimes it was reminding us of some shops we don't always use otherwise. One thing that do annoys me at the moment thought is how the "mouse over" action on the "Club Verge" shop is broking the style... it's so strange.

oOLeanOo's Husband

Playful Vampire

14,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Waffles! 25
What do you think of the new landing page approach?

I liked having a random shop on the page everytime I went there. So no, I don't like the change. sad

Do you think this will help quell the CV-induced rage on the site now that these Ca$h $hops are being thrust into our faces every time we click on the shops tab?

I don't think it will help much. Those who buy GCash will keep doing so, those who don't will ignore it or some may get upset about the change, those who hate CV will most likely hate it even more now. xd

Though I'm rather neutral about CV, on me personally the change has rather a negative effect. If I feel harrassed by something I tend to ignore or even boycott it. So having to see La Victoire all the time now, will rather keep me from buying GCash. stare

What annoyed me most was the premium sparkles that appeared on the shops bar though I have them disabled. Anyways, now they're on adblock. rolleyes

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
lilloulou
I actually don't mind the fact the premium shops were moved at the top. Considering the nature of items in the shop, I even think they should consider moving Dernier Cri right under it instead of having it completely at the bottom of the list. Btw, is it just me or they also reordered the list of shops with new subtitles?

That said, I'm not really sure why "Buttercup Cafe" is placed underneath "games". Because you can exchange flowers? Maybe but.. it doesn't really makes any sense considering you can exchange bugs, inks and papers in 3 other shops which are placed underneath "Apparel".

Also, I'm sad they removed the "randomizing" of the shops -- I always felt that sometimes it was reminding us of some shops we don't always use otherwise. One thing that do annoys me at the moment thought is how the "mouse over" action on the "Club Verge" shop is broking the style... it's so strange.

Honestly, I could lived with the reordering of the list if it wasn't for the the fact that I'm. Always. Going. To. Land. On. Club. Verge. cat_xp I mean, I still personally preferred the old ordering, but the lack of randomness is bit too much of CV for me cat_sad

And, ja, I also think the fact that they left out D*C and they have D*C listed as "Luxury" alone, at the bottom, seems odd (since what could be more of a luxury than spending 100s of gCa$h on a single pose item? cat_confused ).

As for the rest of the list... Ja... I don't get how Buttercup Cafe fits under games, especially if the others where you exchange things are not cat_rolleyes

And, ja, the mouse over of CV is kind of messed up cat_lol

Eloquent Pyromaniac

33,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
meep12345

Hmm... cat_rolleyes ...You know, I was so use to the randomness, I never really thought to consider the idea of being able to "set" your shops landing page to a particular shop. I mean, I often recall landing on Gambino Outfitters a lot, back when it was random, but I rarely buy items from that gold shop... cat_stare

...Personally, I'd love to always land on H&R Wesley (well, maybe all the time...), because it is probably the store I shop at most, followed close behind by Global Imports and, unfortunately, La Victoire... Maybe they should have based the randomosity off of what shops you went to most? cat_surprised

That's a great idea~!

H&R Wesley is (most likely) my most visited store as well.
I love how the items are so versatile. (I adore all the sweaters, vests, coats, and jackets~!)

I never pay attention to what store I land on. I almost always go to the right and click on
where I need to go. Even if I land on the right store I intended to go to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff