Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of the Shops Landing page?

I don't like it! 0.648 64.8% [ 81 ]
I like it! 0.136 13.6% [ 17 ]
Give me gold! 0.216 21.6% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 125 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
So, with everything focusing on CV these days, I figured I might as well take this opportunity to investigate something I just noticed that nobody else is talking about: The change to the Shops landing page cat_eek

Okay, here is my screen-shot:

User Image

So, as far as I recall, the Ca$h $hops were not at the top of the lists, but were nearer to the bottom... But... As you can see... That is no longer the case cat_rolleyes

Further to that, when I would click on the Shops tab, it would take me to a random shop landing page, most times a Gold Shop, sometimes a Ca$h $hop, but now... After clicking that tab repeatedly and refreshing the shops page multiple times... It always lands me on CV cat_sad

So, I figured, since I'm a CV member, what would happen to a non-CV member? So I popped over to one of my mules and... Well, I didn't go to some random Gold Shop... or CV... Instead... I landed on La Victoire... And when I clicked the shops tab... I landed on La Victoire... When I refreshed? La Victoire cat_burning_eyes

So, GCD, since I rarely make any topics (I mean, seriously, I never do), and because this is a short topic, I'm going to provide you with two spoons:

gaia_spoons What do you think of the new landing page approach?
gaia_spoons Do you think this will help quell the CV-induced rage on the site now that these Ca$h $hops are being thrust into our faces every time we click on the shops tab?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
All I get is "user image".

But I do get what you mean. I thought I was going crazy!

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Nyadriel

Ack! cat_gonk Well, here is the link to the image:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g286/lonelylamppost/WTVerge_Is_This_zpsd4ee4efe.png

But... If you already went to the shops page, you probably already have seen what that image is showing (I mean, it is the CV member version, where as for the non-CV, it will be La Victoire) cat_neutral

Ja... I thought I was going crazy too after like clicking on that tab 50 times cat_sweatdrop

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
meep12345
Nyadriel

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g286/lonelylamppost/WTVerge_Is_This_zpsd4ee4efe.png

But... If you already went to the shops page, you probably already have seen what that image is showing (I mean, it is the CV member version, where as for the non-CV, it will be La Victoire) cat_neutral

Ja... I thought I was going crazy too after like clicking on that tab 50 times cat_sweatdrop

Yeah, I prefer the randomosity. I am guessing they took out that randomness as a means of streamlining to save money.

(now the pic in OP comes up)

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Yeah. I believe this was just update yesterday or today?

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
Lol, it means plebs like me that shop at Junk in the Trunk have to click twice to get away from the posh shop we can't afford. gonk xp

Still it does look a bit neater and better organised, I think it's a bit of an improvement, actually. ^_^

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I noticed that as well. The day before yesterday I think it was still cycling through the shops randomly, but now it takes me to La Victoire every time. I was thinking that it was an odd coincidence.

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Nyadriel
meep12345
Nyadriel

Yeah, I prefer the randomosity. I am guessing they took out that randomness as a means of streamlining to save money.

Ja, I too really preferred the randomosity and... Couldn't they have achieved the same streamlining effect without making it seem like they're giving preferential treatment to the shops you spend gCa$h in? cat_sad

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
RandomKate
Yeah. I believe this was just update yesterday or today?

I'm thinking it was pretty recent, since I would have noticed earlier if CV was my new shops landing page, because I was going through the gold shops hours ago looking for, well, a particular shade of blue... Then I left Gaia for a while and... Now I'm back... And, well, the change occurred since then... cat_neutral

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

meep12345

Ja, I too really preferred the randomosity and... Couldn't they have achieved the same streamlining effect without making it seem like they're giving preferential treatment to the shops you spend gCa$h in? cat_sad

I liked the randomness of it as well. It was rather fun trying to guess where you would end up while the page was loading.

And is it just me, or does La Victoire look a bit shabby when compared to Club Verge and Mecha Neko? I think the shop could use a face lift, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch out the items in the window. None of the items in La Victoire's store front are available for purchase anymore.
In fact, quite a few of the gold shops could use a bit of a makeover too.

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
chaos butterfly
Lol, it means plebs like me that shop at Junk in the Trunk have to click twice to get away from the posh shop we can't afford. gonk xp

Still it does look a bit neater and better organised, I think it's a bit of an improvement, actually. ^_^

How is a bit neater or more organised than before? cat_eek I mean, the only change was sticking CV, La Victoire, and MechaNeko at the top of the list, whilst the rest remained the same cat_sad

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
meep12345
Nyadriel
meep12345
Nyadriel

But they're working on rewards for the other shops... lol

Feral Pumpkin

21,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Partygoer 500
meep12345
chaos butterfly

How is a bit neater or more organised than before? cat_eek I mean, the only change was sticking CV, La Victoire, and MechaNeko at the top of the list, whilst the rest remained the same cat_sad

Dernier Cri used to be stuck in the middle, with Victoire. I find the progression of categories more logical as I scroll down through the list. I'm just going to mentally filter out the top three shops, so it's just going to have the opposite effect to that intended. wink

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Naladi
meep12345

I liked the randomness of it as well. It was rather fun trying to guess where you would end up while the page was loading.

And is it just me, or does La Victoire look a bit shabby when compared to Club Verge and Mecha Neko? I think the shop could use a face lift, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch out the items in the window. None of the items in La Victoire's store front are available for purchase anymore.
In fact, quite a few of the gold shops could use a bit of a makeover too.

Me too! cat_blaugh I often liked wondering where I was going to land! cat_xd

To be honest... The old colour scheme for La Victoire made it seem a bit more high-end, but... The new has always seemed a bit shabby... Then again... Club Verge doesn't even look like a shop front as much as it looks like something out of VH... So... I feel like that it is hard to compete with it in the sense that one is trying to look like a store while the other... Isn't cat_confused

As for MechNeko... I dunno what to say... Its always had a sort of shabbiness to it, but I think, in context that it is probably located in Aekea, it would make perfect sense that it looks the way it does (while La Victoire is on the Isle of Gambino, the so shabbiness is very unexpected) cat_sweatdrop

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
chaos butterfly
meep12345
Nyadriel
meep12345
Nyadriel

But they're working on rewards for the other shops... lol

Umm... The only reward one could get from a Gold Shop is having it updated, but this isn't about that... This is about exposure and how we're now being overly exposed to the Ca$h $hops compared to the randomness of before where no shop got any preferential treatment cat_neutral

I mean, if you read those threads by Gaians feeling like the Gold Shops are not being loved, this kind of change will only solidify those feelings further cat_sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff