• Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
cutie_pie472
mistyrain1987
Its frozen to prevent bots mules ect or to see if youll play beyond 3 days

i just think its silly ~

Actually, it's not.

Because you're new, you wouldn't understand the sheer amount of botting that went on prior to these updates.

Botting ruined the fact that old users could be trusted. And you're paying for it.

That's why we can't have nice things.

Familiar Healer

12,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
cutie_pie472
VKiera
it's mostly there to prevent people from making mule/bot accounts to dump item/gold onto or exploit the system. So certain things are restricted until your account is 3 days old. Don't worry there's plenty to do until then. I mean we are having a huge party right now, its Gaia's 10th birthday. biggrin

i wanna go to a party :O where?!

Under Forum tabs, go to the For the Love of Gaia under Hot Topics!There are a lot of activities going on now! =)And, welcome to Gaia Online and hope that you will have fun here! =)

Wealthy Noob

12,475 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
I hope you live through this. xD
cutie_pie472
mistyrain1987

i just think its silly ~
Yeah its bull it wasnt always like this , infact I found out they where doing this today. you had to pay like 10 k gold to sell on market place , but you where able to buy from it.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

6,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Jack-pot 100
cutie_pie472
okay so i joined today and i cant even go to towns, buy off the marketplace, trade or anything fun? i have to wait 3 days? why!? thats so stupid there shouldnt be a reason why i cant do all these things just cuz im new...someone needs to change that >_>

yeah I feel your pain it sucks man I wanna hit the market and see what cool stuff there is not like I got money yet tho

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

mistyrain1987
"to see if you'll play beyond 3 days"
They're starting your addiction to this website... emotion_dowant
castigat ridendo mores
mistyrain1987
i been here since 2003

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

mistyrain1987
castigat ridendo mores
mistyrain1987
i been here since 2003
2004 here.
I just mean that maybe it's also because they want newbies to get addicted...fufufu

Receiver

Its only 3 days. Go explore the forums
I know how you feel, I'm not even new really, my original account has been inactive for such a long time it's been locked, hopefully I'll get it back... I had a perma avi and I'm like itching because this isn't my account xp but yeah I've just been messing around in the forums for the last couple of days, my sister was lovely enough to donate to me some items so I don't feel ugly xd but I want my stuff back and my name... but that could take 2 weeks IF I did everything right confused

I was going to open a build a cupcake shop for while I wait so I could get a little gold but no trading pass XD I got one yesterday though whee

now I have to wait for my original account.... and then I will open up a large art shop

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
While you are waiting and exploring, if you go to MyGaia page and click on the trophy icon, you can see a list of achievements you might be able to get. It's an activity to help you pass the time and to help you explore a bit. 3 days will fly right by you before you realize just how much fun you were having.

Edit: seems you already know about those.

Well anyway, this is day two for you. Day after tomorrow, you will be free!

Shy Lovergirl

Yes I agree with you, Gaia is not new-user friendly, maybe that's one of it's biggest issues, and the reason why it has less and less users.

Although the system was implemented in a time where bots and mule exploitation reigned free, this is not the case anymore and I personally think this measure hurts Gaia more than helps it.

If I were new, came here and found I can't do many things for 3 days, I would leave to never be back of that I'm sure.

The also lock your account if you are absent for a few months which kinda sucks too.

Shameless Streaker

It's to prevent hacking,scamming, trolling and other bad things sometimes do. It's an initiative process that we ALL went through (besides the people who joined in 2003 maybe)

Lavish Lunatic

But.. The things you can't do are the boring things. Waiting 3 days to try those is not that much.

I recommend going to tektek.org to find out what AMAZING items are out there! emotion_dowant
Tagling
I know how you feel, I'm not even new really, my original account has been inactive for such a long time it's been locked, hopefully I'll get it back... I had a perma avi and I'm like itching because this isn't my account xp but yeah I've just been messing around in the forums for the last couple of days, my sister was lovely enough to donate to me some items so I don't feel ugly xd but I want my stuff back and my name... but that could take 2 weeks IF I did everything right confused

I was going to open a build a cupcake shop for while I wait so I could get a little gold but no trading pass XD I got one yesterday though whee

now I have to wait for my original account.... and then I will open up a large art shop

omg! that same thing happend to my friend and she had to send a ticket or something? idk she said it was annoying >_< lol
well i hope u get ur account back (: & ur avi right now is so adorable! i hope i can get my avi as awesome as urs :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff