Welcome to Gaia! ::

renaina's Husband

Ruthless Demigod

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
K, so, I've been mostly away from Gaia for a few years now, and I'm trying to figure out WTF happened with the gold? Why the 1000% inflation? I once made it to a million gold, and I felt like I was fairly well rolling in it. Now I see garbage items selling for hundreds of thousands to millions, and cool items going for f-ing BILLIONS!

What the actual F---, Gaia? Why the massive inflation?!

renaina's Husband

Ruthless Demigod

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
And what the hell happened to ZOMG? scream

Versatile Vampire

19,340 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
here and here

these should explain everything

8,725 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
this topic is so 2014.

renaina's Husband

Ruthless Demigod

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Dermatophagia
here and here

these should explain everything

Thanks for the info, Dermatophagia.

What a giant pain in the a**. I've been around since 2006, so do I have a few items I could sell for billions? Yeah. But since I've been holding on to most of them since 2006/2007, I'm not too keen on giving them up.

Thanks a load, Gaia, for taking such a fun website, and using it to rape our wallets. I get that GC was a smart move from a business stand point—micro transactions are a fantastic money-maker—but you effectively ruined the site the moment you implemented it. I was okay with purchasing the monthly item for real $, but now ANYTHING that's decent requires either spending more money, or such an obscene amount of gold as to be untenable. Now there's basically zero fun to be had, and zero fulfillment to be gained without paying real money for the privilege. After all, why bother spending staggering amounts of time earning the ridiculous sums of gold needed to obtain items when you can just buy the shortcut.

What a ********' waste.

renaina's Husband

Ruthless Demigod

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
KeliJaystinAspiras
this topic is so 2014.

Seeing as I never logged on in 2014, it should be easy enough to forgive my ignorance. And, if not, you're certainly free to go ******** yourself. biggrin

Wealthy Fatcat

3,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You tell 'im, SaiyanMonkey, you evil beast! razz razz

Galactic Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Pot calling the kettle black, much? wink
Tactical Nuclear Platypus, you filthy wasted of pixels...we meet again. heart heart

Galactic Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Diabolical Squirrel Lover
Tactical Nuclear Platypus, you filthy wasted of pixels...we meet again. heart heart

You skank, you know you want me! mrgreen

Sugary Wolf

16,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Pet Trainer 150
SaiyanMonkey
KeliJaystinAspiras
this topic is so 2014.

Seeing as I never logged on in 2014, it should be easy enough to forgive my ignorance. And, if not, you're certainly free to go ******** yourself. biggrin
dude I came back after being gone most of 2014 and when I seen the -bbundle of flowers for 10m- I had to ask the same questions about Wtf happened.

renaina's Husband

Ruthless Demigod

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Zakuro Moon
SaiyanMonkey
KeliJaystinAspiras
this topic is so 2014.

dude I came back after being gone most of 2014 and when I seen the -bbundle of flowers for 10m- I had to ask the same questions about Wtf happened.

Right? My first clue came shortly after I logged on the other day and saw one of my wish list items had just sold for over 8 Billion. Then I started looking at the prices of things in my inventory, and damn near s**t a brick.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I like Gaia, and I was wanting to get back into it, but there's no ********' way I'm dumping a bunch of real world cash into the site to do it.

AND, there's no more ZOMG, as far as I can tell. I ********' loved that game. WTF Gaia?!

High-functioning Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Not one of these threads again

renaina's Husband

Ruthless Demigod

9,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
RlTUALZ

Oh piss off, nobody forced you to read it. Some of us have been gone for like five years experiencing a real life.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
RlTUALZ
They're not going to end. May as well get used to them.

This sort of comment is also kind of useless since the OP you're trying to make feel bad already won't make another one of these threads since they made this one, and anyone else that comes back won't know there's been a ton of these threads, certainly won't see this particular comment, so they'll just make their own thread.

Just another way Gaia's mishandling of the economy has ******** us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff