Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

I have fun. If people can't handle my fun and call me a troll then that's their problem XD

Obviously if someone I'm close to did that I'd be upset and want to know why so I can fix it, but if it's a random person then... lol I dont really care!

Hardcore Muse

Super Fightin Prototype

If they've had the same experiences as me, it's possible they've gotten enough s**t offline that they find it hard to deal with online as well. Hearing people (or in my case, my sister) call you a retard offline and then going on the computer and hearing it some more reinforces a negative belief you're constantly told by people you know. Now someone ONLINE is doing it and hey - these people must know me pretty ******** well considering my sister said the same thing to me all the damn time and she knew me in person.

I think it's kind of like trying to break a brick wall - one person most likely won't be able to do much, but if you get enough people all wailing away at the wall, it might start to give in.

It has taken me a long time to come to the realization that other people's opinions of myself just don't really matter the only real opinion that should matter to me is my own.
I'm proud to say I'm 5'4, have to wear glasses (lest I go all Velma), have a big nose, large breasts, and while I may not be beautiful to some people to my husband and family I am. :3

Yeah it use to bother me to no end when other kids and my family would pick at me (my family still does) about how short I am or how large my breasts are but eventually I got over myself and decided to say '******** you' to everyone who didn't like the way I looked/acted/etc. neutral

What I'm really trying to say is this no ones opinion about yourself should matter to you but your own. If you know you're intelligent then screw those who call you a retard, if you know you're pretty darn sexy then screw those who want to call you ugly. ONLY YOU KNOW YOU.

That's why this whole crap of being bullied over the internet is still a mystery to me these people don't genuinely know you and you don't know them, they're virtual strangers so why let it bother you? neutral

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Mississippi Black Velvet
Super Fightin Prototype

If they've had the same experiences as me, it's possible they've gotten enough s**t offline that they find it hard to deal with online as well. Hearing people (or in my case, my sister) call you a retard offline and then going on the computer and hearing it some more reinforces a negative belief you're constantly told by people you know. Now someone ONLINE is doing it and hey - these people must know me pretty ******** well considering my sister said the same thing to me all the damn time and she knew me in person.

I think it's kind of like trying to break a brick wall - one person most likely won't be able to do much, but if you get enough people all wailing away at the wall, it might start to give in.

It has taken me a long time to come to the realization that other people's opinions of myself just don't really matter the only real opinion that should matter to me is my own.
I'm proud to say I'm 5'4, have to wear glasses (lest I go all Velma), have a big nose, large breasts, and while I may not be beautiful to some people to my husband and family I am. :3

Yeah it use to bother me to no end when other kids and my family would pick at me (my family still does) about how short I am or how large my breasts are but eventually I got over myself and decided to say '******** you' to everyone who didn't like the way I looked/acted/etc. neutral

What I'm really trying to say is this no ones opinion about yourself should matter to you but your own. If you know you're intelligent then screw those who call you a retard, if you know you're pretty darn sexy then screw those who want to call you ugly. ONLY YOU KNOW YOU.

That's why this whole crap of being bullied over the internet is still a mystery to me these people don't genuinely know you and you don't know them, they're virtual strangers so why let it bother you? neutral

You make a pretty good point. It will probably take me a while to build my confidence back up but I have gotten better since she flew the nest, so to speak.

Maybe another possibility is that some people spend enough time online for it to become their reality. Once I got a part-time job, I stopped caring as much what people on the interbutt thought of me because I had to get my priorities in order.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff