Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

8,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Happy 10th birthday, gaia!
I think people should share their fondest memories here.

Like that one time I was -400 gold back in 04 and i was told I need to become gaia's whore to relieve my debt.

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
I remember joining a month after Kiki Kitty came out, and giving my mom all my birthday money to buy DI's (Not MC's) to sell to get a Kitty. Then Coco kitty came out and i sold my Kiki to get Cocos all over my body. rofl

Enduring Sex Symbol

Yep, don't get used to it, just a temporary thing. And you already guessed why. 3nodding

As for being Gaia's whore... Well, you're still here, soooo... ninja

Noob

8,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Gouki Zusaki
I remember joining a month after Kiki Kitty came out, and giving my mom all my birthday money to buy DI's (Not MC's) to sell to get a Kitty. Then Coco kitty came out and i sold my Kiki to get Cocos all over my body. rofl

I remember when I had cocos and kikis all over me.
AND HOT DAMN. THOSE KIKI KITTIES WERE 2K.
SO EXPENSIVE.

Dapper Darling

I remember way back when tektek was still brand new, and I was trying to make my dream avatar which was probably no more than 5k gold total. But man that was RIDICULOUS to attain back then. I'd be bumping in the chatterbox like nobody's business.

It's kinda funny too since right now I have my iHome playing all the old early 00 songs, so I'm getting all sorts of nostalgia everywhere.

THE HAMSTER GERBIL THING ON THE BANNER MOVES WHAT

Noob

8,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
1-800-OMG-STFU
Yep, don't get used to it, just a temporary thing. And you already guessed why. 3nodding

As for being Gaia's whore... Well, you're still here, soooo... ninja

Still working off that 400 gold debt.
dis regard my account is worth magnitudes more.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
I remember joining when most purple items didn't match. It was disappointing that I couldn't have a purple avi.

Noob

8,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aishra
I remember way back when tektek was still brand new, and I was trying to make my dream avatar which was probably no more than 5k gold total. But man that was RIDICULOUS to attain back then. I'd be bumping in the chatterbox like nobody's business.

It's kinda funny too since right now I have my iHome playing all the old early 00 songs, so I'm getting all sorts of nostalgia everywhere.

THE HAMSTER GERBIL THING ON THE BANNER MOVES WHAT

Let's no talk about my original dream avatar.
I was going through a typical middle school student "phase".

I did, however, have a nifty business making wish lists for people till gaia saw that its whore was making her own money and put me outta business.

Noob

8,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sweet Angel Mary
I remember joining when most purple items didn't match. It was disappointing that I couldn't have a purple avi.
I KNOW, RIGHT. It's still kind of like that. Gaia hates purple. Which is usually people's most favorite color...
I shrieked when is saw the new kanoko item last October.

Aged Lunatic

16,975 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Gouki Zusaki

xD That's a lot like my own join story except I joined the day le Kiki was released. Which I still have emotion_yatta

Dapper Darling

@La Diabla:
Oh god haha speaking of middle school...
More fond memories of way back when...

I remember in early January 2007 (which, wow was six whole years ago), my friends and I decided we were going to buy donation letters for the first time. However, being little middle school kids back then, obviously our parents weren't going to go for using their credit cards on some relatively unknown site on the internet. So we all put together our quarters and dollars together and sent it in an envelope to Gaia HQ (without our parents knowing of course) hoping it would arrive intact and not stolen somewhere in between. XD

Some people would have thought us stupid or wasteful (or even bad) seeing young kids giving their money to digital items, but man. Getting those donation letters was like Christmas. I regret nothing. emotion_dealwithit

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
La DiabIa
Sweet Angel Mary
I KNOW, RIGHT. It's still kind of like that. Gaia hates purple. Which is usually people's most favorite color...
I shrieked when is saw the new kanoko item last October.

Yeah, it's like they finally decided on purple shades they like.

Noob

8,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aishra
@La Diabla:
Oh god haha speaking of middle school...
More fond memories of way back when...

I remember in early January 2007 (which, wow was six whole years ago), my friends and I decided we were going to buy donation letters for the first time. However, being little middle school kids back then, obviously our parents weren't going to go for using their credit cards on some relatively unknown site on the internet. So we all put together our quarters and dollars together and sent it in an envelope to Gaia HQ (without our parents knowing of course) hoping it would arrive intact and not stolen somewhere in between. XD

Some people would have thought us stupid or wasteful (or even bad) seeing young kids giving their money to digital items, but man. Getting those donation letters was like Christmas. I regret nothing. emotion_dealwithit

it reely was....
Man i think the first DI I bought was ancient katana? Maybe?? I had like 8 of them at one point.

Trash Witch

I can't distinguish my fondest moments any more. It's all a grainy good mishmash of fondness. I remember actually doing forum roleplaying sometimes, and I wonder why I don't try it again. They tend to die pretty quickly, but it's fairly relaxed.

Oh, but the sound effects of the fishing game. THEY are soggy with nostalgia, I can tell you. Schwoosh! Pu-lashh! Durrrr! . . . YOUR FISH GOT AWAY.
I'm happy for their B-day, but the banner is....meh. REALLY meh.

It looks too young, like this site is specifically for kids and middle schoolers. I appreciate the more anime-focused design, but considering the much more professional/adult illustration for Gaia's characters in Shops, i'm thinking a bit more mature anime-design would've been more appealing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff