Welcome to Gaia! ::

I get a lot of flack for being Catholic because it's "corrupt." I'm the first to admit that for years (centuries....) it was horribly corrupt, but there's corruption in everything. You had Catholic and Protestant churches telling slaves they had to obey their masters lest they be sent to hell, and they were foul, and all that. Catholics were crazy though, they used to scam like mad. They got so much power. Sickening. Religions themselves aren't usually corrupt, the people who run them can be, though.

Dapper Phantom

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
R o m a n c e
DrusillaRaintree
What's St. Patrics day? All that I know so far is that it's a day when people dress in green and that it's somehow related to Ireland.

For hundreds of years, people believed that St. Patrick drove all of the snakes out of Ireland but now people say it was just a myth. [In my sig I joke about it a little. Lots of people don't get it XD; It's probably not funny and the only reason it's funny to me is because I'm a serious dork. sweatdrop ]

Saint Patrick was a shephard who became a strong Christian figure in Ireland and he majorly helped spread the Christian religion throughout the people of Ireland. He also was the creator of the Celtic Cross. The well-known Christian symbol of their faith and religion, the cross, had a sun superimposed upon it. This was so it would be a more natural symbol to the people of Ireland who had a nature-based pagan religion. He also adapted the Christian religion to Irish culture by using many pagan methods of worship, such as using bonfires to celebrate Easter, as the Irish honored their gods with fire.

That's just a summary of what I know about St. Patrick.

I wish they would celebrate St. David's Day. [Most of the world doesn't know about it -_-] He is the patron Saint of Wales. [A lot of people don't know Wales exists as well. >_>]

Again, there were never snakes in Ireland. *GRIN*

And I know about Wales. Had some of the best poets EVER. And bards.
R o m a n c e
DrusillaRaintree
What's St. Patrics day? All that I know so far is that it's a day when people dress in green and that it's somehow related to Ireland.

For hundreds of years, people believed that St. Patrick drove all of the snakes out of Ireland but now people say it was just a myth. [In my sig I joke about it a little. Lots of people don't get it XD; It's probably not funny and the only reason it's funny to me is because I'm a serious dork. sweatdrop ]

Saint Patrick was a shephard who became a strong Christian figure in Ireland and he majorly helped spread the Christian religion throughout the people of Ireland. He also was the creator of the Celtic Cross. The well-known Christian symbol of their faith and religion, the cross, had a sun superimposed upon it. This was so it would be a more natural symbol to the people of Ireland who had a nature-based pagan religion. He also adapted the Christian religion to Irish culture by using many pagan methods of worship, such as using bonfires to celebrate Easter, as the Irish honored their gods with fire.

That's just a summary of what I know about St. Patrick.

I wish they would celebrate St. David's Day. [Most of the world doesn't know about it -_-] He is the patron Saint of Wales. [A lot of people don't know Wales exists as well. >_>]
St. David? Do tell. Never heard of him. Heard of Wales though! do I get a fifty percent?

Familiar Dabbler

2,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
lymelady
Yep, but....people take it seriously today. I know people who are convinced of a few things:

1) St. Patrick stepped foot on Ireland and all snakes fled to the water and drowned*
*one person has suggested this is where alligators and crocodiles come from. I know, I know. It's been debunked. By me. A zillion times. He maintains it....

2) The pagans were vile creatures who ate babies, and St Patrick turned them into snake. Now they can only eat eggs from birds nests. The birds started disappearing so he had to chase them out.

3) On St. Patrick's day, we celebrate the triumph over the stupidity of the pagans and make sure that any modern-day pagans realize how stupid, evil, and disgusting they are.

I think I need a new crowd....

yeah, I think you do. I know a few pagan friends and they're really nice people 3nodding They're not evil at all or eat babies or whatever.

I like this pope too; I mean come on! He has a pop-mobile lol . No, j/k. I really do like him and I admire his strength; even though he had that surgery, he still got up and continue to do his work.

I could see that it's all political, to bad I can't do anything about it sad ... At least I'll try my best sweatdrop

Dapper Phantom

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
R o m a n c e
Oh yes, St. Patrick was also a Welshman. heart
May I say, though, that it's SO nice to come across people who aren't ignorant?

I love you all for having at least some to LOTS of knowledge about this.

heart

Dapper Phantom

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Dalila
lymelady
Yep, but....people take it seriously today. I know people who are convinced of a few things:

1) St. Patrick stepped foot on Ireland and all snakes fled to the water and drowned*
*one person has suggested this is where alligators and crocodiles come from. I know, I know. It's been debunked. By me. A zillion times. He maintains it....

2) The pagans were vile creatures who ate babies, and St Patrick turned them into snake. Now they can only eat eggs from birds nests. The birds started disappearing so he had to chase them out.

3) On St. Patrick's day, we celebrate the triumph over the stupidity of the pagans and make sure that any modern-day pagans realize how stupid, evil, and disgusting they are.

I think I need a new crowd....

yeah, I think you do. I know a few pagan friends and they're really nice people 3nodding They're not evil at all or eat babies or whatever.

I like this pope too; I mean come on! He has a pop-mobile lol . No, j/k. I really do like him and I admire his strength; even though he had that surgery, he still got up and continue to do his work.

I could see that it's all political, to bad I can't do anything about it sad ... At least I'll try my best sweatdrop

Keep meaning to tell you how much I love your dolly. I want one.
NibbleKat
R o m a n c e
Oh yes, St. Patrick was also a Welshman. heart
May I say, though, that it's SO nice to come across people who aren't ignorant?

I love you all for having at least some to LOTS of knowledge about this.

heart
another tidbit. The real reason St. Patrick is so revered:

He introduced green beer!

my ignorance level just shot up. Well I was joking, but still. mwuahahhaa.

My friends are all over the place. A few pagans. They don't eat babies. Or look like snakes, to me......

They're actually quite nice.

Dapper Phantom

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Speaking of Paddies... MINE is flying in today from Kilkenny, Ireland. *does a bitty dance of joy*

Heeee.

Dapper Phantom

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Okay. Bored now.
Nice talking to you all.

*skitters away*
NibbleKat
Speaking of Paddies... MINE is flying in today from Kilkenny, Ireland. *does a bitty dance of joy*

Heeee.

You should ahve done a jig. Get in the spirit, damnit!
NibbleKat
Again, there were never snakes in Ireland. *GRIN*

And I know about Wales. Had some of the best poets EVER. And bards.

Well I did point out that many people believe it to be a myth ^^

Ah yes, and I've visited the hut of Dylan Thomas several times. It has the prettiest view as it's on a slope over the Laugharne river estuary. Also, one of my great-great..etc grandfathers was a bard. We have a lot of his handwritten stories from the early 1800s.

Edit: Of course it is all in Welsh, and since my Welsh is limited.. Sucks for me. sweatdrop I've grown up in America, sadly, and have only lived in Wales for a few years when I was in elementry. Though I do visit every summer, it's not nearly enough =x
NibbleKat
Okay. Bored now.
Nice talking to you all.

*skitters away*

Byyye gonk T__T
I kinda wondered if they were going to have an event where if your avatar wasn't wearing a green item people could pinch you, sort of like when you got kissed around Christmas. whee Well, I'm wearing my green pants just in case. ninja
Yamaryu
I kinda wondered if they were going to have an event where if your avatar wasn't wearing a green item people could pinch you, sort of like when you got kissed around Christmas. whee Well, I'm wearing my green pants just in case. ninja
I'll risk it depending where they pinch whee jk. ha, I think instead of pinklinks, it should be like, floating pots of gold.
lymelady
Yamaryu
I'll risk it depending where they pinch whee jk. ha, I think instead of pinklinks, it should be like, floating pots of gold.

That would be pretty funny, but not many people would get to see it then. xp
*looks her up and down*
PINCH!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out