Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Dror Ahvahd-Lady Ace
the hidden ghost
Duke Roya
So, I just logged on for the first time in like...a year today and got these mysterious key messages.

I understand they're for alchemy, but where are the keys? I don't them in my inventory, and I didn't see any items attached to the mails.

Thanks.
They should be under the "Game" tab.
Where/what is the game tab? I looked (like a newb) under the header tab marked "games" and looked for anything informative, but it was just a lot of arcade stuff..

If you go to "view full inventory" on the equip page, there's a tab there labeled "Games" for game items.

Desirable Lover

7,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Yeah, I was wondering for a while what those were for. I didn't know how it could be used, so I was going to throw them away at one point. razz

Beloved Cat

22,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm not trying to start any trouble but Alchemy is a REALLY expensive habit. A lot of beginner items are costly but are worth as much as dog poo on a stick. Will they ever fix it to make it more affordable? It seems impossible to get to the higher ranks if everything is as expensive as it is right now.

Or at least it'd be better for it not to be as pricey from the get go considering the items used to make sed product are worth more then the actual product.

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
SugarSweetVenom
I'm not trying to start any trouble but Alchemy is a REALLY expensive habit. A lot of beginner items are costly but are worth as much as dog poo on a stick. Will they ever fix it to make it more affordable? It seems impossible to get to the higher ranks if everything is as expensive as it is right now.

Or at least it'd be better for it not to be as pricey from the get go considering the items used to make sed product are worth more then the actual product.

I know. It's hilarious. That's why I say alchemy isn't for the rich, it's for the foolishly stubborn and desperate. When the actual item disappears forever from the market, only the foolishly stubborn and desperate will insist on obtaining those items through alchemy. As for me, I'll just keep buying the new stuff.

6,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
I received 6 keys for my 6 years. The problem is I haven't played on Gaia very much the last couple of years.. So I really don't know what y'all are talking about "alchemeys" and "formulas". If someone could help I'd appreciate it.

Golden Kitten

15,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
i didnt get mine for this year sad

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I didn't get any new ones either, my Gaiaversary was in June.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
My Gaiaversary was last month too and it seems like I didn't get any. I don't know if it's an error or not thought...

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

12,775 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Aaaah, crap. If the keys are only used in uber rare recipes and people get more of them all the time, then they'll never be worth more than they are now.
Since keys are so common and most of them will never be used the way things are now, why don't they come up with some cheap recipe that consumes them by the bulk?
I've been hoarding them like a squirrel hoarding nuts.
Nuts, I tell you! I want my profits!

Super Gaian

RPG guy
Aaaah, crap. If the keys are only used in uber rare recipes and people get more of them all the time, then they'll never be worth more than they are now.
Since keys are so common and most of them will never be used the way things are now, why don't they come up with some cheap recipe that consumes them by the bulk?
I've been hoarding them like a squirrel hoarding nuts.
Nuts, I tell you! I want my profits!

i'm trying to hoard mass quantities as well lol, let me know if you want to sell.

Mosflow's Partner

Shadowy Lunatic

13,425 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Secret Angel 3
SugarSweetVenom

I know. It's hilarious. That's why I say alchemy isn't for the rich, it's for the foolishly stubborn and desperate. When the actual item disappears forever from the market, only the foolishly stubborn and desperate will insist on obtaining those items through alchemy. As for me, I'll just keep buying the new stuff.

It seems to me a very intricate gold sink that has managed to stay for a while. I don't do alchemy because of the difficulty of finding the items and the recipes. Just not my thing i guess. I'm not the stubborn kind.

Winter Star

33,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
My problem with Alchemy is this: You have to level up to make anything you really want. (Not so bad in itself, I actually like that aspect, the annoying point is: ) But to do so you have to make the low level formulas, which are often just as expensive when you add in cost of buying or finding the ingredients, which often times you have to buy the containers that the ingredients are in, which is expensive. (Might not seem like much when you consider how much gaia cash you can get for a few bucks of real money but...when you don't even have a few bucks of real money to spare then yeah.) Or simply the low level formulas are simply...so... UGH. Here's an example. To create Angel Imp Potion A, you must use two actual Angel Imp potions and some other ingredients. I repeat...To create something you have to use two of the same thing. At that point I pretty much went, "Screw this" and decided I'm selling my damned alchemy stuff.

Master Jew

34,125 Points
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
  • Master Jew 500
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
Do you have to level up? Forgive me but I've been away for a couple years.

Back in the day, my wife ( Mystic Cannabinoid ) made a À la Fondue via alchemy, but it was only b/c she bought the recipe on the Marketplace for cheap, like 1000g. She got the items ( through great difficulty ) and crafted the item. She never completed any other recipes or "leveled up" in alchemy before crafting it.

From the Marketplace listing of the recipe, the tiny little 4 on the bottom of the scroll leads me to believe you must be Level 4...or have completed 3 other recipes first...I have no idea...

Do you need to Level Up? Or is that just a process by which the Alchemy system provides you the next recipe after completing the prerequisite recipe?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff