Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yeah, Gina was kind of the one who started it all, wasn't she? XD She had a great concept going, and I really admired her dedication to the RP. She stayed fully IC at all times, and kept it going to the best of her ability even after Gino was found. biggrin Truly a great RPer.
Artist with fangs
I'm a roleplayer. xd

Not many people realize the depth of Awf's story, but yeah. xd He's "with" Leon... well, in his mind, anyway (like I'll ever get a canon opportunity crying )... but yeah.

I don't actually write it out (yet), save for one small fanfic I've written. He has a backstory and all. But I usually just... "am him" when I'm on Gaia. Always. 3nodding To me, Gaia is a big roleplay in itself, where the lines between in-character and out-of-character kind of blur.

It AWF! surprised

Hnn, that does remind me, the MIBs never came back... gonk My insanity left that day! So sad!
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Erm, Glina.....do you want to know who .Gino. really is? ^-^;
-blinks- erm, sure. sweatdrop
Trust me....you don't. It'll truely come as a shock... sweatdrop
Well know your got me all curious.. neutral
GeminiSun
Yeah, Gina was kind of the one who started it all, wasn't she? XD She had a great concept going, and I really admired her dedication to the RP. She stayed fully IC at all times, and kept it going to the best of her ability even after Gino was found. biggrin Truly a great RPer.

She pretty much tries to keep something up every plot-point. 3nodding

And actually! *Re-checks friendlist* Yes, she was on a few days ago! Maybe she's planning something again. surprised
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
Don't get mad at me! gonk
Technecally I'm roleplaying as Hanu C. Sasini right now.
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
-runs around giggling-
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
-runs around giggling-
sweatdrop
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
-runs around giggling-
sweatdrop
Well he does has hot manties. sweatdrop
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
-runs around giggling-
sweatdrop
who you talking about?
Hanucoysasini
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
-runs around giggling-
sweatdrop
who you talking about?
Dante San..-shrugs- sweatdrop xd
Glina Gambino
Hanucoysasini
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Glina Gambino
Red-Rose Wolf
Dante. Dante San.
-runs around giggling-
sweatdrop
who you talking about?
Dante San..-shrugs- sweatdrop xd
... I'm still lost you know. sweatdrop

Dramatic Hunter

Alexia Winters
Baneful
I don't like roleplayers who can't come up with a character without infringing on other people's existing storylines. That's me though.

The true roleplay heroes I would like to honour are too numerous in number to list here, I'd like to honor the original ones.

There are some instances where using the NPC storyline is justified for interesting plotline. When you delve your character straight into NPC storyline with very few other characters that aren't already existant, it's more like a Mary-sue than anything (Unless, of course, the character is nothing like you, as mine is nothing like me)

However, in almost every case I've seen with the whole gambino/vonH roleplaying, the player characters decide that they're either dating or are related to the characters in some way. In my fanfic, however, I don't say anything other than my character having gone to school with the VonH's back when they were kids. As small as durem is, that would be possible, especially if it was a prepatory school.

I agree with you, however not completely, as there are roleplayers who try to limit themselves to minimal contact with already-written NPCs.

Thankyou for being one of the few who actually understand what I'm talking about. I decided to boycott completely the idea od direct NPC rp because of all the thinly veiled mary sues around.

Incorporating a world idea or a distant contact with a character into ones story is fine, it's just when one takes it into the realm of obnoxiousness, arrogance and associations of negativity towards a character as a result that I feel it's too much.

I've yet to find, on this forum at least, someone who remains truly in character with any NPC related character.

So far, all of them seem like OC mary sues.
Baneful
Thankyou for being one of the few who actually understand what I'm talking about. I decided to boycott completely the idea od direct NPC rp because of all the thinly veiled mary sues around.

Incorporating a world idea or a distant contact with a character into ones story is fine, it's just when one takes it into the realm of obnoxiousness, arrogance and associations of negativity towards a character as a result that I feel it's too much.

I've yet to find, on this forum at least, someone who remains truly in character with any NPC related character.

So far, all of them seem like OC mary sues.

Hn, that's very true... A few are pretty original at least though, at least the ones I've interacted with... Though those were pretty odd...

By chance, have you happened upon a thread called "In Which Mary Sues Are Dealt With By Government Agencies"? You'd probably like it if you dislike NPC Sues like this. *Nod*

Dramatic Hunter

enshokukitsune

Hn, that's very true... A few are pretty original at least though, at least the ones I've interacted with... Though those were pretty odd...

By chance, have you happened upon a thread called "In Which Mary Sues Are Dealt With By Government Agencies"? You'd probably like it if you dislike NPC Sues like this. *Nod*

I have not, do you have the link to it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces