Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like roleplaying, and a lot of people do that, but just because you don't see people doing it doesn't mean it's not there.
Deandriea
Windstar
Roleplay is not dead, it just takes awhile to find it. Most of the literate rp's don't come up in the forums much because they're so slow - the one-liners have a post a minute, the literate ones are lucky to have five a day. This is because most of us literate roleplayers take the time to make our roleplaying good.

I am a member of another site, Elftown, and frankly I do find it easier to find good rp's there - Elftown was made for a more mature audience than Gaia, and as a result the majority of the roleplays are literate.

might I be nosy enough to ask for a url? I might keep a nice list in the first post.

Also, to kee things moving, what is the length of you adverage post, what style, would anyone feel like showing a sample?
Average RP post, or average normal post? There's quite a difference.

Here's the url:

http://elftown.lysator.liu.se/

Most of the roleplays on Elftown are 'Wikis', basically webpages made by members. If anyone's interested, here's the url of the one I made, although you might have to be a member to view it:

http://elftown.lysator.liu.se/wiki.html?name=The%20World%20of%20Lienae&n=1118102008

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200
kougramaster666
I've always seen the roleplaying part of that description to describe the avatars, and how you role play as them... sweatdrop Not really based on actual RPing.
And I tend to use things like *hugs* etc. But never when I'm actually attempting to roleplay properly. However, I believe it IS a form of role play.
Thats an idea.

I never thought of it that way.

But then, I've been roleplaying for sveral years now...and it pretty much dominates my life.

@Kawaii that coudl be, but it could also have been the opposite, so many people you never have to wait for an rp.
Deandriea
kougramaster666
I've always seen the roleplaying part of that description to describe the avatars, and how you role play as them... sweatdrop Not really based on actual RPing.
And I tend to use things like *hugs* etc. But never when I'm actually attempting to roleplay properly. However, I believe it IS a form of role play.
Thats an idea.

I never thought of it that way.

But then, I've been roleplaying for sveral years now...and it pretty much dominates my life.

@Kawaii that coudl be, but it could also have been the opposite, so many people you never have to wait for an rp.
Well, I hardley knew anything about real roleplaying till a few months into gaia, so it's probably just my twisted mind. xd

Dangerous Genius

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Heckler 50
Laziness. I do rp just not ol usually. I can never find anything i am interested in. RL however i play alot of white wolf games and DnD.
I personally don't like to roleplay in forums. Some people join in and totally ruin the story thats going on. Not to mention you could be waitting a while for the other people to reply. Theres also the fact that in forums there can be many players and its hard to keep up with.

I like to role play with my friends on MSN. Depending on the person I roleplay differently. That also depends on our moods. (if we feel lazy or not that is) I'll stick to msn roleplay, its much better for me lol
They exist, but due to the literate role plays nature of being slow moving. You just don't see them around, they are in barton town. I created one a while ago which is still being used.

I'm not going to post a link, but check my post history only if your interested.

Shy Gawker

supersayiandj80
They exist, but due to the literate role plays nature of being slow moving. You just don't see them around, they are in barton town. I created one a while ago which is still being used.

I'm not going to post a link, but check my post history only if your interested.

exactly, its the natural order for literate rps to be pushed out by semi literate and then iliterate rps, the literate ones can't move fast enough
I came from a smaller forum RP site myself, small enough that the admin set up a list of "elite" players. Even as small as it is though, I've seen a wide range of skill, from paragraphs of detail, to brief run-on and broken sentances. Personally, I think 2 to 10 lines of proper English is enough. I admit though, I have the horrible tendancy of conforming.

Ice Heart's Queen

I never joined Gaia to roleplay. In fact I was a bit intiminated at first because I was reconmended here by a friend who is a major roleplay freak.

Maybe people like me who do not roleplay and have no desire too ruined your roleplaying Gaia you once loved...sorry domokun .

kaugramastar666's definition is kinda cool though... heart
Yes, I have a very good friend that gets blacklisted many times for being too literate or taking the Japanese names of characters. That's why I;ve given up on Barton Town.
You are not the only one that desires a resurrection in the roleplaying aspect of Gaia. A group of us are starting a revolution, a sort of "takeover," if you mind. We all share a common goal to wipe Gaia free of such mediocrity, and we will do all it takes to do it, ethical or not. We do not troll, or flame others for being so uncreative in the ways they roleplay, that is against the ToS of Gaia; instead, we offer advice, and those who do not agree will face quite a force that they will not be able to master in anyway. For we are the Shinigami Clan.

Yes, we are quite serious about this, and we don't plan to give it up. We have started to infiltrate all parts of the public roleplaying areas, as I myself am beginning the entry into the University/School subforum. I have been entrusted with an important task, and I will not let my fellow Shinigami members down.
I actually did join Gaia because I loved (and still love) to Role Play.

Sadly, I grew jaded of millions and millions of InuYasha, Shonen-Ai, Slave, Demon, and Angel Role Plays.

I guess thats why I hang out here so much now. Since Gaia offers you so many alternatives, I guess you don't have to just Role Play to enjoy it.
Deandriea
Seth Darkheart
The literate RP has retreated from the main forums and now lives deep with GGNs and subforums. You won't find 'literate' RP in Barton Town unless you set one up yourself, but as an avid roleplayer and O/M Guilds regular, I can tell you that literate roleplay does exist.

You just have to go looking for it. 3nodding
but why? go to the hoem page and what do you see. The word ROLEPLAYING.

Why is it dead?

How did we let it happen?

meanwhile..woud you be willing to leave gaia for roleplaying? I have.

I just got lazy sweatdrop I literate roleplay when I find a good one..if I fine a good one...

Gryzzle's Darling

Dapper Fatcat

18,675 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Conventioneer 300
I hope roleplaying doesn't die!....I love it too much for it to die out on me 3nodding But I myself am also having trouble in finding a literate roleplay these past few weeks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff