Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tactical Superhero

What is your perceived difference of the two? Was it necessary to separate the items in those shops from one another? Was there a story behind the coming of Rococo? I personally think that there is very little difference to the type of items within those shops, but I wonder what your opinions are of this new Rococo shop.

Peaceful Lunatic

La Victorie is a store. Roccoco is an art gallery. That's the difference I see.

Was it necessary? I'd say no. But when I think of the stores in terms of Gaia world-building, it is a nice thing to have. For one thing, Kanoko's graduated from hapless part-timer to business owner. I'm hoping that we get a manga in time explaining this, considering that Brennevin still talks as if Kanoko's working at his store. For another thing, since it's an art gallery that allows sale of its pieces, I wonder if it would be in Durem (would fit architecturally and thematically) or Gambino island (since it's a mix of beach-goers and rich folks). I could see an art gallery in Barton too, but Roccoco's a bit too fancy for that town.

Perfect Pumpkin

I think the bigger question is what's the difference between Rococo and Verge?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd I think Gaia just got too lazy to clean up cs clutter in LV so they just invested in a separate ''spotlight'' cs in rococo.

Handsome Man-Lover

August Star Of Heaven
xd I think Gaia just got too lazy to clean up cs clutter in LV so they just invested in a separate ''spotlight'' cs in rococo.

That's what my cynical side thinks XD

But it might just be they really did have the idea to give Kanoko her own shop and that it would be neat to have that shop showcase a different artist's work every month *shrug*

It's unneccessary...but so is all of Gaia of you get down to it razz
I like Kanoko having her own gig now.

Elder

You mean like how for some reason they have 3 separate cash shops and 2 separate luxury gold shops. Bright shiny and new gets attention is my guess.

Verge being separate made sense for a while, but with all the items that have been released it's easy to meet the requirement without even thinking about it.

As long as they give them all attention instead of just forgetting about the existing ones because they're too wrapped up in these new store then I don't see a terrible problem, but history has proved otherwise so far.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I think Rococo was made in part to add to PRISM being back to Gaia some hype. CV and LV seem to be all about recolors now, so I suppose Rococo is gonna be for items with more thought put into them.

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

`.A separate showcase for super special Artist items makes sense... but they could just as well have given her a subsection in DernierCri or La Victoire or Verge, surely?
A sudden rise to apprentice-then-full-on-shop-owner is a bit sudden for this particular NPC.

I had hoped that a mini-comic would pop up in the few weeks after Rococo opening.
It's a bit of a tradition for new shops, after all.
(And quite necessary to explain some things in this case.)

I'm probably too preoccupied with how this isn't tying into a plot update in any way.
emotion_facepalm

Shy Nymph

25,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
one doesn't make you throw a ton of money at gaia just to look in the shop...

And i wish we had a comic or bit of story behind the new shop, kanoko's owning it, etc

Shy Nymph

25,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
[Elske]-[XXIX]

`.A separate showcase for super special Artist items makes sense... but they could just as well have given her a subsection in DernierCri or La Victoire or Verge, surely?
A sudden rise to apprentice-then-full-on-shop-owner is a bit sudden for this particular NPC.

I had hoped that a mini-comic would pop up in the few weeks after Rococo opening.
It's a bit of a tradition for new shops, after all.
(And quite necessary to explain some things in this case.)

I'm probably too preoccupied with how this isn't tying into a plot update in any way.
emotion_facepalm
as far as story line, we've seen kanoko isn't exactly the most logic filled character XD
From a star, to an ice cream kart girl, to a corrupt villain, to a shop apprentice, to a shop owner
I'd say this is the most realistic jump she's had so far XD

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
yuki utahime

And i wish we had a comic or bit of story behind the new shop, kanoko's owning it, etc

Or an event for it like where we see Brenni and Kanoko face off if they didn't leave under good terms xD

Angelic Nitemare

J 4 C K
I think the bigger question is what's the difference between Rococo and Verge?
Rococo doesn't require a membership. Think like the difference between Walmart and Sam's Club.

Fox Bakudan's Waifu

Princess Felidae

One is a shop dedicated to showing off specific artists' talents. It's a more premium shop.

Think Macy's and Nordstrom's.

Both are nice but Nordstrom is a nicer store with bigger name brands~

Shy Nymph

25,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Sheshira
yuki utahime

Or an event for it like where we see Brenni and Kanoko face off if they didn't leave under good terms xD
Haha I'd love to see Brennevin's heartfelt goodbye, after his amazing hello XD

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Probably to highlight specific artists' work? Starting with PRISM.

Personally I think it's redundant, but i wish there was a manga or something displaying the change.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff