Total Votes:[ 704 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 255 256 257 > >> >>> »|

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
The Robots of Gaia

This thread is dedicated to all the robots on Gaia. It is rare to say that the mechanical NPCs get any spot light in the plot, and here is the place where the users can show them the respect they deserve. While there are some in which are more well known, others are barely even recognized. Instead of making a separate fan thread for every individual robot (you'd be surprised how many there are!), they will all be equally represented and supported here. We encourage fan art, fan fiction and any theories you have about any of these NPCs.

In here I hope to inform Gaians about the robots, both individually and their need for equal rights while gaining support and fandom for these NPCs. Although they may not be in the plot often, they have been here for 5 years in the background. While each of them is different, they are a united race and deserve recognition.

This thread is the second generation of the idea to put all robots into a single place. The original thread was created by user Thomas Light and was created on July 21st 2008. It racked up much support and over 50 pages of discussion. Due to inactivity and difficult formatting of the thread that made upkeep difficult, the thread slowed to a halt. After permission from Thomas Light (and a little help!) I have revamped and recreated the thread. Here is the original thread if you would like to take a look.

In the making of this I did a lot of my own research. Along with that I recycled information from the old thread as well as sought out answers from zOMG Wiki and Gaia-pedia. Thank you to the users who keep those going, and for having the information I needed.

Do you want to list your support? It's nice and simple; just post in the thread saying that you would like to be added to the list. I will add you as soon as I can.

Do you have any suggestions? If you have an idea for the thread that you would like to mention, feel free to PM me! I love to discuss organization and ideas in general.

7/17/12: We have an event thread!

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Index

1; Introduction and News
2; Index
3; Regulations
4; History of Gaia's Robots
5; The Faktori Robots
6; The Court System Robots
7; The Town Robots
8; Event NPCs
9; Game and Item NPCs
10; Theories
11; Fanart and Fanfiction
12; Supporters
13; Links in and Out
14; Contests
15; Reserved

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Regulations

There are not many rules which I feel need to be posted here in this section. If things should come to it, I will add what may be necessary. Even though I'm sure you are all mature 13+ year olds, I will be also be stating some obvious rules. They are more to cover my a** than anything.

1; Do not violate the ToS.
2; Keep emoticons to a minimum
3; Be respectful to the thread and the users that post in it
4; Stay ON-TOPIC. I will make a friend's chat thread should it be necessary. This is a thread that is to discuss the robots. If it does not stay on topic, the thread will be moved. Fan threads walk a thin line and I'd like to stay on the GCD side of it.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
History of Gaia's Robots

There is not much to be said about the robots in general due to the fact that they are not discussed and not often featured in the plot of the site. Gaian robots made their debut with the release of Aekea in 2005. As far as we knew at first, this was the only information we had on them.

But then Liam said this:

Liam
Bots are outlawed in GAIA. You didn't hear this from me but our town has a special deal with the government that allows them here.

Robots were illegal to exist outside of Aekea's walls. At the time there was no reason that the users were aware of that would give the government a reason to restrict robots to the world outside Aekea.

Ribateau clarified the reasoning with this:

Ribateau
We bots were once used as war machines. It is illegal to use us as weapons in this day and age.

In some time before we were citizens of Gaia, robots were killing machines. It's easy to see why the government would want to keep robots in a single place. But as time went on we were introduced to more robots that existed outside of Aekea. Their existence had a very specific purpose. Some were to distribute cards, others were the workers of the law system in Durem. Some collected trash, bugs and flowers in Towns, and one even is now a figure head of an entire holiday.

So while Gaia has gone from using robots as weapons of war to handing out Easter eggs, their rights and place in society has not changed. Despite the fact that they have personalities and intelligence, they are still not really considered citizens and are still tools.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
The Faktori Robots

These three robotic brothers debuted on Gaia on March 4, 2005. They were introduced on the same day that the town Aekea was, as well as the Housing Commission. For a little extra fact, these robots share the same birthday as the Gaia Community Discussion forum!

They work in The Faktori, a shop that sells housing items. The shop itself has not been updated since March 8th, 2007. During an AtA, Lanzer said that the Faktori would not be updated until several Towns updates were completed.

Bildeau

User Image

Bildeau is the most well-mannered of the three robots. He is the first robot that you see coming into The Faktori. One of the first things you will recognize about him is that he has six arms. While he seems very polite and accepting of humans, Bildeau surprisingly sided with S.I.N. during the 2009 Halloween event. This is a view of his part of the shop. He dressed up for Halloween and Christmas in the year 2010. For April Fool's 2011, Bildeau in his shopand his avatar were given the Meowbook makeover. For Halloween 2011, he found himself a new costume.

Here is his profile.

These are his shop phrases:

;You have entered The Faktori. My designation is Bildeau. I see your name is (Username), ;I am pleased to make your acquaintance.
;How may I be of service?
;I am here to serve you.
;Would you like tiles with that?
;I specialize in base floor and wall tiles.
;I am a C-class construction bot.
;Ribateau specializes in Wall Furnishings. He resides to my left.
;Bludeau specializes in Floor Furnishings. He resides to my right.
;IRASHAIMASU!

Ribateau

User Image

Ribateau's specialty is wall furnishings. Ribateau is one of the more interesting robots. One of his statements lets us know more of the past use of robots on Gaia, showing that robots were once used as tools for killing. Ribateau holds a grudge against Gaians for enslaving robots and using them as they do. While it is of concern that Ribateau holds a hatred of Gaians for what they do to the robots (and perhaps planning a robot rebellion), I feel he is one of the best indicators of how important it is that we make things better for them. Ribateau sided with S.I.N. He also dressed up for Halloween and Christmas for the year 2010. For April Fool's 2011, Ribateau was given the Meowbook makeover in the shop. His costume for Halloween 2011 was Cookie Monster.

Ribateau does have a profile, but it is incomplete and inaccurate. It says he is female, and he doesn't even have an avatar! But here is the larger image of him in The Faktori.

Here are his shop phrases:

;Welcome, human.
;One of these days, you humans will pay for enslaving us...erm, I mean--would you like a window to go with that door?
;Do not be alarmed, human. I am allowed to bot.
;Bludeau is always so enamored with you humans, why can he not see that we bots are superior in every way?
;We bots were once used as war machines. It is illegal to use as weapons in this day and age.
;Please do not look behind that door, human.
;My foolish brother Bildeau makes me sick. His incessant pandering is disgraceful behavior for us bots!

Bludeau

User Image

This little guy is the most well known of all the Faktori Bots. He specializes in the Floor Furnishings of the store. Bludeau is by far the robotic NPC with the most emotion. Almost all of the things that he says are related to love, and other emotions. Bludeau has a great desire to feel and understand the emotion of love, and that is what makes him....him! Bludeau is a great example of how advanced the robots of Gaia can be. During the '09 Halloween event, Bludeau did not choose a side. During a quest for Liam to be more attractive to the ladies, Bludeau created a poem for Liam to read:

"O Lady,
So fine you lady.
O am enjoy in mine heart,
Taste of lady lick mine brain.
Lady give thee to me
O lady must be mine
FOREVER I WANT LADY
Give love now me."

In more current days he runs the Housing Commission instead of Josie, who had moved on to own her own store. This is a larger image of him at The Faktori, and here is his profile.

Bludeau has shown up multiple times in other various media on Gaia. He appeared in two mini comics (A Bad Case of Love In You) and (Love Hertz). In the manga he shows himself twice (#26 Brains and Brawn) and (#34 Promageddon Part One). He was featured on the event page of the actual Promageddon event, and has his own game Electric Love Factory. Bludeau has also been made a plush, released from The Fortune Egg.
User Image
Here are his Faktori shop phrases:

;Welcome, (Username)! It is nice to see you again.
;A fatal exception 10113 has occurred at 1774:438127. The current application will be terminated.
;If I only had a heart...
;*clang clang*
;Bots cannot feel emotions...but...why do my internal circuits hurt so much?
;My internal clock races when you are near.
;I ... l...o...v...e...y...o...u...010011101001101110
;Please give me a hug. I promise not to crush you like the last customer.
;What is this thing humans call LOVE? Cannot compute....cannot compute...

And this is his Housing Commission shop phrase:

;Welcome to the Housing Commission.I see you've never been here before. The first thing you need to do is select a Home style. Please select a style from the choices below.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
The Court System Robots

There is not much information on these particular robots. While we assume that they continue to work for the courts of Durem, we have not heard any updates since their appearances in the Trial of Ian plot. We can also assume that due to their purpose and the fact that they were numbered, that they are not the only ones of their models.

While the Trial of Ian forum is no longer available on Gaia, thanks to the journal of Rondeau The Singing Robot (created by user Triskellion), we can still read the trial. Here are the first two days, and this is the final day and closing arguments. The manga #10 Trial of Ian shows the conclusion.

DefenseBot 513A

User Image

DefenseBot served as Ian's defense attorney during his trial. While other DefenseBots already existed, this one in particular was fresh off of the production line. Because of this, Ian's trial was his first. Talk about pressure! At first the new DefenseBot struggled and did not seem to be doing very well in proving Ian's innocence. However after a short time he began to quickly improve and was much better by the end of the trial. Thanks to his efforts, Ian was found innocent of the arson charges. DefenseBot has not been seen since he dodged the bullet that struck Ian when he left the courthouse.

ProsecutionBot 508Z

User Image

ProsecutionBot stood opposed to DefenseBot in the Trial of Ian. Unlike his counterpart, ProsecutionBot was a veteran of the courts. While he was trying to prove Ian guilty in the charges or arson, he had no personal vendetta against him and acted as an important and fundamental part of the legal system. Not only was he experienced in the courts, but he had been undefeated. He suffered his first loss against DefenseBot. He has not been seen since the end of Ian's trial

JudgeBot 502X

User Image

The last robotic NPC seen during the Trial of Ian was JudgeBot. His job, obviously, was to serve as the judge for the trial. Just like Prosecutionbot, he has also been working in the legal system for some time when the trial occurred. While, like the others, he has not been seen since the Trial of Ian, we can assume that he continued serving the courts for many other cases in Gaia.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
The Town Robots

Not many people remember these first three robots, because they were not in sight of the public for quite some time.. They made their debut during the first release of the Towns feature on October 26, 2005. The three towns robots left towns on June 22, 2006 with the towns update that allowed shaking of trees, bushes and rocks.

Three years later, our three towns bots have been spotted again. On October 22, 2009, an update of zOMG came with this statement. "The Aekea bots have distributed a new HyperNet access system which allows you to learn more about what's going on in the world. This system is rudimentary currently (but still useful!) and will be expanded further in the future." The robots used to distribute this information are none other than the 3 towns bots.

Feebie

User Image

Feebie was one of the robots in Towns who for a short time sat in the center areas of each square, in order to take the various things we would collect over Towns. Feebie collected the trash that was found, such as the paper, boots, and cans. After the three robots were removed from the centers of Towns, Feebie started helping out in Cinema's Lobby when it was revamped on December 3, 2007. Unfortunately sometime afterwards during another Cinema revamp, Feebie was gone. While they did not have genders officially, Feebie was considered female and had a tired and almost lazy personality.

Yappie

User Image

Yappie is the second robot that helped out in collecting items from us in Towns. Yappie was responsible for taking the flowers and depositing them into our inventories. Eventually the three robots were removed from Towns for a more effective method. His name suited him quite well with his bouncy and positive attitude.

Bogey

User Image

Bogey was the third robot that worked in Towns. Bogey was the one responsible for collecting the bugs we gathered. After a change was made in Towns, the three were removed from Town centers. Just by looking at his face, you can see that Bogey was not an uplifting robot. But his comments occasionally were funny although he wouldn't intend them to be.

Boggie

User Image

This robot is the current robot responsible for depositing the various collected items into our inventories.Clearly he was given the job over the other three robots due to him being more efficient. While this is an unfortunate example of obsolete robots being replaced by newer models, it is a good example of the robots being able to improve in what they are capable of doing. While he is more efficient, he does not have the range of emotions or a personality like the original town's bots.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Event NPCs

The Easter Bunny

User Image

User ImageThis Bunny has been a familiar face to Gaians ever since he first began running easter in 2005. Not much is known about this NPC, other than the fact that he is very passionate about Easter and wants the holiday to be equal to Halloween and Christmas. When he was younger, Easter Bunny was quite the bully and did in fact pick on Santa Claus. Jack gave him a pretty impressive punch in Santa's defense. It was after this that the NPC gained his mechanical body. But he still seems to harbor some unease when discussing Jack. Click here to go to his profile.

For Easter 2011, the Easter Bunny came out of hiding from a mysterious foe to take back his beloved holiday from Diedrich. This can be seen in the two minicomics "Bunnyfire of the Vanities" and "Diedrich Everlasting".

His followers, a loyal group of egg collectors known as E-Corp, have taken the initiative to achieve the Rabbot's goal. This is the E-Corp landing page, as well as the image you see when collecting an egg for the Easter Bunny.

Click on the bunny gif above to go to E-Corp's thread.

GTMS Santa

Up until 2005, Santa and Jack had been good friends. It wasn't until Santa came into Barton, criticizing his old friend Jack and his holiday that things went bad. The King of Christmas made his appearance inside his GTMS/Gift Transport Mech Suit. There was a fight, and Santa lost his life.
ElfTech571
The other elves were frantic, we were all terrified He'd die...and then our worst nightmares all came to pass only moments later. It was like having a huge J- (Just hearing that name makes me sick) (okay, I'll write it) -- Jack-in-the-box go off sideways into your stomach...you know, that sick, furious, your-life-just-ended feeling.

Elftech013
Monday, November 14th, 2005
10:30am
Things at the Facility used to be good. We were doing grand things here. But ever since "the incident," I am uneased.

They brought him in, battered and broken. I still can't believe how bad it was! The blood.... oh my god. My hands are still trembling. His heart stopped. I could've sworn it. And then they removed me from the operating room.

Or so we all thought.
ElfTech101
I heard that Santa was in a serious accident last week, but my uncle told me that people were exaggerating.

Thanks to the ElfTechs of S-Corp and their journals we learned that Santa and his suit were fine a week after the incident..

ElfTech571
I saw the hard suit when they brought it back after the fight in Barton. That thing was in a million fracking pieces; yet somehow, I'm supposed to believe they patched it up in a week and it was standing right there behind the podium as if nothing had ever happened!

Given the work that went into making that (don't ask; I'd have to kill you if I told you, and I AIN'T gonna do that) I don't see how it could possibly have been repaired, let alone come marching in that room all fine and dandy...the power packs alone took six months of work, and the electrical shorts when the suit crashed completely fried them...

Or were they?

Things started getting a little strange after the return of Santa, who never came out of his GTMS.
ElfTech571
I know we're not doing heavy weapons platforms, or at least haven't been in that business for a few years...so it was with quite a shock I saw the notices about the gatling gun and the grappler spilling out into the loading yard.

ElfTech101
While we were moving some of the crates off of the transport onto the loaders, the crane cable snapped and the crate fell on the floor, breaking open.

Inside was a huge mechanical arm! This IS SOOO COOL.

Throughout this event, the Elftechs we had come to love were all killed by various means. Some by the S-Corp factory explosion, others by flooding, a few by rampaging Yetis and even some by Santa himself. Or what everyone had thought was Santa.

The first page of "Jack vs. Santa #2" states the following:

Quote:
In order to save Christmas and her reputation, Mrs. Claus created S-Corp. Its sole purpose was to resurrect Santa and outfit his GTMS with enough firepower to take on JACK should another attack occur.....Despite all of their precautions, even Mrs. Claus could not fathom the outcome - that in dealing with an unknown genetic substance, Santa became fused with his GTMS and mutated into an unstoppable force powered only by his hatred for JACK

User Image

Delugeau

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Delugeau 8000 V.52 is a giant robot that was created for the Summer Festival's water balloon fight. He towered over the town of Aekea as he launched giant water balloons at the other towns. His design resembles that of a submarine, although it's not known how he would fare if he was put into a body of water. Aekeans created many songs to motivate their team in this robot's honor. Once the Summer Festival was over, it was unknown as to the whereabouts of this massive balloon throwing creation. It has now been confirmed by Lanzer that Delugeau is currently in storage. When will he again be needed? No one knows.

Brainbox

User ImageOn October 15th, 2010, Gaia became aware of a multitude of ghosts. One of these over 2 dozens ghosts was a robot only known as Brainbox. Along with many of these ghosts, Brainbox had a journal in which he posted. As the entries progressed, his past became to light.

Brainbox in his lifetime was a robot that worked in a hospital on Isle de Gambino. His job was to move the bodies to and from the beds. A very curious robot, he yearned for the answer to every question that came to his mind. It was this unique curiosity that lead to his death.

One night he saw two men wearing hats enter the hospital past visitation hours. When they left, Brainbox wondered what they had done. The next day, the police arrived to the hospital; a man had been killed in his sleep. Brainbox thought it was the two men and went to the police. Because he was not a "Law Enforcement Robot", the police would not tell him anything and ordered him to leave the crime scene. Upon leaving he found a discarded cigarette that was dropped by one of the men. After examining the area for more and doing in depth searches on brands, types and fingerprints, Brainbox found a trail that led to a warehouse. After his work shift he headed to the warehouse to find it empty of people but filled with weapons, gold and cash. As he left, Brainbox decided to do more research.

At this point he discovered that what he was doing was called 'detective work'. To himself he noted to find a hat, a coat and a partner in order to be a real detective. At the end of the day he found only a tophat and told himself that he must make a special order for a coat. He then decides to confront the criminals so they will surrender to him. That way he can turn them into the police.

The following night he returns to the warehouse to find that there are two men inside. He plans on confronting them after the two are done talking. The next thing he knows, he is restarting after being struck on the back of the head and finds himself tied and surrounded. Brainbox confronts them, saying that they were selling the weapons on the black market and they they planned on expanding their sales. The man they killed was going to turn them and himself in so they had him killed. When he tells them to give up. Instead, once he says he told no one else about his investigation, they take his hat and shoot him to death.

Here are his journal entries, and here is his farewell post.

Brainbox
6770 PRINT: OPENING MEMORY FILE RVJST1Iy
6780 PRINT: I AM COVERED IN DIRT
6790 PRINT: MY BODY HAS CEASED TO FUNCTION
6800 PRINT: WHY AM I STILL HERE
6810 PRINT: HOW AM I STILL HERE
6820 PRINT: ROBOTS ARE NOT BURIED
6830 PRINT: THEY BURIED ME HERE
6840 PRINT: THEY STOLE MY HAT
6850 PRINT: THEY STOLE MY BODY
6860 PRINT: THEY STOLE MY FREEDOM
6870 PRINT: THOSE PEOPLE
6880 PRINT: THEY HAVE TRAPPED ME HERE
6890 PRINT: FOREVER

For April Fool's 2011, Brainbox's avatar was given the Meowbook makeover.

The artist warrior_of_boognish made this art of the ghosts from the Halloween event.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Game and Item NPCs

If there was enough space to give each of these NPCs their own post, I would have. But due to the large amount of information I am trying to cover on this first page, the NPCs that exist in Gaia games and the various items (RIGs, etc) will have to share a post.

Cardbot

Cardbot is the dealer for Cards at the Casino at the Isle De Gambino. He serves to supply the cards for the game, and after beating the two dealers before him, he himself plays. Cardbot is the mini-game's "last boss" character, and as such is the hardest to beat. His two cheat moves are "Pocket Ace" and "Fresh Start".

Cardbot has a small light on him, that shows different colors depending on what he's doing. While playing a game, his light will be red. After losing a game, his light will flash blue. And lastly, after winning a game, the light will flash green. Cardbot has been playing in the Casino since Cards were introduced, but has not been seen outside of the Casino. He was however in a mini comic on September 22, 2009. It introduced the LeXbox, and featured Cardbot and Lex playing strip poker. This proves that the robot has a sense of humor.

Here are some more images of Cardbot: [x][x][x][x]

He has some personal phrases:

;010001110110... prepare for extermination.
;100101110111 ...there is a 94.42% chance that you will be defeated.
;100101110111 ...there is a 94.43% chance that you will be defeated.
;010110100101 ...b-b-bots do not f-f-feel pain.
;SYSTEM ERROR [32] Must reboot. Press any key to continue.
;Ticket payout authorized. Security will now escort you to the exit.

Sheryl Orange

User Image
Making her debut in the RIG "Famestar Hero" (released in June 2010), this robot girl has a heart of gold. It's never stated who created her and for what exact purpose she was created for, but the description of her is as follows:

"A robot girl who loves music, and wants nothing more than to be someone who can bring happiness to the world with her songs."

Sheryl is one of 5 artists/bands to choose from in the Famestar Hero. Alongside that, she has her own item, and a SDPlus doll which were both items in the RIG itself.

Below are the links to the RIG art featuring Sheryl Orange, as well as the writing that came along with it.

Stage 1: The only way to the OmniDome is practice, practice, practice. But practice is hard work, and takes too long! And whoever heard of a robot who needed to practice, anyway? Maybe we should just make music videos for the internet. You could become a phenomenon!
Stage 2: Your first gig! It's on stage at a restaurant. The food from the buffet smells delicious. I forget, were you a robot that can eat things?
Stage 3: Here it is! The OmniDome, the place foretold in the Famestar prophecy. But wait, an agent from the OmniDrink Corporation has approached you. He'd like you to offer you a deal, giving you a contract to sign. Will you take the offer, or will you go ahead and play?
Stage 4: Alright, we might have screwed up a little leading the Vylons right to our planet. But if your sensors are right, the Vylons hate music because it is their lone weakness. You may not be a giant mecha with a name like HAROMNION or EUPHONIA ZX, but you can still be that robot who defends the world from vicious aliens: the Famestar Hero!
Victory: Congratulations! The prophecy was fulfilled and the world is safe again. Thanks to your guidance, Sheryl's digital voice became something more and touched the world.
Failure: Sheryl ends up malfunctioning, causing more damage to the people around her. Unable to fix her, click below and claim your item.

Vespers
User Image

This mechanical fighter showed his face for the first time in the "Eternal Rivals" RIG. There is not much known about this man, if he even is a man beneath it all. As the RIG progresses, he is a rare encounter in the fourth round and has an item called the Vesper Core.

It is stated in his SDPlus #295 doll. "He speaks rarely, and very little is known about this challenger except that he is extremely dangerous." The one time he does speak Vesper says "Deus in adjutorium meum intende". This is a Latin for "O God, come to my assistance", and is sometimes known as a traditional Latin Christian prayer.

Should he win, this is the image that is displayed to the losing fighter.

Ivangelia

User Image
This giant mecha was introduced through the release of the "Screen King" RIG in which Ivan has dreams based on movies. One of these segments seems to be based off of Transformers and Evangelia. Through this RIG we received yet another fantastic set of armor, the Ivangelia.

"Just as the train is about to hit them, its iron and steel start disconnecting and reassembling to another shape. Ivan and Liza watch in awe as it turns into a giant mecha, the Trainsformer!"

"Luckily, Ivan has his own mecha, the Ivangelia! It activates and rescues them from the Trainsformer."

"Ivangelia and the Trainsformer battle fiercely. But the enemy is incredibly strong, and Ivan knows that his mecha can only take so much abuse."

"Bibbles comes on screen - he’s found a weakness in the enemy’s armor! Ivan grins and prepares to fire at the coordinates..."

The artist of the images as well as the creator of the item warrior_of_boognish posted some of these non-gif art pieces in his journal. While they are line art they are much larger and more detailed. [x] [x] [x]

zOMG

In Gaia's MMO, robots still have an influence and are still a part of this plot. While the main NPCs are not mentioned by name in the game, there are still robots. And they are on both sides.

Rocko the Barton Guard who blocks the entrance to Aekea from Bass'ken Lake tells us the situation Aekea is having with the Animated.

Rocko
Yo! You donwanna go dis way. It jes' ain't safe fer anyone der now. Dem mangy 'bots tearin' up the place.

Rocko
Yah. Dat's wot I hear anyway. De bots dat don't t'ink good are comin' alive. De t'inkin' ones is still good and fightin' em wit us. But' it's a real mess.

The robots of Aekea are doing more than just fighting off the Animated. They have taken their own thoughts and made them available to all Gaians who fight the Animated. Because I am not personally well versed, I will take this explanation off of zOMG Wiki.

zOMG Wiki
The HyperNet is a database containing the AI-thoughts of the bots of Aekea. The AIs have given Gaians access to this database through robots located in several areas of Gaia.

At the moment, the HyperNet only gives information about the HyperNet itself, the area it's located in, and the gameplay basics. However, in update S43100 it was stated that it will "will be expanded further in the future."

In-Game info

Origins of the HyperNet
The town of Aekea is well-known for its AI (artificial intelligence) personalities.
Those AIs move around in robotic bodies, but they aren't constrained to those mere metal forms.
The vast intellects of the AIs dwell within a cyberspace area that they call the 'HyperNet'.
The AIs decided long ago to let Gaians access that thoughtsphere and tap it for data when needed.
Try not to think too hard about the fact that you're rummaging around in someone's mind for this information.

While we are pretty sure that she is anything but a robot, due to her dedication of playing the part, Annedroid has been added to the list of NPCs. While she is essentially just a girl in a robot suit, and speaks as if she were one, she isn't. Anniedroid lives in Barton and doesn't play any key roles in the overall plot. However, she does make herself useful in one of the first quests a user is given in zOMG.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Theories

This is a place I hope to be filled with a lot of theories. The robots have been around Gaia for 5 years and rarely have main spot in the gaia plot line. While they bring in new races and emphasize others, the robots have been in the shadows. I want to see what you, the users, think about the plot potential of these NPCs. Gaia has been sitting on them for years. Are they being ignored, or is there a plot in the future?

Bigt275316
I forgot all about the balloon robot.... Since the robots are coming alive... Maybe he will be a Zomg Boss when those area's are open. Maybe a Chapter 2 or Chapter 3 end boss.

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Fanart and Fanfiction

There is not much here in relation to either section. Although I hope to have you all fill this up! I'd love to see how others see these robots. How does everybody view them on Gaia? Show us how you view and interact with the Robots of Gaia.

Fan Art

User Image

PQ and Retrostacja (done for me, not by me): First 3 done by ThulakE [x][x][x][x]

Fan Fiction

The Letter Upon the Pillow by Gerakabatta
Heaven's Just One Town Away by Gerakabatta
Steel Sanctum by Gerakabatta
A Heart's Unknown HD by Gerakabatta
Gospel at High Noon by Gerakabatta
Hollow Age by Gerakabatta
Requiem by Gerakabatta

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Supporters

While the list of robot supporters had reached over 100, I did not know if I should move the list over to this thread. The old list may have users who have changed their minds or are no longer active. You can see the original list here. If you had been on the first list and would like to stay on, simply post and I will transfer your name to the new one.

1.PQ and Retrostacja
2. Wheezey
3. Czar Reggie
4. Chenrezi
5. Relinquish Your Pain
6. Gundamu
6. supercalisto
7. Gerakabatta
8. Bunai
9. charlieslaysvampires
10. Ash Badguy Faust
11. Pixie-elf
12. Yoshikazu
13. Luna_Riven
14. Old Man Vee
15. Madalyn Plith
16.Blaze the Fire Dragon
17.Kitt Koneko
18. IllyriaSkye
19. Crunchy Munchies!
20. Metal Deception
21. MegamanPsy
22. deathofbarney
23. Superimposed Catastrophe
24. Agent Crab
25. B-12694
26. Soprano Mochi Kitty
27. Kanashii Sakura Uta
28. Atypical User
29. Tiina Brown
30. Monday Delirium
31. Full Metal Keyblade
32. Lord Lapin
33. Pirate Captain Sushi
34. Lord Tyhnu
35. Whitescarver
36. Insane Pillow
37. Yeata Zi
38. MadPad
39. Utziel
40. TempusBliss
41. Odd Cinderella
42. kurl
43. Quatro
44. Rurijou
45. E-Corp Saboteur
46. Rei Yami Hikari

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Contests

None ATM

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Robots of Gaia Item List

I know this has no fancy graphic but I wanted to post the item list out of the guild. I'll be looking into seeing if the user that made our current graphics could whip us up something. But for now here we go.

These are items that are specifically mecha related or those that I feel are mechanical in nature. Please feel free to post here any items you feel should be added.

Hats/Masks

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tops

User ImageUser Image

Shoes

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Companions

SDPlus Dolls

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Accessories

User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Aekea Businesswoman

10,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Healer 50
Links in and Out

User Image

User Image

The GCD Airport

[url=http://tinyurl.com/botsofgaia][img]http://tinyurl.com/botsogaia[/img][/url]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff