Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Well...as the marketplace speak all truth.
Gaia sure is insanely fond of cats huh? Why though?
What is with Gaia kitties that everyone must have?
Or is it just because they're even harder to get than the other type of pets?

I'm sure there's also dog people out there. Heck..I know more people RL who love dogs than they do cats. Yet here in Gaia the cats ARE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE! ...or something.

I mean isn't Maximilian the Snowdog and Siku the White Wolf as equally cute as bibbles or something? TAT

Gaia's finally branched out though. We've got Dinosaurs, owls and other "things" for pets now. Yet...never as popular as the cats/kitties continue to be. Heck..there are a lot of equally adorable, liquid-eyed-canines...but price-wise they can't even compete with the kitties at all.

So GCD,
Why the cat love? DX -- have they brainwashed you?
Also...no love Gaia Canines?
How about the other weirder RIG pets?
....the new cash Dinosaur pet -- gonna think it'll be popular? 8D (it seems RARE though..too rare)
RIG PET WISH: What's your dream RIG pet?

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Hey hey heeey
Not all of us yearn for the furry beast.

I am a snake man myself cool

Though I'd be torn between weeping manly tears of joy or sorrow if a snake became a RIG pet. I'd actually quest again.

I hope it's an anaconda though. emotion_kirakira So cuddly and cute. And with an I AM pose? EVEN BETTER.

Chital's Husband

Noob

Maybe a lot of people own cats? No, since I like dogs more.
There are some dog items even though they are kind of ugly. D:
A supherb crested cockatoo. heart

Demonic Citizen

User Image

Its a bit silly to presume that because there's loads of cats means everyone loves them.
As much as there are people who love them RIG pets, there's just as many wishing they'd stop with the cats already. Or least, so I've gathered due to the rising 'no more cats' complaints around about RIG time. Not to mention Dogs won the Cat vs Dogs event years back (To my knowledge.), so there's some evidence cats aren't as popular as Gaia pretends they are.
Personally, I do prefer dog companions to cat ones. But hey, the good thing about cats being the rare ones is us dog lovers rarely have to break our legs to get our companion of choice. rofl That's why I never hope its a dog as a RIG pet. Because I like how dogs are nice and cheap.
On that note: I have no dream RIG pet. Because I know if it did become the rare pet I would weep for the fact it would be too far out of my reach.

User Image

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
The love probably comes from artists, mods, and other people at Gaia having pet cats and just wanting to show their love for them to the general populace.

As for brainwashing, naw, I like the cats but I'm not a die hard cat collector. I prefer the dogs/wolves/Coyote Brothers, type companions they've created for the site.

Dream RIG pet: A robot unicorn.

Hygienic Lover

6,950 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I only adore white fluffy cats (if we're talking aesthetics) if Gaia had never made Bibbles, I wouldn't care for any of the Gaia cats, except for maybe North Kitten Star.

I don't think Gaia as really made any dogs that are exceptionally cute! Even Keely the Creameranian has a silly face. I think the pup from Mlle Butterfly is pretty cute though.

Not sure if I have a dream rig pet. I would really like a Chicken....

Manly Lunatic

Damn cats... I am pretty sure Reapersun is a cat lady... and I do mean that crazy kind.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I like cats IRL, but I don't seem to be as fond of them on Gaia, strangely enough. I've never felt an overwhelming desire to try to acquire any of the rare RIG pet cats, and even the two cheap cat companion items that I own have not been used in several months. If I use an animal companion, I'm much more likely to use the wolf from Child of Gevaudan or the rat from Plague Noir. In my opinion, Noir is twice as cute and ten times less of a space hog than most of the cats on Gaia.

As for my dream RIG pet, I don't really have one. I'm happy just having Gev and Noir by my side.

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I love cats, but not enough to buy a bunch f RIG pets. My dream pet would be a sweet little chinchilla that doesn't look like anything more than a ball of fur with eyes XD

Tiny Lionheart

Princess Piyo
I only adore white fluffy cats (if we're talking aesthetics) if Gaia had never made Bibbles, I wouldn't care for any of the Gaia cats, except for maybe North Kitten Star.

I don't think Gaia as really made any dogs that are exceptionally cute! Even Keely the Creameranian has a silly face. I think the pup from Mlle Butterfly is pretty cute though.

Behold the overwhelming, dapper cuteness that is Mr. Butterscotch the Third and his lovely wife, Mrs. Butterscotch!

Ruthless Shapeshifter

TheMoonsBluePassage
Princess Piyo

Behold the overwhelming, dapper cuteness that is Mr. Butterscotch the Third and his lovely wife, Mrs. Butterscotch!

Oh god. Mrs. Butterscotch's hat is amazing!!!
BUT DAMMIT THE PRICE!

Damn all you RIG PETS!! /shake fists

Tiny Lionheart

Yorugami
TheMoonsBluePassage
Princess Piyo

BUT DAMMIT THE PRICE!

I think Mrs. Butterscotch was a rare chance recolor available from the Cozy Brown Bundle, but rare bundle recolors deserve to be equally cursed.
Why must you do that, Gaia, WHY?!? crying

Ruthless Shapeshifter

TheMoonsBluePassage
Yorugami
TheMoonsBluePassage
Princess Piyo

BUT DAMMIT THE PRICE!

I think Mrs. Butterscotch was a rare chance recolor available from the Cozy Brown Bundle, but rare bundle recolors deserve to be equally cursed.
Why must you do that, Gaia, WHY?!? crying

Also...Mr. Butterscotch's hat is awesome...
and they had to be mean and attach a stupid mustache and monocle TAT
WHY GAIA WHY?

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I love kitties, but Breakfast is enough for me. <3

Hygienic Lover

6,950 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
TheMoonsBluePassage
Princess Piyo

Thanks for pointing those out, they are rather cute!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff