Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you feel about RIG NPCs?

I love them. 0.12903225806452 12.9% [ 4 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 1 ]
I adore some and loathe others. 0.032258064516129 3.2% [ 1 ]
If only we knew more about them... 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
Gaia should do more with popular RIG NPCs. 0.096774193548387 9.7% [ 3 ]
Gaia should concentrate less on minor NPCs and more on major characters like the shopkeepers. 0.12903225806452 12.9% [ 4 ]
All NPCs need more love, regardless of where they originated. 0.41935483870968 41.9% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

RIGs have been around for a few years now, and they've generated a ton of new NPCs in addition to items. Most of these NPCs are minor one-shot characters who never appear again. Some of them, however, get "promoted" - they're featured in another RIG, they get upgraded to shopkeeper (Loyal), or they even appear in the manga and are instigators of events (Azrael and Ciro).

Just like minor characters who only appear in a single scene yet instantly become fan favorites, some RIG characters inspire fandoms despite (or perhaps because of) how little we know about them. For instance, I love the characters Roseus and Serotina from the Luminous Void RIG, and I really want to know more about them, both about their backstory and if they ever find each other again.

gaia_spoons How do you feel about having NPCs who originated in RIGs take a larger role in the Gaian world/storyline?

gaia_spoons Do you see RIGs as part of the "plot" of Gaia, or are they more of a side event with little relevance?

gaia_spoons Who are your favorite RIG NPCs?

gaia_spoons Do you buy items/dolls related to your favorite RIG NPCs? Do you buy them even if you will probably rarely/never use them?

gaia_spoons If your favorite RIG NPCs received a promotion, what would be your preference - a new RIG featuring them, an EI/REI dealing with their backstory/what happens to them after the events of the RIG, a manga appearance, a stint as a shopkeeper, or something else?

This thread is mainly for the discussion of RIG NPCs, but feel free to talk about your favorite event/shopkeeper NPCs, especially in relation to/comparison with RIG NPCs. :3

clarion's King

Super Model

If it was created by Gaia, there's no reason why it shouldn't be cannon, no? There has to be a world beyond the one's we created on the map, right? I'd like to think so.

I would own a dozen Jaid dolls... too bad no one cared enough about her to make one emo

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Magus
If it was created by Gaia, there's no reason why it shouldn't be cannon, no? There has to be a world beyond the one's we created on the map, right? I'd like to think so.

I would own a dozen Jaid dolls... too bad no one cared enough about her to make one emo

Whoa, she looks really cool! What RIG is she from? Did the RIG give any hint as to what her character was like?

And I'd tend to agree with you about the canonicity of RIGs (and everything else created by Gaia), even if it does make the storyline in general a little wonky at times. That's kind of part of its charm, though. xD

clarion's King

Super Model

Salathielly
Magus

Whoa, she looks really cool! What RIG is she from? Did the RIG give any hint as to what her character was like?

And I'd tend to agree with you about the canonicity of RIGs (and everything else created by Gaia), even if it does make the storyline in general a little wonky at times. That's kind of part of its charm, though. xD

She was from Dark Reflection 2, and is basically a gender-bend of Jaiden. By that nature, there's no reason for her to exist outside of that RIG's universe. So the chances of her appearing again are slim to none emotion_8c

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Magus
Salathielly
Magus

She was from Dark Reflection 2, and is basically a gender-bend of Jaiden. By that nature, there's no reason for her to exist outside of that RIG's universe. So the chances of her appearing again are slim to none emotion_8c

Aww. Jaiden got a doll, but there's nothing else for him out there either that I saw, much less Jaid. :c

You're right that it's probably a slim chance, but if she ever did appear again, what would be your preference? Another RIG (one in which she gets an item and doll based off of her), something else?

I wonder if the artist who created her is still on Gaia.

clarion's King

Super Model

Salathielly
Magus
Salathielly
Magus

Aww. Jaiden got a doll, but there's nothing else for him out there either that I saw, much less Jaid. :c

You're right that it's probably a slim chance, but if she ever did appear again, what would be your preference? Another RIG (one in which she gets an item and doll based off of her), something else?

I wonder if the artist who created her is still on Gaia.

She was drawn by the almighty bara chan xd , who left for a while and then was hired back to freelance only art again(?). Not sure if she still makes items or not.

An EI story about her climbing out of the mirror and fighting Jaiden to the death (assuming only one can exist) would be really fun emotion_awesome

Hopeful Girl

My favourite RIG NPCs are:

arrow Black King
arrow Loyal
arrow Jack Frost
arrow Sandman
arrow O. Renji
arrow Ciro

In that order.

Werewolf

I'd love to see more Baine, Fathom, and...Takkun. redface

Creeper Bunny

Some of the art people are posting... emotion_drool
One of my favorites has always been Inside Out Boy
I think I bought Love Charm (Was it that one?) when he was in it for the chance to complete his route... and failed ;.;

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Magus

She was drawn by the almighty bara chan xd , who left for a while and then was hired back to freelance only art again(?). Not sure if she still makes items or not.

An EI story about her climbing out of the mirror and fighting Jaiden to the death (assuming only one can exist) would be really fun emotion_awesome

That would be super awesome! There would be both male and female items, possibly some mirror/reflection items (I wonder how hard it would be to code it so that there was a reflection of your current avatar...), an amazing storyline...I'd buy it. :3

Odd Cinderella

arrow Black King
arrow Loyal
arrow Jack Frost
arrow Sandman
arrow O. Renji
arrow Ciro

In that order.

Were you happy to see Ciro show up in the manga/for the event? Would you rather have seen one of your more favorite NPCs show up first? Are you glad that Loyal is a shopkeeper now, or would you have preferred he stick with his circus? Any further development you want to see on any of these NPCs?

sterek

Wow, those are some really hot spiffy NPCs! What form would you ideally like to see them in if they appeared on Gaia again?

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

babyl10
Some of the art people are posting... emotion_drool
One of my favorites has always been Inside Out Boy
I think I bought Love Charm (Was it that one?) when he was in it for the chance to complete his route... and failed ;.;

Aw, I remember him! He had a pretty unique design, which was fun.

I wonder what he might be doing if he showed up again...

Hopeful Girl

Salathielly

Odd Cinderella

arrow Black King
arrow Loyal
arrow Jack Frost
arrow Sandman
arrow O. Renji
arrow Ciro

In that order.

Were you happy to see Ciro show up in the manga/for the event? Would you rather have seen one of your more favorite NPCs show up first? Are you glad that Loyal is a shopkeeper now, or would you have preferred he stick with his circus? Any further development you want to see on any of these NPCs?

1. Yes. emotion_dowant
2. I swore up and down that Black King was going to make a comeback on either Ciro or Azrael's side! crying
3. I get to see Loyal on a daily basis. He's sexy. redface
4. I want Black King to get a REI or have his own event. Maybe in the upcoming events of Gaia--Gino VS Nyx and he can be on either side, or neutral. ninja

Werewolf

Salathielly
sterek

Wow, those are some really hot spiffy NPCs! What form would you ideally like to see them in if they appeared on Gaia again?

I'd love to see a new (lumberjack?!) Baine item--the old one is pretty outdated, and I'm madly in love with reapersun's recent items so I feel like there's just SO MUCH POTENTIAL there. Fathom I'd like to see involved in an event, either part of a myth arc or as a big boss. (Because yes, more art. Good.) Takkun would be nice to see in a new RIG, especially pre-Hazmats redesign. There's always room for more cute masculine items in my wardrobe, and I'd love to see those introduced by Takkun and his koala.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Okay, i'm biased on fav RIG NPCs since Ciro's my main fav RIG NPC. Very stoked to see he was in the new event. As for collecting his items, yes I do, even unopened RIGs where he's included.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Odd Cinderella
Salathielly

Odd Cinderella

arrow Black King
arrow Loyal
arrow Jack Frost
arrow Sandman
arrow O. Renji
arrow Ciro

In that order.

1. Yes. emotion_dowant
2. I swore up and down that Black King was going to make a comeback on either Ciro or Azrael's side! crying
3. I get to see Loyal on a daily basis. He's sexy. redface
4. I want Black King to get a REI or have his own event. Maybe in the upcoming events of Gaia--Gino VS Nyx and he can be on either side, or neutral. ninja

I think it would be amazing if some of the NPCs came through the Void with us to fight in the battle. I wonder what side the Black King would choose, though...obviously the opposite of whatever the White Queen chose. xD Or maybe they'd finally unite and fight together against a common foe...

Haha, yep, that's very true about Loyal. It is nice to see him around, and he even makes announcements sometimes!

More Black King would be amazing, as more Black King = more blue items. emotion_dowant

sterek
Salathielly
sterek

I'd love to see a new (lumberjack?!) Baine item--the old one is pretty outdated, and I'm madly in love with reapersun's recent items so I feel like there's just SO MUCH POTENTIAL there. Fathom I'd like to see involved in an event, either part of a myth arc or as a big boss. (Because yes, more art. Good.) Takkun would be nice to see in a new RIG, especially pre-Hazmats redesign. There's always room for more cute masculine items in my wardrobe, and I'd love to see those introduced by Takkun and his koala.

There are a ton of amazing old items that could use updates...and more reapersun items are always welcome. emotion_dowant

Ooo, Fathom would make a good boss, particularly if they ever did a sea-related event. And there definitely needs to be more art of him. And story. What is he, exactly, anyway, other than sexy awesome?

And I would love more cute masculine items, always.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff