Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
With the screw up on the current RIG name and listing, a RIG list is a godsend.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Marketplace tags are hilariously inadequate. D:
Some of the RIG items are not appropriately tagged.
Some are tagged only under their names
and not the RIG they come from.

Seriously. Without the RIG lists I wouldn't even know
half the items that came out of every RIG.

Not to mention when time passes by...
it seriously helps to look at old RIG item lists
to refresh memories and to look for good price
bargains of previously expensive items.

So to the people who make these lists...
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I always look for them when RIG release day comes. OvO

Reveler

the lists are awesome,
especially if you're trying to find something from an old rig.

This kind of thread bugs me though,
I mean even if you despised rig lists it's generally just one thread in the subforum at any time.
what problem can that ever cause legitimately, we're not quite drowning in then.

The other thread type that makes me annoyed are *official* fan threads.
because I don't think I've ever seen an official one.
people just tack that word in like it's meaningless.
it. isn't.

Destructive Bunny

Are you kidding me? Typing "game on premiumci" gives me 2273 items found, typing just "game on" gives me 304 entries.

A rig list will give me only the new items that appears in the rigs.

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
      i love them, simply for the reason that they have everything i need in one place.
      i tried searching "game on" and "game on premiumci" and got a ton of results. i'm quite lazy so naturally i don't want to search through 20+ pages to try and find the new items. rig lists are useful because they allow me to see just the new items.
      i also like the way they're done so that the sets and recolours and dolls are seperate. it's just a neat little touch.

also, i love the rig list threads because they've got all the links to the other rig-related threads, such as the reference list and art threads. it's nice because that way i can access all the information from one place.

it's also a nice place to discuss the new items.

also, there's only ever one list thread for each rig, so it's not like we're swamped with them.

Stubborn Gifter

To be frank, I find the RIG list very helpful whenever it comes to latest news... sweatdrop

After all, with so many items in the Marketplace, it's hard to find the specific item that is brand new. Sure, the example you gave (aka: type name in search engine) is simple, but it's not easy to track down. After all, you have other items that have the same tag of the item such as "Premiumci."

So to tell the difference between the latest from the old items, people make a list to help them out. Not to mention, there are some items that don't even have the tags. For example, the rare pet. Sometimes, they don't have the name of the RIG or "Premiumci" in their tags, making it harder for us to find. So not only is it easy to make a list to find items that are the latest, but also items that haven't been tagged yet.

You may think that RIG list is a waste and effortless, but to some, it's helpful.

Enduring Browser

9,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
We need them and I do appreciate the effort that goes into them.
What bothers me is all the hub-bub around them, drama and the like over who gets to make them.

Who cares, anyone can compile links and I'd be fine with it.

Sparkling Transmutator

pseudocyesis
What bothers me is all the hub-bub around them, drama and the like over who gets to make them.

I don't either. You'd be surprised at how many "You're a fame whore" PMs I have received.
Each time though I laugh and laugh and laugh. The seriousness in such messages really sad
I suppose such individuals consider making the lists as an honor or something. Or a popularity contest.

Enduring Browser

9,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Winter Hue
pseudocyesis

I don't either. You'd be surprised at how many "You're a fame whore" PMs I have received.
Each time though I laugh and laugh and laugh. The seriousness in such messages really sad
I suppose such individuals consider making the lists as an honor or something. Or a popularity contest.

You should've started a "fame whore PM" counter lol.

Stellar Succubus

Winter Hue
pseudocyesis

It's the internet. Of course people think it's a popularity contest. Because it is for some people.

The RIG lists are here to stay, the forum had its rules changed to fit them in despite their being very light on discussion for the most part.

But really, when you think about it, who does it harm?! No one. Who cares if one thread exists to contain all that happy banter?! It saves fifty being made, then I'm happy enough with them.

I think they serve more purpose than simply being a good go to place to find the new items. They contain the discussion to one (or a few) threads, rather than a separate one for every second awesome item.

Aekea Citizen

RIG lists make it easy to check the new items instead of spending a lot of time searching for them. I'm very grateful to Winter Hue for making them every month.

Pirate

13,800 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: KO 200
Because they're damn useful. Through the hard work of Hue and others that have stepped up to the plate to make rig list, it makes it easier for the rest of us to see all the cool new items.

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
I find that they are incredibly useful/helpful. I don't like having to scan the MP myself for all the new items.

Dedicated Seeker

Not to mention, some new items don't always show up in the search the first couple hours/day. It's a lot nicer to go into the GCD and see all the items in one organized post, knowing you didn't miss any because of a faulty search.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Quote:
and people find the items the old fashioned way.

No. Gaia sucks sucks sucks sucks at adding proper tags to items; they forget RIG items all the time. I love lists. If you don't love lists, then go tool around in the MP instead. If everyone didn't love them, we wouldn't have one for every single RIG we've ever had, and every list hitting popular.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff