Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I use the fishing guides a lot I also use the monstrous item guide and the art guides

I am glad we got guides on gaia

Invisible Spark

I use guides from time to time and I'm glad and very thankful that people do take the time to put those together. If it hasn't been as updated I still find it useful as long as it has quite a lot collected and recorded.

The most recent ones I've looked at would be for backgrounds and leg mods, and SD dolls.

mindshk's Prince

Kawaii Misfit

I use item guides all the time now that TekTek isn't as reliable as it use to be.
It helps me find all the specific items I need without sifting through the marketplace.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

16,250 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Restorative Spirit 250
I've actually been using them a lot lately, for all my recent avatars. tektek just doesn't update often enough with all the colors and poses I need. I use the arm and leg mod threads the most and occasionally I'll look at other threads on the first page if they look interesting.

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
I use them every now and then. Mostly use them when I can't think of 'that item's...' name whenever I need to. It would bother me otherwise if I never find what such and such item is called. sweatdrop
Sometimes I'll use the Achievements guide especially when there's a new event or kickstarter. Also used 'How-to-Guides' like for Go-Fusion and for Alchemy at least to get a feel of both features.
the towns one i use a lot ^^

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
I love to use them a lot even if it's just to remind me of items. My favorite is the one in my sig, I always come out of that thread with a new item in my wishlist (completely serious).

Hair guides there's two I use (one that's just a master hair and extensions guide and the other is the cut guide). Of course the Master Animal and Achievement threads are also subscribed.

I am so grateful to those that make the guides as it must take a lot of time and cause a lot of headaches.

If I had a gripe about any of them it's those that are unresponsive and despite having a lot of help have yet to update their thread (I just feel that it should be taken over by someone who can keep it updated). But like I said I've used tons of resource guides and I will be grateful to those that put them together. ^__^

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
I use very few guides. Occasionally I'll glance at the more common ones, and I have a few that I look at consistently. Only guides I consistently use are game or feature guides.

I'd use the other ones more often, like equip item guides, but you can't search for items on the MP or in your inventory using the item's main pose picture, and a lot of guides only link to that picture, esp. the daily update threads. When I use those guides I wind up knowing what that first pose of the item looks like, but not knowing/remembering it's name, even after clicking the pic to go to it's MP page lots of times, which winds up being pretty useless information to know. I'm not sure how people use guides formatted like that. Anyway, I tend to search for items the slow old fashion way through browsing the MP page by page. I don't mind. Gives me a chance to find cheap items I may have missed.

JohnKC8JZO's Wife

Sparkling Star

22,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I use them often & they've save me copious amounts of time & frustration, especially when I'm gone for a year or two hiatus.

Especially with the huge influx of new items & recolors daily, I rely on them now more than ever.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I go there from time to time but then it's like "oh these items I want are so like uuuuuber expensive... ugh" to "oh wait these cool games or features haven't been updated in a long time."

Shy Gaian

These days i use the guides very often, with all the items released i lose track, especially with arm and leg mods sweatdrop .
I also use them when looking for a specific themed item instead of searching for hours in the market

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
400 Lux

Oh man I use them, and not just to find an item is mostly is how I have my invo organized, by type and date. So I'm a huge fan of chronological type of guides, such as the Animal items one. I've made my own guides too, the most known one is the Wing's List and made a personal Chronological Rig Pet list, even though there where a bunch of em, but non chronological. My current project is a chronological list of themed bundles, I only complain if the guide has a lot of heavy text that isn't necessary.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Allllll the time.

Whether it's checking out the latest bundles, checking old artwork, or scouring the resource forum for my Inventory Sorting (which ive started on!!), it's at least 70% of what i do on here. Just about the only other threads i frequent are EI fanthreads.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I use them sometimes, when I need them. emotion_drool Even thought most people don't need them all the time, they are the most awesome thing ever on those off times where you desperately need to know something.

Greedy Capitalist

There's a couple of guides I still use and find pretty useful.

I think the one I use most is Ultimate Text Color Guide it's so useful for finding colours for RPs, sigs, etc.

I also like to use the:
Master Chance item list when I forget the name of an item but know it's from a RIG.
Free item guide for free item links I tend to miss otherwise.
Achievements guide, i use this one to find out/double check how to get certain achievements.
Master Guide of Guides is good to see what's out there in terms of guides, and is far easier to look through than using the Gaia search function.

There's a couple others I use that I can't think of right now, I've never made one myself though it seems like a lot of effort (which makes me appreciate it even more when other people make guides)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff