Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,675 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
Have you ever noticed that some gens of REIs & EIs are more expensive than other gens?
Today while looking for another item I noticed that the 1st Gen of the Little Lucie was VERY inflated.
The 2nd Gen is much lower in price, & the 3rd Gen is even lower.

So why is this?
I can understand when an item is newer & is still evolving that the first generation is always more sought after.
Yet, when the item is very old, does the generation matter after it is completely evovled on all the generations?
Not to mention, that once the REIs are finished the 2nd Gen is sold with all the poses unlocked.
So GCD, what do you think on this?

Queen Majo's Wife

Combative Gaian

Well, I know some users that only like first gen items, and will only buy those. They come with some kind of....prestige? Like a first edition book.

As for the rest of the gens *shrugs* no idea.

Divine Muse

Human nature I suppose.

First gens are usually more sought after and bring a better price.

First Gen Yu Gi Oh cards
First Gen Pokemons
First Gen's are likened to limited or special editions.

Though it is backwards in IT. Fourth gen components are more advanced and highly desired.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Collectors.

First edition is always the best. Always.

Invisible Gekko

18,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There's also re-releases. When REIs/EIs are rereleased, they normally pick later generations, thus causing them to deflate.

Fashionable Nerd

What I never understood was when the first gen has a lower
    price than other gens. xd

edit; ^ with already finished items I mean. I've seen it
    on a few REIs too. It's odd to me.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
the belief that first gen > everything else

it also might have to do with when an ei/rei gets put into a rig that they often choose the newer gens (but not all the time)

Shy Explorer

Collecting, of course! My later-gen EIs are... unsettling. emotion_8c

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
One of the reasons are RIGs/CI that re-release items.

Little Lucie Gen 3 was a common item in RIGs/CI for atleast 3 months.

There are also bundles.

Bundles and RIGs usually contain the current or last generation of a R/EI. However, we do get some that have a specific Generation that is neither the last nor the current. Then there are times a RIG/CI just has a bunch of random Generations... or even ALL Generations of an item.

The first EI that seemed to go any and/or all Gens was probably Picolitrosso's Urn. It was probably the first R/EI in a RIG/CI that wasn't choice. It was the first to only be available in a certain Gen in a RIG/CI or Bundle. It is available in random gens in some. It was even available in all Gens in some. It's probably the first to appear in RIGs/CIs and the first to be used when they wanted to test these things... experiment with things over time.

Outside of these obvious factors... there are Price Controllers. Human Beings or their Programs that target specific items. Some times they are only controlling certain Generations. I saw that a lot with Sainte Ciel: Agape. Some users were only targeting specific Generations. Meanwhile an olderGeneration might be 1/3, 1/5, 1/10... the price they were artificially inflating a newer generation to. I used to call them out on that all the time. The 1st Gen or the Unopened version was not messed with yet when they were pulling stuff.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

It's a thing with books, too. First editions are apparently important to some people. Just had to do a search on this today at work, in fact.

I used to care about the gens of each EI/REI I owned, but I stopped caring and will buy the cheapest available since I tend to keep evolving items and don't often resell them.

That said, I can see the first generation being more expensive (always odd when it's not), but one would think the others would be more uniform. I suppose it has more to do with how many of each generation exist in the system (people who bought them at that stage, how many times that particular gen has been rereleased, etc.). That said, why would anyone buy a fourth generation for billions more than a second or a seventh? xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff