Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who do you think will come out victorious in the finale?

Desmona - Her nefarious plans shall come to fruition! 0.12323943661972 12.3% [ 35 ]
Annise - Good always triumphs over evil! 0.11267605633803 11.3% [ 32 ]
No one - They're both gonna diieee 0.19366197183099 19.4% [ 55 ]
Mephiste. Sneaky b*****d. 0.57042253521127 57.0% [ 162 ]
Total Votes:[ 284 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 63 64 65 > >>

Ice-Cold Victory

User Image

User Image
DARK HEART
Marketplace | Cash Shop

STORY

Desmona the Dark was loathed and feared by the people of Elwynne. Her younger sister, Annise the Light, was greatly beloved for her fair visage and pure mien. With jealousy in her heart, she sought to overthrow Annise and control the denizens of Elwynne.

Desmona flit through her Book of Shadows, searching for the perfect spell to cast on her fair sister. As she gathered ingredients to place in her magical cauldron, she wondered- whatever would she conjure? Perhaps a poisonous apple, the classic potion, or something much more sinister?

After repeating a chant three times, a hilt rose to the surface as a voice spoke out to her. "To overcome your dreary plight, you must carve out the heart of Annise the Light..."

+

From out of the bubbling cauldron a hilt arose. Desmona took hold of the magical blade and felt a rush of great power. "Yes, this will do nicely..." Desmona walked over to her grand wardrobe and tapped her chin. Whatever would she wear for such an occasion?

+

Desmona combed her ebony locks and topped her crown with her favorite hat. As she admired herself in the mirror, the mysterious voice repeated itself in her head. She knew not to whom the voice belonged, only that it gave her exhilarating power.

Throwing on her luxurious overcoat, she smiled at her reflection. "After today, the people of Elwynne shall bow down to me. Perhaps... I shall even become their queen!" She glanced over at her blade and began to ponder how she would carry out her cruel deed. Her lips curled into a grin as the images of Annise's imminent death danced through her head. She giggled to herself. She would find great joy in this.

+

Annise sat in the heart of the magic forest, humming a peaceful tune. She favored the halcyon ambience of the woods and the elusive creatures within.

A sudden snapping of branches and crunching of foliage beneath treading feet disrupted her thoughts. "Who might lurk yonder," Annise inquired.

A dull light grew brighter as Desmona emerged from the shadows, holding a magical flame within her palm. Annise's eyes lit up with surprise. "Dearest sister..."

+

'Desmona's eyes hardened as she dismissed her flame and drew her blade. "Ah, Annise. I lack the time for chatter, for your end is nigh!"

Annise beheld her sister with despair and shook her head. "Desmona, you have a darkness in your heart, but it does not have to be this way."

She stood, brushing leaves from her dress, and held out her hand towards her turbulent sister. "Please Desmona, you are beautiful and loved. Come with me. Show the people that you are not as cruel as they believe...”

Desmona hesitated for a moment before gathering her senses. "No!" she screamed, and lunged for Annise with her blade thrust. Before the edge could pierce her heart, Annise suddenly dispersed in a glittering display into the form of a gilded bird.

Desmona fell forwards and looked up as the bird hovered momentarily. "You mustn't listen to this dark man," Annise uttered wistfully before flying away.

Back at her lair, Desmona contemplated her bitter failure. Her eyes glazed over with tears as she recalled Annise's kind words, and her heart began to ache at the thought of being reunited with her sister.

"Do not waste thoughts on absurd propositions, Desmona. You have failed in your quest. Do you really think this land of halfwits could love you so easily? You are as cruel and twisted as I."

Desmona straightened herself up. "Please...tell me...who are you?" A sudden sharp pang shot throughout Desmona; she watched in horror as her heart was torn from her chest. As Desmona fell limp to the ground, a shadowy figure emerged from the fog of the cauldron, holding the still-beating heart. "My dear, you may call me...Mephiste."

POSES

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

*3c also combines with 3a and 3b

*Some hats will also recreate the Jellybao effect

User ImageUser Image

Could it be so? A new EI in the cash shop? That's what the tags in the MP indicate!
Okay, so it's definitely just a regular REI and I jumped the gun and got all excited thinking we were back to regular EI's. Eep!

Do you think you'll like where it's going? Will Dark Heart appease both males and females? Is Mephiste somehow involved? What kind of items, poses, and colors would you like to see? Discuss!

Stubborn Gifter

I think it's more toward REI than EI since the Cafe one is going to be done soon. However, I will look forward to see how the item is going. If I like the item, I may buy it.

Jolly Newb

12,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
Wow, nice find! I'll buy one if the price drops.

edit:

Cafe Miam is also tagged premiumei.
Oh lawl, I was about to make a topic about this, but then I chickened out.

I'm looking pretty forward to this one. It looks like a dark, fantasy/magic type of theme. Because cauldron -> WITCHES! 4laugh

Such a shame, the "protagonist" seems to be a girl though. With the name alone, it seemed like it could make such a good guy item. Though I'm not complaining, I use mostly girl items anyways.

Also, I think it might be a REI.

Fashionable Vampire

Added this to the wishlist immediately. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
"Will Desmona succumb to the darkness in her heart?"

Well, looks like I shouldn't expect much usable male-poses.

Ice-Cold Victory

Ahh, you're right, definitely probably a new REI? I was getting all excited seeing the premiumei MP tag (which I guess all REI's share...) whee

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

I can't wait to see where this goes. I love the cauldron, it's very decorative!

Fashionable Vampire

Announcement is up if you want it:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/new-rei-dark-heart/t.85667943/

Bookworm

Doesn't wow me just yet. I'll just add it to my growing list of R/EIs to get.
Cyriistar
Ahh, you're right, definitely probably a new REI? I was getting all excited seeing the premiumei MP tag (which I guess all REI's share...) whee
lolol reading your post fooled me. I edited my post thinking it was a regular EI, but then checking the tags of other REIs, I had to edit it again. rofl

edit:
Just reading the announcement, it seems to be loosely based off of Snow White. The hidden apple pose and "carve a heart out of Annise the Light" reminded me of it.

Dead Hellraiser

I already want it for the book pose alone. This seems right up my alley.

Tiny Shapeshifter

What a kill-joy. Another female warrior could only mean a skimpy breast-enhanced upper armor body part (if worn on female avatar base). emo I hope the armor pieces are similar to Saint Ciel in style though. Valkyrie warriors over magical transformers mood right now.

*edits*
Oh wait. That avatar example in the announcement indicates otherwise. We got ourselves witches.

No. emotion_donotwant

Shouldn't write it off just yet though. emotion_eyebrow

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

Oooooh, that beginning. The knife/dagger/small sword, a book, and a cauldron. It's perfect for my other character! I'll take it!

ALLMAHDOWANTSNAO! T^T

Stubborn Gifter

Yen Quest
What a kill-joy. Another female warrior could only mean a skimpy breast-enhanced upper armor body part (if worn on female avatar base). emo I hope the armor pieces are similar to Saint Ciel in style though. Valkyrie warriors over magical transformers mood right now.

Truth be told, after reading the storyplot in the announcement, it sounds like a reverse story of Snow White to me. >>;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff