Welcome to Gaia! ::

TRex-kun
Unless I am mistaken, I thought the point of this thread was that guys should be able to dress MORE like guys and not less so.

Then they should make items that make you look like a skinny twig or a chubby boy. The majority of men in the United States do not look like your avatar.

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
I think the new items are rather cool. And I think that there are enough items that make you look like a guy. It is not like your life depends on the new items.
Weird_Rei
afk
Weird_Rei
Gaia is breaking the gender stereotype!

Ok, I don't know if that's actually true, but really, what makes an item more "masculine" or "feminine," and what's wrong with looking one way or the other?

... Are you serious? There is a definite difference. Masculine clothes are designed with the mindset of fitting the male body-type (broader shoulders, no breasts. Sorta). Feminine clothes are designed with the mindset of making the breasts and butt look more... shapely. So, heels are feminine. Also, feminine clothes often make the girls appear taller, again, heels and now platform shoes.

They've given guys platform shoes and heels, and given everyone hooker clothes. sad

*sigh* I wasn't talking about fitting the shape. That's getting into biology and therefore the sex of the individual. I was talking about masculinity and femininity in the sense of gender stereotyping.

Heels should not be for either sex, in my opinion. All they do is amplify some part of the body our society has designated is sexy at the expense of comfort to the wearer.
Heels were originally a fashion for men, actually, and women had flat shoes, but they then fell out of fashion for men and became fashionable for women. Now, women usually wear heels, though cowboy boots (and similar type shoes) have heels and men still wear those.

Gender distinctions are stupid, especially when it comes to clothes, and boring. Wear whatever the ******** you want.
kilts kick so much a** it isnt even funny
I dunno, I think it all depends on what you make of the items. If you wear them some ways, yeah, you will look girly, but it all depends on what you do with them.
The new store items suck, but oh my god, the donation items p0wn all of the items I've ever seen on this site.
DJFeO
Well, I haven't even seen the new items yet. But if they do make them look like girls, it's only because alot of guys and girls on gaiaonline have been waiting for more items which serve that purpose. Sorry if you don't like them ;D But they weren't made for you then.
Bat-d**k-women. xd
I wanted to be able to wear a dark-gray pleated/straight maxiskirt. xd
Haha, I actually like the male items.
They are really cool.

Heart shirt? I haven't seen any heart shirt in male's Durem Depot. :O

(I am male really, I just changed sex a few days ago)

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Kilts are awsome !
I think you just have to be comfortable enough with your sexuality to wear them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff