Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gekko

I love both. I have a more realistic avatar right now, and while it's simple, I like it. I'm not particularly good at making more fantastical avatars, because I always end up comparing mine to someone else's who has awesome attention to detail, which I'm afraid I'm lacking. XD

But yeah, depends on my mood.

Shaggy Mage

I have a high preference for fantasy avatars. I don't know if I could even throw together a decent one hm.

Malevolent Phantom

I like both.
        I think that the realistic ones are capable of having more interesting matches of colours whereas the fantastical ones i always end up having to theme it on one colour.
        Lately I have been making "fantastical" avatars but when usually I do "realistic" ones 3nodding

Aged Sex Symbol

This was a tough one because Sal is a demon but I often dress him in regular everyday clothing. I like the sort of mundane mixed with the weird.

Jolly Newb

11,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
kihounomizu
Both but I probably lean towards "realistic".

this

Fuzzy Werewolf

14,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Questing:
I usually go for dressing my fantasy OC in more realistic outfits.
But there are exceptions.
Like...
CHRISTMAS!

Shirtless Loverboy

I would say realistic. I like to apply some real life styles to my avi's but I still use our mythological items to add a touch to the avi's such as tails, horns, wings, etc!

Romantic Bunny

14,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Don't care. As long as I look max fabulous, I'm fine.

But I guess I tend to lean towards the fantastical side. It's not something I really think of really. I focus on sort of having a certain kind of style that defines me. All that matters is that it looks good to me in the end.

Shaggy Streaker

fantastically hairy emotion_dealwithit

Fuzzy Kitten

゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜☆ ゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜☆ ゜・。

Most of the time I go for soft and sweet looking.
    I'm always looking at other users avatars and saying to myself,
    "Well that one could use some cream or pink." emotion_dowant

゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜☆ ゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜☆ ゜・。

Blessed Champion

I prefer more fantasy based avatars, especially ones with swords and armor.
I cosplay IRL, so I think my avatar choices kinda reflect the things I really like for cosplay. Lol.

Timid Cleric

Fantastical. The only realistic avi that I can remember doing is a Japanese school girl avi I submitted in the arenas years ago. Even my Tekteks are fantasy heavy. There is just so much to work with when it comes to fantastical avis.
I prefer to be able to see a person rather than piled up junk.

Seriously though.. I like fantasy to a point, but it can get a little over the top. So I guess I can lean both ways... But.. more so towards the realistic side. I like people.

Tricky Powerhouse

11,700 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I prefer to make avatars that state " I am better then you" because honestly I believe I am better then most people.

Eloquent Explorer

It's more about the balance, colours and textures for me.

However I don't like limiting myself to what someone might actually wear and if a set of wings/tentacles/horns completes the look I'm going for then I'd use them. So I'd have to say I use more of a fantastical element.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games