Welcome to Gaia! ::

Holiday order doesn't apply to me. Nonconformist, baby!

No, you're just a nut XD 0.071942446043165 7.2% [ 10 ]
XMas with Santa! 0.086330935251799 8.6% [ 12 ]
Xmas with Labtech X! 0.064748201438849 6.5% [ 9 ]
Xmas with Jack Frost! 0.10071942446043 10.1% [ 14 ]
Xmas with Peyo! <3 0.071942446043165 7.2% [ 10 ]
On Dasher! On Dancer! On...Carl! 0.26618705035971 26.6% [ 37 ]
I'm just here to spike the eggnog 0.33812949640288 33.8% [ 47 ]
Total Votes:[ 139 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Deadly Poster

5,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Fractale
It intrigues me why so many people want an event with Carl O_o

Because anything with Carl in it will be filled with fun and hilarity, not to mention Chaos and Mayhem. (and really weird animal sounds... eek )

Distinct Explorer

Cold Earl Grey
Fractale
It intrigues me why so many people want an event with Carl O_o

Because anything with Carl in it will be filled with fun and hilarity, not to mention Chaos and Mayhem. (and really weird animal sounds... eek )
well I do like chaos and mayhem....
just not carl sweatdrop

Animal Consumer

Drags himself in.

Carl event would actually be preferable to Dietrich. User Image That little green snot bunny should be eaten. emotion_omnomnom

...though no one is saying we can't eat Carl either before or after the event. whee

Animal Consumer

Chibi Halo
          The last time Halloween had a direct effect on what happened for Xmas 02 was feeling guilty for being indirectly involved in the incident that turned poor Santa into a cow back in 2006. That was the first time we got ourselves a replacement "Santa". So I kind of doubt what we do this year will change Santa's mind on us being naughty or nice. It all depends on the amount of holiday spirit we toss his way that he really cares about. I mean considering that in 2009 Xmas was more or less an ego boost for the former gods Xmas won't really be all that much different in terms of who gets gifts and who doesn't.

I for one would love to see some type of silvery or Victorian blue for Xmas this year. Santa and the shopkeeprs can change up what it is they hand out for Xmas. It doesn't have to always be green or red because Xmas can also be about the ice and snow and colors of blue and white. Come on Santa, Mrs. Claus, or whoever is in charge of the gifts and items we get for Xmas make it so.

They did give us white and blue one year....and last year they gave us something that looked like Mc Donalds' outfits with an ugly red and yellow theme to it.

So would be careful what you ask for around this place. You know the powers of Gaia like to warp things on here and thwart user's expectations. Or should I remind you of what happened to that Timmy kid?

Time-traveling Senshi

Nidorous
Chibi Halo
          The last time Halloween had a direct effect on what happened for Xmas 02 was feeling guilty for being indirectly involved in the incident that turned poor Santa into a cow back in 2006. That was the first time we got ourselves a replacement "Santa". So I kind of doubt what we do this year will change Santa's mind on us being naughty or nice. It all depends on the amount of holiday spirit we toss his way that he really cares about. I mean considering that in 2009 Xmas was more or less an ego boost for the former gods Xmas won't really be all that much different in terms of who gets gifts and who doesn't.

I for one would love to see some type of silvery or Victorian blue for Xmas this year. Santa and the shopkeeprs can change up what it is they hand out for Xmas. It doesn't have to always be green or red because Xmas can also be about the ice and snow and colors of blue and white. Come on Santa, Mrs. Claus, or whoever is in charge of the gifts and items we get for Xmas make it so.

They did give us white and blue one year....and last year they gave us something that looked like Mc Donalds' outfits with an ugly red and yellow theme to it.

So would be careful what you ask for around this place. You know the powers of Gaia like to warp things on here and thwart user's expectations. Or should I remind you of what happened to that Timmy kid?

Oh believe you me I know about the dangers of putting things into the hands of the users when it comes to a choice that will change a feature or NPC. I wasn't around for the years when we got those things from the shops because I took a three year hiatus from Gaia during some of the first Xmas events on the site. If not from Caroling in the shops I would like to see that color in the shops for some nice Victorian Christmas related clothing in the style of a nice long overcoat for the guys.

Animal Consumer

Chibi Halo
Nidorous
Chibi Halo

Oh believe you me I know about the dangers of putting things into the hands of the users when it comes to a choice that will change a feature or NPC. I wasn't around for the years when we got those things from the shops because I took a three year hiatus from Gaia during some of the first Xmas events on the site. If not from Caroling in the shops I would like to see that color in the shops for some nice Victorian Christmas related clothing in the style of a nice long overcoat for the guys.

Ah, you missed the horrible yellow and red. Lucky you. Though the white and blue set wasn't bad. It goes for fairly cheap in the MP.

Now that... I like that idea. A nice long coat. Maybe a long crazy hat ( similar to the jingle me hat ) Even some fun stockings for the ladies. And tall boots. Something that doesn't get cut off on the guys and something that doesn't make the legs look like tooth picks.

Last years.

2k10s set

So far though, think 2k6 and 2k7 had the best items.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
2k7 is still my favorite set. It's not all that flashy, but cute and useful. I liked last year's though -- the red and gold was a nice change, IMO, not ugly at all.

Worst set was 2004, the coloring on those is terrible.

EDIT: Actually I think I'm misremembering and it was 2005? The one with that awful bright green peacoat.

Time-traveling Senshi

Nidorous

Ah, you missed the horrible yellow and red. Lucky you. Though the white and blue set wasn't bad. It goes for fairly cheap in the MP.

Now that... I like that idea. A nice long coat. Maybe a long crazy hat ( similar to the jingle me hat ) Even some fun stockings for the ladies. And tall boots. Something that doesn't get cut off on the guys and something that doesn't make the legs look like tooth picks.

Last years.

2k10s set

Oh wait, I thought you meant stuff from 2004, 2005, and 2006 when I was gone from the site. I was around for the god awful puffy clothes last year and the snowflake stuff the year before. I've been around for everything from 2007 on. In fact, the stuff from 2007 was some of the best Xmas stuff we got from Caroling because it was simple everyday stuff that people can use in a lot of non Xmas outfits.

Animal Consumer

Chibi Halo
Nidorous

Last years.

2k10s set

Oh wait, I thought you meant stuff from 2004, 2005, and 2006 when I was gone from the site. I was around for the god awful puffy clothes last year and the snowflake stuff the year before. I've been around for everything from 2007 on. In fact, the stuff from 2007 was some of the best Xmas stuff we got from Caroling because it was simple everyday stuff that people can use in a lot of non Xmas outfits.

2k6 I liked though. I liked the hat we got, and the boots and the gloves. The candy cane is useful too. The other items... so-so.

But yes, I liked 2k7 too a lot.

Yeah gaia and puffy clothes doesn't work out well. Makes for a fat body and small head.

Been around for 2k5 and on.

Animal Consumer

Lazarus Larkin
2k7 is still my favorite set. It's not all that flashy, but cute and useful. I liked last year's though -- the red and gold was a nice change, IMO, not ugly at all.

Worst set was 2004, the coloring on those is terrible.

EDIT: Actually I think I'm misremembering and it was 2005? The one with that awful bright green peacoat.

I can't recall what those looked like.

2k5 Now that... yeah, I will say those had some issues. Though the little marshmallow guy was sorta cool. But the peacoat... emotion_puke

Time-traveling Senshi

Nidorous
2k6 I liked though. I liked the hat we got, and the boots and the gloves. The candy cane is useful too. The other items... so-so.

Yeah gaia and puffy clothes doesn't work out well. Makes for a fat body and small head.

I left the site for three years back in 2004 not long after I joined so I missed out on a lot of major events on Gaia.

Animal Consumer

Chibi Halo
Nidorous

I left the site for three years back in 2004 not long after I joined so I missed out on a lot of major events on Gaia.

eek You missed the best event then. Grombies. Think that has / had to be Gaia's best event to date.

Time-traveling Senshi

Nidorous
Chibi Halo
Nidorous

eek You missed the best event then. Grombies. Think that has / had to be Gaia's best event to date.

I may have missed out on that one but I'm still happy with how my experiences on Gaia have been in the last five years. Had I known those three years would be the way they would be I might not have "quit" the site.

Animal Consumer

Chibi Halo
Nidorous
Chibi Halo
Nidorous

I may have missed out on that one but I'm still happy with how my experiences on Gaia have been in the last five years. Had I known those three years would be the way they would be I might not have "quit" the site.

Nod, nod If anything I think 08 - 09 area would have been a good time for a hiatus.

Time-traveling Senshi

Nidorous
Nod, nod If anything I think 08 - 09 area would have been a good time for a hiatus.

Nah, because those were the best years for one of the first real guilds I had been a part of. If it wasn't for those years and the friends I made then I might have left again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff