Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old gaia

Hot 0.69480519480519 69.5% [ 107 ]
Not 0.084415584415584 8.4% [ 13 ]
Your mom hahahahahaha 0.22077922077922 22.1% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Shameless Streaker

I'm a Newb. I proudly joined in early 09.

- I'm in love with the event. Though I wasn't here for the founding Gaia has meant a lot to me over the years. I think I was like 14? when I joined, now I'm 18. So I used the event to reflect back on when I first join. This is the longest I've ever been faithful to a website. (I quit facebook after a year) Gaia has such active forums, a nice tight-nit community, and something for everyone is here. And the GD taught me... a lot about people since it's the most regular forum I've used since joining.

And personally I think the old layout is much cuter.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

oh my gosh this header reminds me why I didn't join Gaia earlier cos it was so kawaii as ******** and annoying to me. So glad times have changed.

Then best friend badgered me into joining. Came just in time for the Zurg Xmas event and foreverhooked. xd

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I feel lucky to have been able to remember some of the old designs & the Go-Gaia name.
I had to explain some of the old Gaia stuff to my mom, who just joined Gaia like two years ago.
She seemed a little confused about the site being so different back when Gaia started. xD

Man, I have to say: I really miss the old art & some of the features. But I don't really miss the glitchiness.
That's what made my first account experience so difficult here. I guess there will always be pros & cons.

Sukehh's Stud

Anxious Garbage

8,225 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Well this account started in 2008, I don't really remember if i made an account before this.. But yeah, I do like the banner even though its probably from sometime earlier than 2008. Id like to see more of gaia's history since its the 10th anniversary

Omnipresent Loiterer

I think it's fun to see who is still too important to put on their older outfits (regardless of join date) because obviously they can't have fun.

I wasn't here to see the old, old layout, but seeing all the old avatars brings me back to the days of my Gaian youth where we fished for tin cans so we could make 30k off a tin can hat.

That was big money.
Saving up 15k for an elegant veil. 47k for my first ancient katana.
And the CN scarves.
Oh the CN scarves were the s**t.

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
I really do hope they bring back the other headers. This 03-04 is pretty cool, but I joined in 05 so I wouldn't mind seeing that header too. Then, like the OP said, I might feel orgasmically nostalgic. rofl

Sparkling Supporter

This event makes me feel like such a newbie, though i also joined in '07. I'm seeing older users climb out of the woodwork in the event forum. I do want to be hit with some nostalgic feels from my join date, but I don't mind if I'm overlooked. The header won't bring p nostalgia so much as the the old layouts, especially the dress-up page. I do like seeing all the retro outfits though, most fun I've had with my avi in a while.

Beloved Perfectionist

i feel like it is a good way for new people to catch on their roots!!

while at the same time being hellllla fun for older gaians... mainly me lol

Distinct Explorer

xButtons
But yed like to see more of gaia's history since its the 10th anniversary
I sure hope that, myself. Not just site layout history, but character history and maybe even getting newer Gaians caught up on the history of past events, too.

Distinct Explorer

Dan D Lie N

plot rooooots.

Beloved Perfectionist

Fractale
Dan D Lie N

plot conspiracy rooooots.

fix'd pirate

Lavish Lunatic

But, is the header an actual old header? Or a recreation? Because I'm pretty sure the girl standing next to the hamster is wearing an '08/'09 '11 MC (legendary mage). Or was that MC based on this header?

I'm confused!

But I must say, this event is definitely showing gaia's event style to newbs. Crazy, just crazy! emotion_dowant

I Quincy I's King

Sundae Scribe

36,315 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Healer 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
I've been here forever and all this throwback makes me feel nothing. xd Not happy, not sad, not angry, nothing. So I don't think it's a feeling exclusive to newer members.

I think if they changed it back to the orange layout/logo I might react. "oh god why gonk " rofl

Friendly Power

Nostalgia thy name 3nodding

Golden Gawker

>>>: This header is not the one I remember. I joined when they had
that red-eaded boy and the neko girl. Might still be the same year,
I just don't remember this ever being the header.
I liked the feel of Gaia better back then, it was like a small café with
cosy coushins, candle light and just a few regular customers * 3*
Now it's like that small cafe has been blown to pieces and there's a
huge mall here instead. Which is cool, but not at all as cosy :3

What a nice parable I made, lol XD

Anabaena
Or was that MC based on this header?

Yes, yes it was :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff