Your mom hahahahahaha 0.22077922077922 22.1% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          I started in 2004, I loved the layout then. Ugh I remember how crammed the front page was. I think it would be cool to see all the layouts from throughout the years, in remembrance of all the rage that was had with major change.

Heroic Explorer

It's pretty cool. 3nodding

Stellar Succubus

I've just had my Gaiaversary today. 5 years. I love the nostalgia even though I wasn't here for half of it.

I think it's a good thing! It's about Gaia's anniversary, they're quite welcome to celebrate it by a retrospective in this way! The newer users might be confused, but the whole site confuses them anyway so they might as well be wink

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
What, really?

I joined in 2006. So, no, the old header is not familiar to me. But, I am familiar with the concept of a website celebrating their tenth anniversary. I don't understand; this event is not to cater to people who were there since the beginning, it's just celebrating the site and its success in general. Mixed in with Valentine's Day.

I like this header. It's cute. It wouldn't be very difficult for a newbie to find out that the header was changed to commemorate Gaia Online's tenth anniversary, and that the header traditionally changes to match events and stuff. I dunno man; I just think the idea of someone thinking that this is odd is odd itself. *shrugs*

Mysterious Trickster

I joined Feb. 2005. I remember the old pink logo. It did bring back the nostalgia for me. I kinda wish I had the excitement, like I had when I first started.

Moonlight Mage

10,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
I've been here since '07, and I don't consider myself a newb. I am familiar with some Gaia history before my time.

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm from 06 [originally], but I like this header way more than a lot of the RIG headers.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I joined in 2005, and I don't refer to myself as an oldbie, because the stigma was 03-04 or GTFO

But I have been here forever, I feel like.

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm an 05er so these were the good old times everyone referred to when I joined. Its like I finally get to be a part of those times so I love it.
I'm from 2008, so the gaia I joined was very similar to the one we see everyday now (or well, usually see)

I barely remember the differences. I just remember that gaia did in fact make changes here and there (to the header, the toolbar, the forums...) I can't remember what it used to look like specifically, honestly. I can only remember that it was fine and didn't need to be messed with emotion_zombie

I think if I was newer though, or specifically didn't know that gaia was originally called go-gaia, I'd be completely freaked out by the URL change. I could see myself not logging in out of fear of a fake site or something.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Being a user that joined in '04-borderline '05 (when Johnny was about to jump into the Reservoir), this event brings a loooooot of good memories rushing back to me. Feels nice, bruh.
Lulu the Mainspring Lady
Sir Black Tea

-Yes, 2007 was six years ago.

-2007 was six years ago.

-2007 was six years ago.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*cough*
... I do want them to go through all the years. I feel like 'most' of us aren't 0-2 year recent-joiners, so I'm sure everyone will get some degree of nostalgia from the procession if that's the way in which they do it.

Design wise, as I mentioned in another thread, I really miss the old message and trade notifications. The oversized envelope in a speech bubble with an exclamation mark.

Exact same reaction I just had.

I joined in 2005.

When I graduated from high school.

I appreciate Gaia going through and teaching everyone else some Gaia history but damn I wish I had done more with my life since joining.

I miss the old set up quite a bit. I miss being able to find things easily and I miss not having flashing ads and bars and gifs everywhere. But oh well.

Distinct Vampire

It think it's great to see how it was like, I'm loving it!

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

I think only a handful of people now would remember this layout. I'm not an '03er, but I did joing when they were still using the chibi art style for the headers. Newer people, don't feel bad!

I would like Gaia to update every few days with the styles of years gone by. *tear in mai eye*

Magic Hobo

Oh I unno, I don't think it's that alienating. It's kawaii as ********, after all. and maybe people who didn't join circa 2003 played Ragnarok Online in the interim, and will still get a dose of the warm fuzzies out of the header.

god knows it's making me want to play RO again, and I'm an 04 user

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces