Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old gaia

Hot 0.69480519480519 69.5% [ 107 ]
Not 0.084415584415584 8.4% [ 13 ]
Your mom hahahahahaha 0.22077922077922 22.1% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 154 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Nimble Explorer

It's pretty crazy. I joined mid-'05 so while I'm aware this is how the site used to look, I never personally got to experience it.

The header looks like it's supposed to be for a cutesy MMO, imo. xD

Star-Crossed Saint

14,425 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Cleric 100
I am loving the banner and logo. It's not the exact banner I remember from '04 (Gaia, I can has those too?) but maybe those will roll out tomorrow if they update them every day.

I reeeeeally wish they'd keep the old logo. Or give us an option to keep it. Even after all these years I still love it so much. I love all these bright, cute colours and images. It's what got me into Gaia when I was just a young, little thing. heart

Special Snowflake

I'm more familiar with the design just after this one, but all the same I feel like it's an awesome chance to see what it was like! Like a real museum retrospective ^o^

Thieving Lunatic

I really like it, but I joined back in '04. I have to say, I miss the cheerful pink logo! It's nice for me because I'd honestly forgotten what it used to look like around here. Man, it's so much easier to navigate now.

Manly Lunatic

Joined in early 2006... Gaia was just beginning to sprout it's first flowers then, towns and all that.

Sentai

19,375 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Cool Cat 500
it's hilarious how ~~hip~~ this site looked in 2003 and when you look at it now it is like oh boy that really looked pretty terrible

Buggy Mage

I like the old header, it's very classic and bright. I'm hoping we get some cool stuff each day. That corsage is a really good start!

Anxious Loiterer

15,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
I like the old pink logo but I always wonder if the artist forgot to add the pink dot above the tellow shade of the "i" or if that is intentional.

Um, yeah.

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
*reads thread title*
Hm. I'll say. *noms on Valentine's Day chocolates*

Although it's cute, I prefer the version I remember from when I first joined the site (in 2006). It looks more anime-styled than chibi and sums up the avatar community much more accurately. cat_3nodding

Enduring Hero

Although I didn't join till 2008, I am curious to see what the site looked like back when it first started. You could say I consider the banner to be part of a Gaia history lesson~

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
While I find the old banner/layout fascinating to see... I'm glad I wasn't around then (it's far to bright for me)

I do hope they do a through the years thing, and show us all the past layouts.

(I also can't wait to see what other items we will get.... more remakes of "classic" rare items?)
I like the new change!
While this account says I just joined recently,
(which I did on this one)
I've been on gaia since December of '08.
Not quite as long as you, but
still not a "noob" entirely.

But I do think they should go through all the years
because,
I think it'll be way better for the anniversary.
Trip back in time throughout gaias' history.
Kind of..neat?
I guess.
I don't know how to explain it..

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
The nostalgia header is actually making me sad because I loved Gaia so much more back then than I do now... sushi errors and all >.>

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Even though I started in 06, I still really enjoy the old front page being up. I knew exactly what it was last night right when they changed it and I'll admit to getting pretty stoked about it :]
It just shows how far along our little community has come and how much it's grown. I actually really really hope they go threw each year. I think it'll make everyone feel special.

Lonely Fairy

13,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I also thought it was odd. I did notice the header and was happy and somewhat excited about it, but it was only because I knew the people from '03/4 would be happy. I really have no feelings about the header personally. I joined in 2008, so I feel really new. I do kinda hope they go through all the years, that would be really cool and make a lot of sense, because then the newer members could feel nostalgic as well.

Though the old header and mock-up of go-gaia doesn't really bring me back any memories, it's still nice to be able to experience what Gaia used to be like. It's like a trip to the past, which I like because I've always wondered what it was like.

EDIT: Wow I used the word "like" way too many times in that last sentence. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces