Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

N00bs?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

Good LORD, I agree. I never was a n00b. In ANYTHING I signed up for. I wish there was some kind of test you had to take before signing up for this, to eliminate n00bs. They all think this is just a slower version of a chat room. To all n00bs: THIS IS NOT A FREAKIN CHAT ROOM. This site has a point. People come here to DISCUSS things. NOT to chat.
A noob is just a stage of development. A noob can best be compard to an infant. Do you really expect that infant to know all there is too know about life at first. No and the same can be said about new members. It's a learning experience they must go through.

Shirtless Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
NoObz COULD have some intellegence, but most of them choose to hide it.

Maybe if they learn to type and clean up their acts they'll be less annoying and more accepted.
Peiji-Sama ^.~
NoObz COULD have some intellegence, but most of them choose to hide it.

Maybe if they learn to type and clean up their acts they'll be less annoying and more accepted.

That's quite the biased statement. You make it sound like a Noob/Newb by definition is a user with poor net etiquette.
Personally I think the Term Newbie/N00b/newb has got misused to the point of using it out of context.
The term Newb; dirived from New Member use to be used/directed at members who join a givin area on the internet and partake in the activities with little or no experience. Now granted their are some members that really don't know this knowledge and it should be the job of use members that know the rules and conduct of these areas of the internet to instruct these members, instead of griping about it and making matters worse by creating argry members that will continue to make mistake out of malice towards the impatient members. I think if people toook the time to be more patient towards these members these "annoying" members would become fewer and probably less annoying.
SyrenaV
Good LORD, I agree. I never was a n00b. In ANYTHING I signed up for. I wish there was some kind of test you had to take before signing up for this, to eliminate n00bs. They all think this is just a slower version of a chat room. To all n00bs: THIS IS NOT A FREAKIN CHAT ROOM. This site has a point. People come here to DISCUSS things. NOT to chat.

Ou Contre. You were at one point or another new to a forum/game server/or online chat. You were at one point a Noob whether you like it or not. I can sympathize when you say what you did because you perhaps read the rules and didn't do stupid things. Noob does not equal idiot.
Newbs are fine. They're new and might mess up, but they feel sorry about it and are agreeable.

n00bs are just horrible, mean-spirited and ruin Gaia. I hate them with a passion.

So, a Newb might mess up, but they're at least nice about it.

Example of Newbies

Newb: Hi there! Can I please join your Rp?
Board Owner: Sure, but did you send an Application?
Newb: Oh! Oops, I'm sorry about that sweatdrop I'll send it ASAP

Example of n00bs

n00b: OMG dis is sho kewl kan i jon lol rox my sox half-demon half-humn pure-blood angle walks in and kills you all!
Board Owner: Oh. Sweet. Merciful. God. Leave. Now.
n00b: wut u b***h u suk im reporting you dnt tell me wut to do!
Board Owner: *shoots self in head* OH GOD MAKE IT GO AWAY!
@ DecayingThorn
I'm still am uneasy about using N00b and Newb, they sound alike and generate confusion. That and your run of the mill member won't know the differnce between the two, I really want to get my hands around the genius that made those two terms very similar. stressed
Okay then, sorry about that...Okay, how about Newbie and N00B? Easier to tell apart now that one of them has a "-ie" at the end, right?

And just to be clear, I like Newbies. They tend to be cool and I have no problems helping them with any thing.
I've always prefered "New Member" myself. Nothing more concret then that. I'm just referring to NooB itself, I wish they came up with another word for inconsiderate online users whose only goal online is to bother and disrupt the lives of all the law abiding members. I suggested idiots, but that was deemed to harsh. xd
In all seriousness, I too love New Members. Having fresh new minds coming in and adding diversity to any givin online community is always a plus and if helping them along is nessisary, then so be it, for it is a small price to pay for the betterment of a forum.
Yep! I know! How about we call them all "Jackasses"! It fits perfectly!
DecayingThorn
Yep! I know! How about we call them all "Jackasses"! It fits perfectly!

I completely agree! But then we'd get blamed for adding to the problem, blah, blah, blah your making matters worst, blah, blah, blah your no better then they are, ramble, ramble, ramble. It's such a nasty little circle we have to deal with.
<center>User Image</center>
GAH! ITS THE RING! COMING OUT THIS FRIDAY!

Okay then...Lets just forget the whole matter and blow up all Jackasses on Gaia 3nodding !
DecayingThorn
GAH! ITS THE RING! COMING OUT THIS FRIDAY!

Okay then...Lets just forget the whole matter and blow up all Jackasses on Gaia 3nodding !

Continue as if nothing happened? Sounds like a plan. Lata.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff