Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

N00bs?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Perian111
In my opinion, there are six kinds of noobs.

1. The prep/moron. One who types in all caps and insists on using no less that 500000 exclamation marks, 49,999 of which are "11111".

2. The moderate. In between prep/moron and the intellectual.

3. The Intellectual. A n00b destined to become an admin. This n00b spends most of its time posting in the Extended Discussion forum OR making fun of the prep/morons.

4. The Youngin'. A noob below the age of 13 who spends far too much time in all the wrong forums, pretending to be way older than they are.

5. The b*****d. The arrogant noob who is pessemist of the universe who always votes for Death Penalty and Corporal Punishment. You should avoid this one.

6. The Sex Obsessed noob. The noob who can't post a reply without mentioning sex.

More are welcome!

What about the newbies...this seems pretty insulting...
Perian111
In my opinion, there are six kinds of noobs.

1. The prep/moron. One who types in all caps and insists on using no less that 500000 exclamation marks, 49,999 of which are "11111".

2. The moderate. In between prep/moron and the intellectual.

3. The Intellectual. A n00b destined to become an admin. This n00b spends most of its time posting in the Extended Discussion forum OR making fun of the prep/morons.

4. The Youngin'. A noob below the age of 13 who spends far too much time in all the wrong forums, pretending to be way older than they are.

5. The b*****d. The arrogant noob who is pessemist of the universe who always votes for Death Penalty and Corporal Punishment. You should avoid this one.

6. The Sex Obsessed noob. The noob who can't post a reply without mentioning sex.

More are welcome!

But in here, you're kinda mixing newbs with n00bs. confused There's a difference.

The intellectual could be like a newb. The others are like a n00b. :O

And, "destined to become an admin"? ~__~ er, only one person has ever gone from regular user to mod to admin. You might want to reword it hon. Maybe be modded? Regular users who are helpful are modded.

Plus, just because they're intelligent doesn't mean they have to hang out in ED. We have intelligent people all over the site, and a lot who don't even touch ED. neutral

Toxic Sweetie

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I think it's just ignorance.

My first five minutes of Gaia was the exact same way: eager, wide-eyed, and almost childishly stupid. It was like I had a decade shaved off my life. But I've calmed downed and wisened up soon after, so I was fine.

Plus, being around other n00bs didn't really help. xd
I am A Newbie. I havn't asked for any money nor items. I have however found How incredibly difficult it can be to get money here. All you seasoned folk already know. Many Noobs just start posting random things everywhere because you gain money from it. I actually don't blame them. Give them time, after all, you were a newbie too at one time. but Gaia Hasn't been around that long. many people have been growing togather and these current newbies are close to the first new generation Gaia has going for it. I have to say Newbies are misunderstood and should be given a break. If nothing else, don't bash them. Tell them where to go to get things and what the best way to make money is. Give them guidance rather than a finger, pointed in the direction of where they should go. (Pun intended.)

Toxic Sweetie

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I've been here for almost two years, and I agree, Aponeurosis.

...Damn, you have a long and hard-to-type name, though. X_x;;;
Why Thank You.

Toxic Sweetie

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Sure! ^____^~

It's a little weird how you seemingly randomly catiptalize some words. Reminds me of the Winney the Pooh books. confused
Forgive me if Im wordy. I Just have a nasty tendancy to drag things on. I am new and it does take getting used to. Noobs from what I understand are a deiiferent matter. To me they seem like the same types that hang out in chat rooms all day.
n___n;; The thing is, n00bs and newbs are different. D: people start off talking about newbs then go to n00bs. @__@;

Old vets can sometimes act like n00bs, and newbs can fit in after a day.

The thread creator seems to mean just the typical average n00b who goes into chatterbox and posts "ioau23klad lkja OMG GF BF NOW LOL MUFFINKING" domokun

..etc. ~__^;

Toxic Sweetie

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Aponeurosis
Forgive me if Im wordy. I Just have a nasty tendancy to drag things on. I am new and it does take getting used to. Noobs from what I understand are a deiiferent matter. To me they seem like the same types that hang out in chat rooms all day.

That's ok, you'll get into the swing of typing.
Nyome
n___n;; The thing is, n00bs and newbs are different. D: people start off talking about newbs then go to n00bs. @__@;

Old vets can sometimes act like n00bs, and newbs can fit in after a day.

The thread creator seems to mean just the typical average n00b who goes into chatterbox and posts "ioau23klad lkja OMG GF BF NOW LOL MUFFINKING" domokun

..etc. ~__^;

Or worse (Username: Abinadi) does the same in the ED.
Steeple333
Sure! ^____^~

It's a little weird how you seemingly randomly catiptalize some words. Reminds me of the Winney the Pooh books. confused
Believe it or not the epitomy of philosophy is winnie the pooh. Read Benjamin Hoff's The Tao of Pooh- A great book. I love Pooh bear

Toxic Sweetie

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Hmm, I'll look into it, thanks~

I deem you - a cool newb~! surprised

Feel free to quote me on that.
Steeple333
Aponeurosis

That's ok, you'll get into the swing of typing.
I'm a college student. I am infront of a computer all day. It kinda sucks, but this is me. I do occasionally hit extra keys though...
Steeple333
Hmm, I'll look into it, thanks~

I deem you - a cool newb~! surprised

Feel free to quote me on that.
Believe it or not, I've been here one day and have made almost 500 gold by going and actually entering and discussing in forums. It is possible, and I met a couple of other newbies that are doing the same. I've started a revolution! crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff