Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

N00bs?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

In my opinion, there are six kinds of noobs.

1. The prep/moron. One who types in all caps and insists on using no less that 500000 exclamation marks, 49,999 of which are "11111".

2. The moderate. In between prep/moron and the intellectual.

3. The Intellectual. A n00b destined to become an admin. This n00b spends most of its time posting in the Extended Discussion forum OR making fun of the prep/morons.

4. The Youngin'. A noob below the age of 13 who spends far too much time in all the wrong forums, pretending to be way older than they are.

5. The b*****d. The arrogant noob who is pessemist of the universe who always votes for Death Penalty and Corporal Punishment. You should avoid this one.

6. The Sex Obsessed noob. The noob who can't post a reply without mentioning sex.

More are welcome!
Sorry to reply to this post again but...

7.) A newb who joins to have fun, but is cussed out when they ask a question. These Newbs will probably never come back. They then waste server space.
I mock nubs a lot. I use their horrid grammar for jokes and whatnot. Like I do with swear words. Par exemple:

OMGWTF Z15 T0P1KKZ 1Z AB00T U5 NUB5!11!?1/!??! I H8H8 U T0PIK QWEE8TOR. U R G0NN4 D41. OMGQTFHAXL0LOLOLOLOL0LOL0L0L0LOLOLOL!1!!1!!!11!!

Yet my grammar and comprehension is actually above average.
Your question is unfair: Both situations apply. Certain n00bs are complete morons, and other ones are just confused. Some n00bs continue to post in the wrong forum even after being told where to post it. Others thank you for the advice and do it right. N00bs hit both sides of the spectrum. Of course, the n00bs who do it right graduate to newbie status, so I guess all n00bs are just ruining my fun. Oh well.
Newbies and n00bs are different. n00bs are naked...newbies have something on
Newbs..well, they're generally just new people to a forum.

N00bs on the other hand *shudders*

Invisible Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
well, if they're new, then they should at least still be literate, not brainwashed with chat speak that you need a decoder ring to help read. Acually, i've got this whole conspiracy theroy about n00bs...

Anyways, newbies are just people saying "Hey, i'm new here, how does this work?"

And n00bs go "OMG!!!!!!!1!!! I l1ke n33d g0ld!!!!!!11!!!! OMG!!!!!"

I think they do it just to anoy us... stressed
I hate... n00bs. I'm a newbie, but I'm considerate. Inconsiderate asshats annoy me gonk
Both...and we too been once a n00b before...when you just went into your first chatroom...or forum...first time on the internet...sad isn't I hated those days...never realized in the past, that was such dumbass...
The Human Teddy
Do you really think that n00bs are mindless gaians with nothing on their mind, but ruining everyones fun?? Or are they just misunderstood and need just a tad more guidance?

Give me some answers people. ^_^

-Joshua / Human Teddy

n00bs= idiots that can't spell or have an intelligent discussion
newbs= new people
There's a difference.
OMGWTF Z15 T0P1KKZ 1Z AB00T U5 NUB5!11!?1/!??! I H8H8 U T0PIK QWEE8TOR. U R G0NN4 D41. OMGQTFHAXL0LOLOLOLOL0LOL0L0L0LOLOLOL!1!!1!!!11!!

Even though I was n00b in the past I didn't use that kind of Net speak...I don't even know what the heck it means! I used correct grammar...but I think my god-modding annoyance kind of threw someone off in a chat room...

and n00bs have different meanings in different places...I had that experience...it's strange but interesting...
They post random crap to feel special.Down with them,until they can speak english.
The Black Coakatrice

Even though I was n00b in the past I didn't use that kind of Net speak...I don't even know what the heck it means! I used correct grammar...but I think my god-modding annoyance kind of threw someone off in a chat room...

and n00bs have different meanings in different places...I had that experience...it's strange but interesting...

Exactly why as of now I have 3 documents totaling 14 pages ranting against a nub's stupidity.
The Human Teddy
Do you really think that n00bs are mindless gaians with nothing on their mind, but ruining everyones fun?? Or are they just misunderstood and need just a tad more guidance?

Give me some answers people. ^_^

-Joshua / Human Teddy
zxgvsdhbsgb
I think the answer is different for everyone because, think when you were a noob, were you mindless, or misunderstood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff