Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

N00bs?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Do you really think that n00bs are mindless gaians with nothing on their mind, but ruining everyones fun?? Or are they just misunderstood and need just a tad more guidance?

Give me some answers people. ^_^

-Joshua / Human Teddy
I think noobs could do with a bit of guidance- I believe that they post random crap just to get the attention of other people who are ignoring them for posting the crap.

It is pretty hard to break cycles like these.
How about both? They won't develop minds to speak of (or souls for that matter) without guidance.
Newbs are fine. N00bs are stupid and do what you just said.

When are people going to learn there is a difference?
The Human Teddy
Do you really think that n00bs are mindless gaians with nothing on their mind, but ruining everyones fun?? Or are they just misunderstood and need just a tad more guidance?

-Joshua / Human Teddy

Personally, I think the term "n00b" applies more to the mindset of the person, rather than the age/length of time on site/anything else.

Is it ok for people who haven't been here as long to post in ED? Yes. I hold myself as example. I started in the M&R with my very first post. I have since been around the other forums, but mostly stay in the ED.

Is it ok for people to act like mindless idiots? Not here, the Chatterbox is for that sort of nincompoopery.

I think you should clarify your definition of "n00b".
Pandora Box
Newbs are fine. N00bs are stupid and do what you say.

When are people going to learn there is a difference?

3nodding I agree!
Personally, I think n00bs are mindless. If they needed guidance they could ask. Most n00bs talk with CAPS and a lot of this OMFGJLHLA!!!!11!!1. So, in no way is that even close to asking for help.
There is a difference to what you are describing.

n00b: Annoying jerks who just want to ruin everyone's fun, insult without provocation, yada yada mindless yada yada.

Newb: Someone with out much experience, unsure of what to do, but does try and find out if they do anything wrong.

I'd say you are more likely to be a newb, there isn't a problem with that, infact, all the intelligent and/or kind people were newbs at some point in time, despite what they might tell you.
I am a newb and i watch and learn from the older members and try not to annor and just bump or post random crap to gain any attention.
Remember u too were a newb in the beginning
Ok, one I do know there is a difference between a newb and a n00b. I was asking, if you read close enough if n00bs are actually newbs that need guidance or are they out there for blood? Im sorry if my question confused you. ^_^
The Human Teddy

-Joshua / Human Teddy
I don't consider nOObs new members without minds, I consider the definition of Noob as someone who is stupid, and post useless crap when the should and could have followed the rules, if they did'nt know them, they show up everwhere, and in the stickies. now a newbie is someone who is knew, that is the difference between the two in my POV.
saith,
samuraikatagi
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Once again, in no way was I talking about newbs in this topic. I was asking wether n00bs were mindless gaians or are they in need of some more guidance. ^_^

-Joshua / Human Teddy
The Human Teddy
Once again, in no way was I talking about newbs in this topic. I was asking wether n00bs were mindless gaians or are they in need of some more guidance. ^_^

-Joshua / Human Teddy
and once again I was just saying that there is a difference, jus to clarify to those who don't understand. YOu see that is an unfair question my friend, because there are those that want to annoy you, but there are just as much that need guidance to do the right thing. IN no way should it be of are they mindless, because no matter what they do, any guidance could change that. I dont' really think there are too many in witch they just come to the forum for the sole purpose of annoying people.
saith,
samuraikatagi
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
1) Doesn't provide much ED to make out of it. And thus this topic doesn't quite belong here.

2) I call them "nubs" just to insult and differentiate from the term "newb" which has a good connotation. I have created 4-6 page rants against nubs. Funny stuff.

3) You should have provided more options. Like "I don't really care" and whatnot.

Moving on...
They can't help that they dont know whats going on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff