Welcome to Gaia! ::

Werewolf

Krissim Klaw
How is boycotting GC the worst thing you can do? If you are willing to spend your cash regardless of if the gold gens exist or not than you are creating zero incentive for them to remove them. This isn't like some companies that will be burned by having a ton of unused product languishing in the warehouse. Gold gens cost them nearly nothing to keep around so why would they remove them if people are willing to spend cash either way? If that is the case they might as well keep them around for users that do buy them.

CS releases cost money. Re-release RIGs cost money to code and illustrate, recolor RIGs cost money to code, illustrate and recolor, original mini-RIGs cost money to code, illustrate, recolor and design...and so on. Out of all their options, GGs are arguably the cheapest to make, and by extension the easiest to make profit from...but they're still not free. Before "commissioning" Cash Shop releases, Gaia has to know what sells.

Gaia isn't stupid--they know what GGs do to the economy, and they know the users are pissed and that some of them choose to leave the site because of it. If pleasing the users can be combined with making significant profit, that's when changes will happen...and become permanent. (GOFusion, for instance, was GC-only when it was introduced. The userbase complained, and it changed--while keeping a certain GC-focused appeal as well.) Gaia might be a business, but part of that involves catering to the customers.

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
It's going to be a while before they come back if they come back. My assumption is that they'll be different when they come back.

It might be that they've been making more money with all the Mini-CIs and recolors, which makes it easier to dump all GGs at once and see if it works out better.

Personally, I haven't been buying GC because it's been more important my real money stay in my real pocket as of late. Gotta save that money for weed, amirite?
sterek

CS releases cost money. Re-release RIGs cost money to code and illustrate, recolor RIGs cost money to code, illustrate and recolor, original mini-RIGs cost money to code, illustrate, recolor and design...and so on. Out of all their options, GGs are arguably the cheapest to make, and by extension the easiest to make profit from...but they're still not free. Before "commissioning" Cash Shop releases, Gaia has to know what sells.

Gaia isn't stupid--they know what GGs do to the economy, and they know the users are pissed and that some of them choose to leave the site because of it. If pleasing the users can be combined with making significant profit, that's when changes will happen...and become permanent. (GOFusion, for instance, was GC-only when it was introduced. The userbase complained, and it changed--while keeping a certain GC-focused appeal as well.) Gaia might be a business, but part of that involves catering to the customers.
I never said they were free. I said they cost them almost no overhead. I'm guessing they could easily break even on any server space, and the cost for the initial code with a very low number of sales. That is why they have been hitting them like there is no tomorrow. They carry very little risk or initial investment for what they get out of them. Literally the only way under current management they will be convinced to stop them is if they feel they are actually loosing more cash having them in place, because the destruction to the economy has reached a point where they are loosing more sales from people leaving the site, stop spending cash, and in general getting fed up.

Aged Bunny

Well, Zero Omega did said in the Staff Update for the time being, so of course they're coming back. I'm hoping that means for months or something, not a week later like they said with the GC sales.

Bloodthirsty Doll

24,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I haven't bought GC in 3 months because of my disappointment in the gold generators. Today after the announcement was made and I realized they removed them I purchased quite a bit and used it to get some of the lovely limited items available. I'm excited to see Gaia finally listening to it's users and I really hope other Gaians will support them and keep this site running off anything but Gold Generators.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'm sorry, I don't appreciate the misleading title (for the purpose of attention or not) and the condescending tone of this post. confused

I understand that this is the time for us to show our approval and support, and a lot of people have. Of course some people may be demanding more, but right now if anything that is holding most people back right now is trust. Not that we want Gaia to jump through all the hoops before we start showing support, we are just approaching the turns of events with caution consider Gaia's past behaviors.

Stellar Succubus

I've been supporting gaia this whole time. I didn't need the gens to be removed to avoid buying them. I only buy items or other things that aren't gold gens, as I've always done ^_^

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, and I agree, it's up to us to show that we'd support the site more without 'em than we would with 'em.

Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak smile

Though of course... if folks don't want to support at all, that's totally cool too! I guess, for all those that have been saying they'd support without gens, this is a good time to do it ^_^

Undead Enchantress

So, what you are saying is Gaia is calling their bluff?

Kawaii Spirit

Lockany
I'm sorry, I don't appreciate the misleading title (for the purpose of attention or not) and the condescending tone of this post. confused

This.

I've said elsewhere that I'm cautiously optimistic. I bought GC to show my support anyway, but only 1000, because I don't want to go wild with it and spend $100 or whatever until I'm sure that they're gone for good. There is a middle ground between "I'm not doing anything until I'm sure" and "take my money".
Gold Gens will never leave us. They will always return to ruin our economy.

Sleuth

Misleading title. You do have a point though. Too bad GCD is just a small chunk of Gaia.

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nice points. I agree with you. But I wonder just how long Gaia is going to give the users to prove their support. After all, those here before the inflation have given them nearly a full year, now. Will they be that patient with us?

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Lockany

I understand that this is the time for us to show our approval and support, and a lot of people have. Of course some people may be demanding more, but right now if anything that is holding most people back right now is trust. Not that we want Gaia to jump through all the hoops before we start showing support, we are just approaching the turns of events with caution consider Gaia's past behaviors.

Agreed, it's definitely about trust. While I still spent cash here and there anyway, that didn't really change for me, I can perfectly understand how others would still be hesitant. It's a sobering thought to imagine that even after all of this, the gold gens could come back and we'd all feel worse off than before because of that. That said, I don't think this is some ridiculous scam on Gaia's part or anything as some seem to believe. It's always one's choice to support or not support, and there are those that simply couldn't afford to anyway before the inflation crisis hit.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Krissim Klaw
How is boycotting GC the worst thing you can do? If you are willing to spend your cash regardless of if the gold gens exist or not than you are creating zero incentive for them to remove them. .

It is a matter of where you place your money/gc. Not buying gold gens is what creates zero incentive for them to sell them. What you buy is what counts as it is singularly the one thing that indicates where they go in a business sense. It's all about "trends".

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Erynne
So, what you are saying is Gaia is calling their bluff?
In a way, I read it more that the users will never be satisfied and probably had no intention of ever buying gc to begin with. emotion_drool

But on topic, I don't buy GC but I started doing the free cash offers again. I had stopped around the time that gold gens were first released and had not done one offer until recently. Even if they're just pennies a day, it adds up over the course of the year I've been able to get a nice item in the BFS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff