Promote My Post! a Must or a bust?

I like the "Promote My Post! 0.27692307692308 27.7% [ 36 ]
Screw "Promote My Post!" 0.72307692307692 72.3% [ 94 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
This poll closed on August 27, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Cluttered Cat

It's not really a Promote My Post since it's really the thread itself being promoted. Haha.

I understand and sort of like the concept behind this feature. I hope we get more options to it in the future.

Would like to promote:
-existing threads
-for periods of time (like a week-month)

Like, if an existing thread (charity) has a contest running for a few weeks, it would be cool to be able to draw people to the thread only during the time of the contest.

I hear we'll eventually be able to promote existing threads.

Although, I wonder if people will avoid going to the promoted threads as a boycott statement if they don't like the feature... sad

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I won't ever use it.

Especially since it doesn't do anything.

Lonely Loiterer

I'm never going to use it. I have much more valuable stuff to spend gc on. xD

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
Starzel
I checked out art sops, surprisingly nobody is using it there. I thought it would be popular with that crowd.

Just think of this as a wake up call!

Fashionable Gaian

Starzel
I checked out art shops, surprisingly nobody is using it there. I thought it would be popular with that crowd.

Good.
Because using that is just going to result in getting your thread downvoted...like mad. lol

Ice-Cold Victory

Although the price is a little steep at 50-100GC, I understand why it would be priced as such.

You're paying to make your thread stand out. If everyone could afford it, threads with fancy banners would just fill the screen and then you'll realize that you spent money to make your thread look just like everyone else's.

Anyways, the price doesn't matter much to me because I rarely make threads and doubt I would make use of the feature. It would be nice to see more PMP banner options, though!

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
momo-ai13
That the fun part being a host!~ rofl

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/absobloodylutely/00hoshiz.gif[/img]Stance
RafiCat
Uncle Kenny
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
HAHAHAHAHA!

I am NEVER going to use it. emotion_donotwant

"Never say never" - justin bieber

i might try it out once just to annoy people razz

first i'll have to hand out chill pills though

Ok, I will not use it as it is.

It has the detriment of costing way too damn much and can't be used on already created thread.

The ball has been dropped, yo.

Functionality for existing threads will be added in hopefully tomorrow. Just a couple more things that needed to be tweaked with it before it could go out.

good, the only thread I would want to use it on is my existing bump thread. Still 100 gc seems steep - many of us can't afford to actually buy gc, we only get the free gc from ads.

I can get 100 gc within a day or two just by watching the daily treat and offer videos. I agree that it's steep, but not ridiculously steep. I think 25-50 gc would be a better price.
User Image

While I have to admit I was able to make around 50gcash today just from videos too, not everyone has those videos available where they live.
I feel like I see more people who can't make that much versus those who can, that's why I think they should at least cut it in half.

Saint

The Drunken Jester
Maerua
I'm not sure what everyone's complaining about. I find it an alright feature.

All it really needs is a little less contrast, some different banner choices, and the ability to promote existing threads or posts.

It's too big.

I was expecting a different and/or larger icon for the thread title or something.

It takes up exactly the same amount of space as any other thread, promoted or not. The only reason why it looks bigger is because of the strong contrast. The padding of each thread listing is the same.

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
Yeata Zi
I won't ever use it.

Especially since it doesn't do anything.
Guess it not ready or must broke down eh?

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
momo-ai13
You right about one thing I only get 3 video a day before some thing nasty and horrible happen to a laptop or...2 So cut to 50 or maybe 25 would do nicely if they could or they would.

Wheezing Smoker

Nah.

I rather they let us use color font in the thread title.

Pumpkin

Landusk
8DStance
RafiCat

good, the only thread I would want to use it on is my existing bump thread. Still 100 gc seems steep - many of us can't afford to actually buy gc, we only get the free gc from ads.

I can get 100 gc within a day or two just by watching the daily treat and offer videos. I agree that it's steep, but not ridiculously steep. I think 25-50 gc would be a better price.

Well that is a good thing if you try to avoid nasty virus and worms that may lurk form those things.

i only watch the offer videos and daily treat videos
they tend to be brand advertising videos. stuff like beer, laundry detergent, ect.
i've never had any virus problems due to those videos.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I don't have a problem with the concept. I just don't like PMP because the backgrounds are garish, loud, and ugly. Sure, PMP threads stand out, but they stand out like sore thumbs or a large wart on your face.

Commanding Berserker

25,525 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hero 100
8DStance
Landusk
8DStance
RafiCat

Well that is a good thing if you try to avoid nasty virus and worms that may lurk form those things.

i only watch the offer videos and daily treat videos
they tend to be brand advertising videos. stuff like beer, laundry detergent, ect.
i've never had any virus problems due to those videos.

Really? well I recall a add that gave me horrble horrble nasty lag! but I guess it gone now Since now every one be need Beer Laundry detergent and so on... Oh well I sure some may be safe just be careful when it slow down or two.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff