Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Lunatic

Meromictic
Amy Storm
I'm going to pronounce it as 'pimp' with or without the i.

Probably lets you feature a thread on the front page/wherever for money. Probably real money. I've seen other sites do it. So, y'know, user advertising. I think I'll end up ignoring it.

You know if it this requires actual money for use, it just makes using PIMP that much more valid. xd

They tried something like that a really long time ago with the first cash currency. It wasn't posts though but a little add spot and I think it was threads or guilds that people had promoted. Although I could be thinking of something else. idk

Yesss. Gaia is clearly run by pimps. The kind that wear those flashy purple suits! And that should be their mascot for this feature.

I remember a spotlight thing but I don't remember it being paid for. Though I definitely didn't look into it, so who knows. And I didn't realize they had a different currency before, I only remember it being 'send in 2.50 for the DI'.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Name is making me cringe.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
KeaWood
Maybe they'll have a bump button that you can use instead of spamming your own topic with random "bump" posts.

gonk
I sure hope not!
I like doing bumps so that people can see that i'm still actively selling/buying an item, seeing as how the posts have a timestamp and all...

hopefully if this is the case they allow the bumps to have timestamps...

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Amy Storm
Meromictic
Amy Storm
I'm going to pronounce it as 'pimp' with or without the i.

Probably lets you feature a thread on the front page/wherever for money. Probably real money. I've seen other sites do it. So, y'know, user advertising. I think I'll end up ignoring it.

You know if it this requires actual money for use, it just makes using PIMP that much more valid. xd

They tried something like that a really long time ago with the first cash currency. It wasn't posts though but a little add spot and I think it was threads or guilds that people had promoted. Although I could be thinking of something else. idk

Yesss. Gaia is clearly run by pimps. The kind that wear those flashy purple suits! And that should be their mascot for this feature.

I remember a spotlight thing but I don't remember it being paid for. Though I definitely didn't look into it, so who knows. And I didn't realize they had a different currency before, I only remember it being 'send in 2.50 for the DI'.

They were called Gift Credits but the cash shop wasn't around so I'm not sure what the point of them was. Here is the announcement about the two

And maybe it wasn't paid for? e.e I honestly don't remember much about it. XD I was still too much of a noob doing my own thing to care. haha

Exhibitionist

14,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

If it is anything like the Facebook feature of the same name, it will require you to pay real money to get your post/thread seen by the masses even if they do not even lurk in those forums. I cannot see how this would benefit anyone really, and knowing some users, they will troll the crap out of these posts/threads being "promoted" and just destroy the intention behind it.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

This.

Magnetic Lunatic

Meromictic

They were called Gift Credits but the cash shop wasn't around so I'm not sure what the point of them was. Here is the announcement about the two

And maybe it wasn't paid for? e.e I honestly don't remember much about it. XD I was still too much of a noob doing my own thing to care. haha

I was actually around for that and didn't remember it? Shows how important the stuff was I guess. The part I remembered was my mules all getting 40 gcash.

It was a long time ago. Also they might be counting on us forgetting the similar feature from eight or whatever years ago - you know, like television series do. biggrin

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Sounds like some kind of gold sink, would only be affordable to those with shops etc

Personally I think they need to change how the "My Gaia" page works but that's just me....

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
Even though I don't know much about this feature yet, I don't foresee it being used for it's intended purpose.

Questionable Shapeshifter

This is going to be a headache for a lot of users in the future. Hope it gets it's own disable button like meebo

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

SPAM! EYE-GOUGING PROMOTE SPAM EVERYWHERE!

Nimble Wolf

28,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
I'm seconding the theory that we can purchase glittery things for our posts. While it's not something I doubt I'll see in gold shops, perhaps in cash shop. It's not Zomg related, but I do see our resident Zomg shopkeep exploiting our natures with glittery things.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
III_of_Wands
I'm seconding the theory that we can purchase glittery things for our posts. While it's not something I doubt I'll see in gold shops, perhaps in cash shop. It's not Zomg related, but I do see our resident Zomg shopkeep exploiting our natures with glittery things.
I agreed right there...
I agreed.. I made this in promotion for anyone who wants to USE it in CB:
User Image

Shadowy Gaian

17,925 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Monochrome Spring
Maybe they'll have a bump button that you can use instead of spamming your own topic with random "bump" posts.

I'm thinking along the same lines.

but my first thought was the facebook newsfeed. they have the option to show popular posts first or to list them by most recent so im pretty iffy about this

Gracious Gaian

6,700 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
Hello fellow Gaians

Being on Gaia a few years now I've ralised why am I having all this fun when the rest of South Africa is missing out. With this thought I've decided I shall promote gaia in a way buy putting flyers up at my school for a start and be the representative of SA for gaia to be over flown with more anime and game lover that this site so obviously is blessed with.

I just thought I'd share this idea with everyone and would love to hear your oppinions and suggestions about it to make it a huge success in bringing a few extra gaians abroad. Please feel free to inbox me !!! smile

Love all of you guys hey !!
MS*

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Man, all I'm wondering is if you can get some cool achievement title out of it....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff