Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Seeker

Camilia_Chan
I'm gonna have to say no to PMP, because of how much GCash it costs to make a fancy post. 100 GCash for that?! It's a waste, and I wish that PMP could have a cheaper price than that. It would be even better if it cost gold instead.

My thoughts exactly, it would have made a great gold sink. Could have charged 20k gold for a standard colour, 50k for a 'special' one and then cash for 'exclusive' ones. Because honestly, we don't need a Cash sink, we need a gold sink.

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Tessa Frel

My thoughts exactly, it would have made a great gold sink. Could have charged 20k gold for a standard colour, 50k for a 'special' one and then cash for 'exclusive' ones. Because honestly, we don't need a Cash sink, we need a gold sink.

Indeed. If it would cost gold, I think it would be a little bit less than 20-50k, imo. But still, you have a good point about the pricing if it would cost gold instead of GCash.

Invisible Player

Oh boy...100cash. That is a lot...that is 40% of a MC.

I like the idea of a gold sink...maybe 10k for standard then up to 30k for fancy stuff...or perhaps achievement points.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

momo-ai13
Yorugami
Awwwwwwwwwww....only Cash D:
Damn...I'd love to do that for my art shop.
User Image

Could have been a great gold sink.

I think it might actually serve the opposite of what Gaia intended it to be.
Like it might promote elitism in threads and/or discourage people from
going in a thread using this feature?

XD I don't know. But man...I wish there was a way gold users to
get in on the action.

Original Survivor

As I stated earlier..
Lei_Trigar
Eh, I think it's ok, not many options, probably just want to see how its going to take off. So far its not looking good based on what I've read. Prices are a bit high, when I read the Staff Notice saying 'little' bit of Cash I was thinking 10-20GC.

If they were more customizable I can see me using them, like only Gaia related things to add in the post title. I'd probably only use it for my Alchemy Threads though because those seem to be the most popular things I've contributed to this site.

Oh, I hope they add the option to add to already existing threads.. Seems rather lame that you can't even do that.

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
Tessa Frel
Camilia_Chan
I'm gonna have to say no to PMP, because of how much GCash it costs to make a fancy post. 100 GCash for that?! It's a waste, and I wish that PMP could have a cheaper price than that. It would be even better if it cost gold instead.

People seem to be ad-blocking the feature altogether, so it seems like a wasted effort, even if it was gold priced sweatdrop

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I'm glad it's GC only - because if it cost gold instead then a lot of threads would be adblocked for me.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
This can only end badly.
emotion_facepalm

Mods, get ready to clean up a crap load of spam topics.

Dangerous Loiterer

Eh, it's definitely not my thing and looks terrible on my screen resolution. I've gone ahead and AdBlocked everything to do with it.

Feline Bookworm

I don't really mind it, myself.
I think purposefully avoiding/hating on the people who advertise their
threads in this way and their topics is a little extreme. I don't see it as
elitist or obnoxious in any way, it's just a nifty little feature that they can use.
Not that anybody in the GCD has said this, to my knowledge. I know a few
in the CB have though.

Given the price though, I don't see it being all that popular. Unless you've
got one thread that you aim on having for a LONG time, it just doesn't seem
worth it. Having it as a gold sink would have been interesting, except that
it would mean every other thread would be using PMP to the point that
it wouldn't be special or make your thread stand out any more.

Wheezing Lunatic

The only thing that irks me about it is the few topics I've seen, man are they really bright. Or maybe it's just my eyes. It's not something I'd use.

Special Snowflake

I don't mind it, and making it 100GC will discourage people from using it indiscriminately as well as being enough to give Gaia a little more constant money flow. Win/win in my eyes.

Buying 100GC only costs like, what? $1 USD? That's not much if you're going to use it on a thread such as a long standing art shop like Quatro, or something like that.

I even like how the PIMP threads look xd

Aekea Citizen

I don't like it. rolleyes Is there any chance we can turn this thing off?

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Sooooo you can't use it on existing threads? :

Sweet Pumpkin

Sometimes I think some people on gaia need to find something to complain about.
I do think the GC amount for it is stupid, but this will prevent the threads from being everywhere to the people it annoys. I really don't think we're gonna get a lot of people spending real money just for "HAY GUISE PYP AJFgaga", but I mean you're kind of asking for that in the CB or something rofl . So far the GCD just has two, and they are not obnoxious to me in the slight. Personally, I've only seen a few, and it's nothing too bright for me rolleyes the header we have now is much brighter than the PmP threads...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff