Welcome to Gaia! ::

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Narumi talking about it being tomorrow

For examples you can see them in the CB.

Narumi Misuhara
Promote my Post is a feature that will let you pay some gcash to make your post stand out more in the forum listing. It changes the background/design of the bar that your thread title sits in.

So while absently listening to the monthly update, I heard DJ mention something about promote my post. @about 4:08 for those that don't want to hear anything else but really all he says is the name.

WTF is this and why haven't I heard of it? I know I'm behind on stuff but PMP sounds hilarious.

If there was a way to include an 'I' in there somehow...

ANYWAYS

What do you think this new feature will be like? I think it will be helpful in places like art shops and Q&A and such. Like for Q&A if there was a bug flying around and a lot of people were asking the same question, if there was a post that did a decent job answering, it could then be promoted.

But honestly I'm not sure how/where the promotions are going. I wish they had the spotlight back on the front page though because some of those threads were interesting.

Spoons
Guys, I'm serious. We need to find a way to get that 'I' in there.

icily idealistically identically idiosyncratically idiotically idly idolisingly idolizingly ignorantly ill-humoredly ill-naturedly ill-temperedly illegibly illiberally illogically illuminatedly illustratively imaginatively imbalancedly imitatively immaculately immaturely immeasurably immediately immensely immoderately immodestly immovably immutably impalpably impartially impassively impatiently impeccably impededly imperatively imperceptibly imperfectly imperiously impersonally impertinently imperturbably impetuously impiously impishly implacably implausibly impliably implicitly imploringly impolitely importantly importunately importunely imposingly impotently imprecisely impressedly impressionably impressively improbably improperly improvidently improvisationally imprudently impudently impulsively impurely inaccurately inadequately inadvertently inanely inappropriately inaptly inarticulately inattentively inaudibly inauspiciously incapably incautiously incessantly incestuously incidentally inclusively incoherently incompetently incompletely incompliantly incomprehendingly incomprehensibly inconceivably inconclusively incongrously inconsequentially inconsequently inconsiderately inconsistently inconsolably inconspicuously inconveniently incoordinately incorrectly incorrigibly increasingly incredibly incredulously incrementally incurably incuriously indebtedly indecently indecisively indecorously indefinately indefinitely indelicately independently indeterminedly indicatively indifferently indignantly indirectly indiscernibly indiscreetly indiscriminately indiscriminatingly indistinctly individually indivisibly indolently indulgently industrially industriously inebriatedly ineffectively ineffectually inelegantly ineloquently ineptly inevitably inexactly inexcusably inexorably inexperiencedly inexpertly inexplicably inexpressively infatuatedly infectiously inflexibly influentially informally informatively infrequently infuriatingly ingeniously ingenuously ingratiatingly inhalingly inharmoniously inhospitably inhumanely inhumanly inimically iniquitously initially injudiciously injuredly innocently innocuously inoffensively inopportunely inordinately inquiringly inquisitively insanely insatiably inscrutably insecurely insensibly insensitively insidiously insightfully insignificantly insincerely insinuatingly insipidly insistently insolently insouciantly inspiredly inspiringly instantaneously instantly instead instinctively instinctually instructively insubordinately insubstantially insufferably insufficiently insultedly insultingly intangibly intangily intelligently intelligibly intemperately intensely intentionally intently interestedly interestingly interminably intermittently internally interrogatively intimately intimidatedly intimidatingly intolerantly intoxicatedly intoxicatingly intractably intransigently intrepidly intricately intriguedly intriguingly introductorily introspectively introvertedly intrusively intuitively inutilely invasively invectively inventively invigoratedly invigoratingly invitingly involuntarily inward inwardly inwards irascibly irately irenically irksomely ironhandedly ironically irrationally irregularly irrelevantly irreligiously irrepressibly irresistibly irresolutely irresponsibly irreverently irrevocably irritably irritatedly irritatingly isolatedly itchily
Pimp my post. I will have to see it in action before I have any opinion on it. Maybe it will be like a bump feature without actually needing to post a bump?

Mega Noob

All I'm thinking of is obnoxious font colors and a ton of bedazzler apps.

I can't wait. emotion_dowant

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Krissim Klaw
Pimp my post. I will have to see it in action before I have any opinion on it. Maybe it will be like a bump feature without actually needing to post a bump?

Yeah

The only other thing I can think of is that within a thread, your post moves up to the first one after OP. I just don't know if Gaia's forums can do that or not. xD

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

If it is anything like the Facebook feature of the same name, it will require you to pay real money to get your post/thread seen by the masses even if they do not even lurk in those forums. I cannot see how this would benefit anyone really, and knowing some users, they will troll the crap out of these posts/threads being "promoted" and just destroy the intention behind it.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Fashionable Nerd

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

I don't even.

Maybe it would be some annoying feature that when you promote
your own post, it goes into the My Gaia feed and you can spam
people with that s**t.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

Opera Phantomess

If it is anything like the Facebook feature of the same name, it will require you to pay real money to get your post/thread seen by the masses even if they do not even lurk in those forums. I cannot see how this would benefit anyone really, and knowing some users, they will troll the crap out of these posts/threads being "promoted" and just destroy the intention behind it.

If you do art commissions for real money and it's one of the ways you make a living, you might consider doing something like this on Gaia

That's the only idea I could come up with in terms of who would actually pay real money for pimping your topic.

But yea, definitely would be a troll magnet. =/

Magnetic Lunatic

I'm going to pronounce it as 'pimp' with or without the i.

Probably lets you feature a thread on the front page/wherever for money. Probably real money. I've seen other sites do it. So, y'know, user advertising. I think I'll end up ignoring it.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
DC-Chan
All I'm thinking of is obnoxious font colors and a ton of bedazzler apps.

I can't wait. emotion_dowant

omg you're right emotion_kirakira

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
SlX MACHlNE
Opera Phantomess

If you do art commissions for real money and it's one of the ways you make a living, you might consider doing something like this on Gaia

That's the only idea I could come up with in terms of who would actually pay real money for pimping your topic.

But yea, definitely would be a troll magnet. =/

You cannot sell art on Gaia for real money, but you can mention that you do real life commissions and for others to contact you for more information, so I cannot really see that even being a reason to do this without breaking Gaia's rules. I am just confused as to how this would benefit the site as a whole.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Amy Storm
I'm going to pronounce it as 'pimp' with or without the i.

Probably lets you feature a thread on the front page/wherever for money. Probably real money. I've seen other sites do it. So, y'know, user advertising. I think I'll end up ignoring it.

You know if it this requires actual money for use, it just makes using PIMP that much more valid. xd

They tried something like that a really long time ago with the first cash currency. It wasn't posts though but a little add spot and I think it was threads or guilds that people had promoted. Although I could be thinking of something else. idk

Sparkly Conversationalist

Maybe they'll have a bump button that you can use instead of spamming your own topic with random "bump" posts.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Wait, do they mean "thread" when they say "post"? Because I can't figure out why you'd want to promote a single post or how you would even do that.

Thread promoting seems stupid too, though. An active thread is going to get seen; a less active thread can be bumped to the top of its forum for free.

Casrial's Bae

Salty Titan

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lazarus Larkin
Wait, do they mean "thread" when they say "post"? Because I can't figure out why you'd want to promote a single post or how you would even do that.

Thread promoting seems stupid too, though. An active thread is going to get seen; a less active thread can be bumped to the top of its forum for free.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. xD

But at some point its going to happen.

I kind of want to know if users are going to use bright bold giant font again to get noticed and have their posts moved up. o3o Assuming of course that this is a system to vote up a post and not to pay for it to be promoted in some strange odd way.

Mysterious Trickster

Personals v. 2.0?
That's what I thought of it, honestly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out