Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shaggy Loverboy

Kid Jak
Just for the record I never will nor do I want a golden ticket I would lovelovelove an emerald ticket or amethyst but gold just has way to many people that would maliciously try and hurt you over it.

Oh, I didn't get that from you. I was just saying. emotion_awesome

Excitable Kitten

14,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Launch Party 100
I'm bored and procrastinating doing other important things, so I'm gonna reply to the questions.

Since all the users get to "benefit" from user-designed GC releases and mini-events, should the people who redeem tickets aim to please a majority of the user base? Or, on the contrary, would you encourage the lucky winners to go for something they really want for themselves?

Mmm a person can do whatever they want with a ticket, that's my feelings. They paid for it, one way or another, after all. If they happen to make something that the community likes, then good for them. I view it as a 'realize your dream' thing rather than a 'please people/become popular/whatever' thing.

What about the "personal" tickets, like Emerald (NPC Apprentice) and Platinum (Dolled Up)? Do you think there's a way to "waste" those tickets?

I don't really think there's any way to waste those tickets. I mean even if a person makes a third pose for the Platinum ticket that gets released at some point by Gaia it doesn't matter since they still have the doll portion of their item which will be unique.

If you won a ticket and didn't want to use it, who would you sell it to--the wealthiest user, the user with the idea you personally like the most, or the user who might please the most people?

Ah... possibly the one with the idea I liked the most. Depends how I'm feeling, I do have greedy days.

I've noticed a lot of negative feelings toward people who can afford to buy tickets. Do you think this due to envy (they raise the bar for subsequent offers, keeping them out of most people's reach), assumptions (they might have earned their wealth through GGs), or something else?

I think it's a bit of envy no matter how you look at it. Why else would they care about what someone else does if it has no real effect (affect? I always confuse those two) on them?

Which ticket do you think is worth the most? (Not necessarily based on the offers, but for what it entails.)

Whatever color the one to make an evolving item is. So many poses...

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
well... it is good i haven't checked that forum then. i been lurking and trying to keep up with my quest for a platinum ticket. still waiting on its project to come back into the cash shop.

i want a platinum ticket for personal use. if i won that, great. if i won any other ticket, i have other people in mind to gift/trade to. i don't see the point of being harsh and "highest bidder wins". if someone has a great idea or been questing as much as i have for a ticket then i think they deserve it. sure it is stupid logic but i don't care.

either way, i think i will avoid that forum more and more until i find i have.. 50 billion to offer which i don't know if i will ever reach. each ticket is worth something to everyone just... i know i am on the bottom on being able to fund for a ticket. so, who knows. the ei and golden tickets may be worth a lot to the whole of gaia, to see more variety in items. but with gaia having that thread for more ei ideas, it makes having an ei ticket useless. but that is my opinion. and i guess i am content with trying to quest one ticket over another more and such.

Magnetic Lunatic

Do whatever you want with your own ticket. You bought it. Though personally I wouldn't sell someone a ticket if they planned on doing something super dumb with it. Like, making an event where the NPC does nothing but go around yelling "I'm gonna pee on you." And literally nothing else. Though now that I think about it, I guess I wouldn't sell the ticket. Gold's soooo worthless. Not that I particularly want any of the tickets anyway...I still think it's "Pay for a chance for Gaia to exploit your ideas!" Nrg. I have no idea what I'd do with the damn things. Good thing I'd never end up with 'em.

I haven't been paying attention to the negative comments, but I can say at least one of the items released was stupid as hell in my opinion. And narcissistic. Actually I guess a few were that. But I guess it's annoying because they wanted it mostly.

The EI ticket's worth the most. Most poses. Obvs.

Tiny Alchemist

If I had a ticket that I didn't want, I'd probably try to sell it to one of my friends. They usually have decent ideas, although I wouldn't sell them the ticket if they were going to do something stupid with it.

I desperately crave a platinum ticket, not to have a doll of myself, but to make a doll that is running away from my "giant" avatar.... Okay, maybe a little vanity, but that's what it's for, right?

The most valuable ones have to be the event ticket and the ei ticket. I hate the event ticket however, because it is a cookie cutter NPC spam event that probably 40 people will enjoy. I could be wrong, and it could be enjoyable for everyone.

Hardcore Muse

Ugh, it's too late in the evening for philosophical questions, I liked you better when there was a risk of you gnawing off my ankles.
crying

On topic:

Since all the users get to "benefit" from user-designed GC releases and mini-events, should the people who redeem tickets aim to please a majority of the user base? Or, on the contrary, would you encourage the lucky winners to go for something they really want for themselves?
-I've always felt that the user who wins/purchases a ticket should use the ticket as they see fit and make the item/event they've always wanted rather than try to please everyone. Because lets face it no matter how hard you try to you're never going to please everyone with your item design or event concept. neutral

What about the "personal" tickets, like Emerald (NPC Apprentice) and Platinum (Dolled Up)? Do you think there's a way to "waste" those tickets?
-No because again back to my previous statement it's the ticket owner's right to do with it as they see fit. Not everyone has to like them or their design.

If you won a ticket and didn't want to use it, who would you sell it to--the wealthiest user, the user with the idea you personally like the most, or the user who might please the most people?
-If I won an amethyst ticket I'd give it to Hassli and if I won an emerald ticket it'd go directly to Arlette. As for the other tickets aside from the platinum I'd pick a random friend from off of my list and gift it to them. :3

I've noticed a lot of negative feelings toward people who can afford to buy tickets. Do you think this due to envy (they raise the bar for subsequent offers, keeping them out of most people's reach), assumptions (they might have earned their wealth through GGs), or something else?
-What it boils down to, in my opinion, is envy and just general disappointment I think. Everyone wants a ticket but not everyone has the funds or is lucky enough to win one.

Which ticket do you think is worth the most? (Not necessarily based on the offers, but for what it entails.)
Was the golden ticket the one you could design an item with up to 6 poses? If so I'd say that one is worth the most. I've just lost track of all the tickets coming out as of late I really don't pay much mind to them.

Tipsy Genius

Mississippi Black Velvet
Ugh, it's too late in the evening for philosophical questions, I liked you better when there was a risk of you gnawing off my ankles.
crying

Oh, my friend...there is always a risk of me gnawing off your ankles. emotion_dowant

Hardcore Muse

sterek

I have mixed feelings about this.
._.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I never understood the people who threw b***h fits regarding the tickets, hell some would come to my quest thread when other notoriously rich users would stop by and chat with me. It was super mind grating. These are goddamn pixels and I suppose some e-fame but all in all, it's nothing to threaten one's life over or be an obnoxious t**t about it. I made a deal with the seller to get my ticket and it's something I've been thanking her since she initiated the contract.

I went for the platinum ticket because it was a long quest in the making. One thing that I knew I was going to do with my extra pose was something OC related.

In fact, even if I had gotten any of the tickets, it would be that, compiled with d**k jokes and copious amounts of body hair and musculature. Oh and snakes.

Don't really care if some thinks my OC stuff is dumb or too simple or too much in the gender binary aspect. I'm here to have fun.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I think the person should use their tickets to please themselves first and if others love it then great. I won a golden ticket last month and am intending it on creating a Hellraiser themed/tribute item. If you're not a fan of the horror movie that's okay, but if you do like the movie as much as I do then that's great! I'd much rather have an item that doesn't sell out but I'm happy with than one that I made just for the community's delight and I don't really like.

For the personal tickets, I'm not sure how to waste them unless you have a troll pose for the SDPlus doll.

If I won a ticket I didn't want, of course I'd sell it to some one who has a design I like at half their asking price (I have 1 trillion to spend for this ticket! Here, give me 500 Billion and it's yours) or even for free as long as I get a copy or two of the item in return.

I think it's a mix of envy and GG. If I used a pure gold generator, I would honestly would much rather earn the ticket myself and spend the gold on other shiny things I want that skyrocketed due to inflation.

For me it's a mix between Double Rainbow, Emerald and Sapphire for the most valuable ticket. I'm an achievement hunter so I would love to have emerald. To me, getting the sapphire ticket means I could make an EI surrounding my other favorite Clive Barker movie, Nightbreed since there are too many characters I want poses for a golden ticket (I might need another two or three tickets to cover all of them). And once I get that Double Rainbow, Gaia will FINALLY get a purple Rosamund's Revenge. Purple is the color of royalty and I am HIGHLY SURPRISED it hasn't been recolored in a shade of purple even that rather annoying pastel lavender almost everything's getting recolored with.

Wistful Dreamer

Hell ya. For emerald, just dress up in a clutter avatar so cluttered that the face is obscured, sparkles, clouds, and pets hovering everywhere around the head area, maybe even use that item that cuts off your head and add blood splatters and zappy things and petals and just...make it a mess. You could even use the background items + I ams to make yourself into a beautiful piece scenery with person or animal in it. Or use an "I am" item and become singly awesome.

here are some "I am"s to wear while wasting your emerald ticket:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/31849 A cow.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/32696 (Last pose: Ash, some demon dude that came out of a diapered egg)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/36754 (Dodo bird.)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/36093 (a giant cheepz. YES PLEASE.)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10026113 (A gigantic diamond.)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/35471 (Sushi.)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/28966 (A coffin.)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/20107 (Floating teeth.)
The possibilities are wonderful. go to tektek and start a dream avatar and check the I am... section for many more heart

Yeah, just imagine floating teeth as the apprentice to a shop. I don't even know what the point of the apprentice stuff is to begin with since all you really get is a piece of avi art. So i think it's a waste from the start

as for dolled up...yeah, well, how cool would it be if your avatar was the I am Sushi from sushi error and got made into a doll and now you have a doll that gives you floating sushi. Great. xp And the third pose...would also be floating sushi.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Lithium Filth
A lot of stuff that's been made I just find sad, because we shouldn't have to make some of theses things, gaia should already have them.
THIS
I shouldnt have had to make Wayward son, but we literally lacked a proper tan trench coat and decent wings.
So, because of that, I had to make the thing. In fact, my freebie for the event ticket is ALSO stuff we should had been made already (simple hair styles or a knock-off KH coat). Like, a lot of the stuf I want should be here but isnt (plain black sweater vest, anyone? Plain black vests in general)

Slumbering Tengu

I've always found the idea of pandering to a crowd of people to be kinda silly
It's your item, not theirs; make what you want or you'll never see it made
I just can't wait for someone to come along and make a Parasite Eve tribute item
or come along and make a good WHITE bird talon leg mod THAT ALSO LAYERS WITH SKIRTS scream

The extra pose in the platinum doll ticket should be about you
not something that you can just tack in to make it worth more

but than I also think whatever you do with it is your business
you bought it after all with the stuff you obtained
so who am I to dictate what you want
I'll just be in my grumbly grouchy corner

Gosh I'd have to go with the REI as the most wanted ticket
Golden tickets are a close second but everyone knows that 15-17 > 6
so I get the feeling they've been dethroned when the REI one came along
also golden ticket items are always limited, I get the feeling the REI ones won't be
I actually feel glad I don't want that one for once

O.G. Regular

Oh man.
I have to check those forums more often it seems.

Honestly, If you make an item that makes you happy then more power to you. I have friends who want either the gold and amethyst ticmets, and hearing about their ideas is really cool. Not something I'd personally be into, but that's okay~

If I ended up getting a ticket, I'd totally make a dinosaur themed item. Better than the Dino items we have already.
And in the end, I'd be okay with people hating it or being upset, because it's just something I've always wanted.

Gold is obviously the most valuable, at least what it looks like. I do wanna see the guy in the D-Party get the ticket he wants though. It's a neat idea and Diedrich is a pretty cool NPC.

I like BRAINs item too though, but only because I appreciate a good laugh haha.

I don't see things like the npc or doll one being a waste, cause it is pretty cool to get your avatar drawn by official gaia artist and then have everyone see

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I just want someone who is a fan of one piece or tiger & bunny to get an item ticket...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff